DC-3 - Legends of Flight is released!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: DC-3 - Legends of Flight is released!

DC-3 - Legends of Flight is released!

http://www.justflight.com/newsDetail.asp?newsid=1792

Thank you to everyone who gave us very valuable feedback during the development of this aircraft. Those of you who pre-ordered should be receiving download details via e-mail any time now.

Thanks
    Martyn

Thanks for a really nice package...

Is there a pilot's/user's manual in the works. It would be helpful.

Hi,

There is a 68 page manual included with the product. PDF version comes with the download, printed version comes with the DVD.

Thanks
    Martyn

That's great to hear... I looked around but did not see it, where exactly is the manual?

Will wait for some feedback from the new users....do tell.

Good news!!

I'd buy it immediately if I could pay via paypal. No more credit card deals over the net for me.
    I would have bought many things from Justflight during the last year or so, but unfortunately there seems only one way to pay the bill. You can't even register an account without revealing your credit card details. Sorry for the rant.

Cheers,
    Mark

Looks great but just having spent Ģ170 on a new graphics card it will have to wait a little. The expansion pack at Ģ9.00 will be a must have to get the Waco glider!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Has anyone else noticed that many of the aircraft folders contain empty duplicate version of themselves???

Attachment 24500

Does this serve any purpose, or has something slipped through the quality control? BTW I found a large number of thumbs.db's after installing the 2 packages. I don't really think that these files belong in a finished product.

Rant over...

Best regards
    Kim Dahl

Quote Originally Posted by kimdahl View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that many of the aircraft folders contain empty duplicate version of themselves???

Attachment 24500

Does this serve any purpose, or has something slipped through the quality control? BTW I found a large number of thumbs.db's after installing the 2 packages. I don't really think that these files belong in a finished product.

Rant over...

Best regards

Kim Dahl
    will fsx load with those dulicats?....i had a payware of a plane i really wanted but it loads with a warning all the time about duplicate planes and contantly giving me a popup with a warning..irritating

Nice plane. Wierd about the duplicate folders. Have to try deleting them and see what happens. They didn't affect FSX loading in any way on my machine.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    will fsx load with those dulicats?....i had a payware of a plane i really wanted but it loads with a warning all the time about duplicate planes and contantly giving me a popup with a warning..irritating
    There is nothing in those duplicate folders but "thumbs.db" files.

I just deleted them all.

Paul

USS Dewey DLG-14, ET"C" School Treasure Island-Instructor, OASU/VX-8 Aircrewman

I like this plane...visually, she's beautiful, and I was grateful for the first-day purchase bonus of the expansion pack, which includes some great models.

She flies well, but there are two problems: 1) the interior sounds don't seem convincing to me. No brake squealing, metal rattling, or bone-jarring engine noise; and 2) the manual does a great job of showing me what's what in the model, but doesn't give me the detailed data I'd like to see in order to fly the bird correctly.
    Best Regards,
    Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch
    San Diego, CA

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    That's great to hear... I looked around but did not see it, where exactly is the manual?
    Hi Mal,

It should be in the Start menu (Start>All Programs>Just Flight>DC-3...). If you can't find it there, it is installed here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\JustFlight\DC3

Thanks
    Martyn

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    Hi Daveroo,

The folders to which a few people are referring do not cause any issues/errors/problems. They can be deleted if you wish, or left as they are only kilobytes in size.

Thanks
    Martyn

Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    Good news!!

I'd buy it immediately if I could pay via paypal. No more credit card deals over the net for me.
    I would have bought many things from Justflight during the last year or so, but unfortunately there seems only one way to pay the bill. You can't even register an account without revealing your credit card details. Sorry for the rant.

Cheers,
    Mark
    Hi Mark,

Rant away, we always appreciate feedback! Payment methods aren't my expertise, so I took your question to our Operations Director. Here is his response to your query:

Currently, we are evaluating whether to offer PayPal as an option to our customers.

There was a time when PayPal was seen as a sort of online ‘wallet’ where people stored cash they had acquired from selling items (usually on ebay) and would then spend this cash on other things. Part of the pitch was that by not offering PayPal we were excluding customers who did not have (or wish to use) credit cards online.

Nowadays things are different. While there are still people who spend ‘cash’ from their PayPal account, the vast majority simply enter their credit card details and use PayPal as a card processing service. How can we be so sure of this? One of our sister companies handles all the back end processing for a major games download site. That site offers PayPal and over 90% of PayPal transactions are simple credit card purchases that could have been made via the site.

So, what’s the problem? It sounds like people use PayPal because they trust it. What’s not to like?

The drawbacks that we can see are:

1) PayPal is simply more expensive. That’s not a problem for the customer, obviously, but is a fact of life and you can’t really pass this cost on to the customer.

2) Just Flight has a long established customer account structure that includes a loyalty point scheme, address storage details and so on. This is a nightmare to integrate with PayPal because the customer leaves our site, makes his payment and then returns and there is nothing ‘joined up’ about the process. We would probably have to ditch accounts and reward points for PayPal users.

3) Following on from 2), PayPal takes your money and pays us before the purchase is completed. If anything goes wrong after you return to the site to complete the purchase your cash has gone but we don’t have your order.

4) Customer service. If anything goes wrong you know you can contact us straight away and we will resolve it. We have well established guarantees and we stick to them. If necessary, we will call you on the telephone, irrespective of where you are in the world to sort something out and if you e-mail us we won’t send you an automated reply based on a scan of your e-mail that looks for keywords and shoves in what is deemed to be an appropriate response.

5) There is very little seller protection on PayPal. If we process a credit card we can use Verified by Visa and, if there’s a problem, we can take it up with the fraud department at the card processing end. No such luxury with PayPal.

We will more than likely offer PayPal as a payment option in the near future, but it will probably be limited to verified PayPal accounts, which may limit the number of people who can actually use it.

As ever, we’d appreciate any feedback or comments you have on the above and if anyone can tell us why Amazon don’t use PayPal we’d be very interested!

The reason you can’t register an account without a card is simply because we work on the simple logic of why would someone want to open an account without buying something? We used to allow people to open accounts ‘on the fly’ in the past and we ended up with a vast database of non-customers who were opening accounts simply to get e-mail and news information. You can now sign up for news without opening an account, which we think makes things a lot easier for customers.

I hope that answers your questions.

Thanks
    Martyn

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    I got both the original pack and the expansion pack. According to the manual there is a Buffalo Airways paint there but it is not in my install.

In both packs I get a total of 18 aircraft paints but the manual shows many more than that. Have I missed something?

About to hit the sack now but will try a re-install tomorrow and see what happens.

Cheers
    Pat

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

In case anyone missed the video on the other thread:

[YOUTUBE]YdabdIm46A0[/YOUTUBE]

Hi Pat,

I have installed the DC-3 and its expansion pack and the Buffalo Airways variant is present:

If you still can't see it, please drop me a support request: http://www.justflight.com/supportreq...tProductID=255

Thanks
    Martyn

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    the manual does a great job of showing me what's what in the model, but doesn't give me the detailed data I'd like to see in order to fly the bird correctly.
    Hi Yoda,

The PDFs found here may be of interest to you: http://pcmuseum.tripod.com/dc3/

Thanks
    Martyn

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I like this plane...visually, she's beautiful, and I was grateful for the first-day purchase bonus of the expansion pack, which includes some great models.

She flies well, but there are two problems: 1) the interior sounds don't seem convincing to me. No brake squealing, metal rattling, or bone-jarring engine noise; and 2) the manual does a great job of showing me what's what in the model, but doesn't give me the detailed data I'd like to see in order to fly the bird correctly.
    If you donīt hear the lady squealing inside, the metal cracking, the brakes cheering and the hard engine noice inside itīs not a DC-3, at least the many I flew all over Central America around the 1960s did that....I always look at sound (?) as one of the important ingredients of a model, either it sounds right or you stop using it pretty soon, or start to buy sound substitutes, but no one has yet produced an "inside sounds addon"......thanks for the info. I buy their train addons and the sounds are just great!!

Have just managed a couple of short flights so far. I agree she flies well but I also agree about the sounds - they seem thin and generic, which robs the package of a lot of atmosphere.

I'm also wondering which systems are modeled and which aren't. I've tried opening and closing cowl flaps but so far can't see an effect on operating temperatures. And oil temperature seems stuck on zero for some reason. Is the gauge nonfunctional, or am I just missing something? The latter is entirely possible.

Will try to work with it a little more today and see what more I can find out.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    Hi Pat,

I have installed the DC-3 and its expansion pack and the Buffalo Airways variant is present:

If you still can't see it, please drop me a support request: http://www.justflight.com/supportreq...tProductID=255

Thanks
    Martyn
    Thanks Martyn. I will look when I get home from work this afternoon and let you know what happens.

Cheers
    Pat

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Accusim did no good , I'm not at all interested in eye candy releases anymore.... We want 'living' machines, working systems and not some badly modelled flight attendants or uninteresting non working guns..
    Anneke

Quote Originally Posted by Anneke View Post
    Accusim did no good , I'm not at all interested in eye candy releases anymore.... We want 'living' machines, working systems and not some badly modelled flight attendants or uninteresting non working guns..

Thats is what has happened to me. I keep thinking of the B-17 and all the "character" you hear just taxiing to takeoff. I think this will be a let down.

Andrew

the B-17 has working weapons? that's news to me....