Merry Pigmas, and all that other stuff.... - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Merry Pigmas, and all that other stuff....

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Just a masterpiece Piglet, absolute beauty. Flies excellent in the Arctic. Who wants to cook up a Canadian fictional paint, Buffalo Airways scheme would fit this classic perfect for up here.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Mr. Tim Conrad ............ WOW !!! Your efforts are always top shelf, but this aircraft clearly shows that you've reached a new level. Thanks so much for sharing it. Have a great and productive New Year.

Hill

2010 Grabber Blue GT
    An extra Bucket'O'Slop this new year! :ernae:
    Tim, You Rock.
    Thank You.
    Old Crow

In Memory Still

Charter Member 2015
    Thanks a million,Tim....I'm looking forward to trying this out.:ernae:

Anyone know of a suitable soundset for this masterpiece?
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Master Piglet, is there a way to get a Aircraft Viewpoint for the bubble watch radio man please. Would make for some dramatic views and perspectives.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Videre Vincere Est

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by kilo delta View Post
    Thanks a million,Tim....I'm looking forward to trying this out.:ernae:

Anyone know of a suitable soundset for this masterpiece?
    Look for a post by the invisible guy named Warrant, about 15 posts earlier in this same thread....(at the same page as your post.....)...

Your welcome :salute:

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Charter Member 2015
    OOps , Cheers Warrant....I've had a few and must have missed your post....probably doesn;t help that I'm almost blind in one eye too!
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

YEAH YEAH .. ya Heard it before , 'Just a Machine' .. no ! not the Antonov ,' you' , how many Tim 'Piglet' Conrads are there , simply another superb model .. the list and the quality ! :isadizzy:

A big Thankyou

Thanks, great gift, lots to learn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

Finally got my FSX back in order, and just in time ... Thanks so much Tim for this mighty Antonov...

Mike :ernae:

Thank you Piglet! :ernae: :ernae: :ernae:
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

love it! thanks man! :ernae::ernae::ernae:
    Henk Hugo
    Shackleton Project

It's not that I think stupidity should be punishable by death. I just think we should take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem take care of itself.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Man those engines are huge.. Their cross profile is almost as huge as the fuselage...!

Nice work on the textures Tim. Exterior and the panel look pretty sharp.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

awesome model!

may i ask a couple of questions?

1) when i load the plane it comes in over 2,000 lbs over weight. i notice the weight of the crew, then a huge number for cargo or something. was this done as a sort of ballast? how much of it could i elimintate without making the plane itself lighter or otherwise affecting the model in a negative way?
    it seems to fly just fine while overweight.

2) i know folks have asked about different sounds, but i am just wondering where the sounds it has came from? my ear suggests it's a combo of 2 other planes.

Quote Originally Posted by cheezyflier View Post

2) i know folks have asked about different sounds, but i am just wondering where the sounds it has came from? my ear suggests it's a combo of 2 other planes.
    It's aliased to FSX CRJ 700 sounds:salute:.

Awesome model!! Thanks a ton, I might give it some repaints when I have more time:salute::salute:

SOH-CM-2024
    Somebody wake up Douglas!

Thanky Piglet, do I need my bottle of Windex?

Caz

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    Somebody wake up Douglas!

Thanky Piglet, do I need my bottle of Windex?

Caz
    its here
    H
    DONT CRY WHEN YOU LOSE SOMEONE
    SMILE BECAUSE YOU KNEW THAT PERSON
    IN ABOOK!

Quote Originally Posted by bushpilot View Post
    It's aliased to FSX CRJ 700 sounds:salute:.

Awesome model!! Thanks a ton, I might give it some repaints when I have more time:salute::salute:
    i guessed that, but where does the prop sound come from?

There should't be any prop sound unless default CRJ has them...

This bird grew on me really fast. Just delivered a big ass cargo load in the Alps, and it performs really well at high altitudes:ernae:.

sorry and not trying to be a stick in the mud but im having problems sucking fuel from the stbd tank, it sucks from the port tank ok and to a point where is dry and stbd is full, ive tried to x feed but im not sure its working and not seeing anything transfer

can some give me some direction as its a pig of a thing to fly with one empty and full tank

thanks

I think it has something to do with the saved default flight. Make sure it has both tanks selected then resave as the default flight. I think that shoud fix the issue of one tank being used.
    Intel 4790K @ 4.8GHz , 16 Gig Cas 10 2100 MHz ram, Nvidia GTX 970, 4Gig Video, Windows 7 64 Bit, Gigabyte GA Z87X-UD3H

LOVE it, Tim! Thanks, as always! But...

Joke #1:
    I have to say you did a really crappy job on the interior cargo area.

Joke #2:
    This plane is the sh*t!

I'm pretty sure Piglet has modeled a cargo item here that has never before been modeled in a simulator before!

(Confused? Ride in the back and read the newspaper. :)

Denna A is always crapping on me!
    1) when i load the plane it comes in over 2,000 lbs over weight. i notice the weight of the crew, then a huge number for cargo or something. was this done as a sort of ballast? how much of it could i elimintate without making the plane itself lighter or otherwise affecting the model in a negative way?
    it seems to fly just fine while overweight.
    Just trim off payload or fuel to come in under max gross. My refs said it can carry full payload, or full fuel, but not all at the same time.
    To simulate an empty plane, just remove the cargo payload.
    Never had a fuel feed problem, so I will have to look into this. I do know that dumping fuel will drain the left main tank first. I had a crossfeed switch active, but it would kill the engines when turned on! Not very useful...

To get new internals views, just add a new entry in the plane's .cfg file, near the top under the camera definitions section. Just play with the numbers to get the eyepoint where you want it.
    Well, anyways I glad you all like the big ol' Antonov!:ernae::ernae:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tim Piglet Conrad
    Piglet's Peculiar Planes
    "Ahhh... the freedom of freeware!"
    First Rule of Aviation:
    Don't piss off your mechanic.