Bruce Thorson P-40 revised airfiles.zip

Thread: Bruce Thorson P-40 revised airfiles.zip

Bruce Thorson P-40 revised airfiles.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Other Add-Ons

Description: This is a set of revised airfiles to replace the ones provided in the original conversion of Bruce Thorson's Curtiss P-40B and C model "Hawks." These airfiles do their best to represent the correct weight, Allison engine characteristics, and flight performance of these early "Hawk" models, including top speed and climb rate.

The P-40 "B" model, accordingly, will have slightly more performance and maneuverability than the "C" model, which was the worst performer of the entire series.

I do not profess these to be 100% accurate, but they will allow the aircraft to perform in a manner more befitting her actual abilities.

"Rami"

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Bruce Thorson P-40 revised airfiles.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Hi Rami,

(In FS2004: )
    I do hope your still around. I tried your patches with Bruce Thorson's Hawk 81 P-40 B/C package, but a difficulty taxiing the plane. It only turns to the right. That is to say, the tail wheel will only turn to the right with the rudder deflection. If you turn left rudder, the rudder turns, but the aircraft doesn't.. It continues straight ahead. Was there ever a workaround found for this? I checked your contact point line and it reads the plane should have a steerable tailwheel, 45 degrees either way. (Bruce's original entry here was 180 degrees for a free castering tailwheel, yet it was steerable.) Is there something in the .air file that could affect this? I'd appreciate any assistance.

On a separate note, I've converted textures over to use this model in FSX, but have discovered only 1 issue I can't seem to fix. The top left and right corners of the openings beside each side of the main panel are transparent in FSX. I've made sure there are no 0,0,0 black on the VC texture sheet anymore (changed to 10,10,10 black) and made sure the alpha channel was white, but no luck... still transparent. I'll put a screenshot here soon.

Thanks in advance..

Happy Thanksgiving~!
    Yours,
    Randy