Captain Sim sale everything $9.99 24 hrs only - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Captain Sim sale everything $9.99 24 hrs only

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    I got it to fly an AP/GPS route in FSX with no problems with a few simple obvious mods. The 707 and 727 are in a class of their own + highly recommended.
    Can you elaborate on the "mods", please?
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Sale is on NOW! NC

Update: From the looks of it, their server is being hit hard. It is taking me a long time to download just 92mb.

C-130 Multi-Player

Always had problems with the C-130 not playing well with other C-130's in multi-player. Does anyone else have this problem and have they fixed it?

anybody tried the B-52 in P3D? Does it work? I've been wanting a BUFF lately.

Looking at either the 727 or 1011, anyone have a opinion on which is better?
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by AusWilko View Post
    Looking at either the 727 or 1011, anyone have a opinion on which is better?
    I have both theyre both different aircraft i havent flown them in a while as i havent ported them into p3d

I liked the 1011 but dont like the fmc and but it has fat bird feeling which complements it well

The 727 is also a nice aircraft

Dont know, its hard to say which is better as they both have their credits and have been around long enough to iron out the bugs

Can you elaborate on the "mods", please?
    Don't have it installed at the moment. I think it was merely adding a pop up GPS and "backup" AP - probably an older FS9 737-400 model. I might have added a NAV/GPS switch somewhere. I think it is just a case of fiddling with the default AP Nav/GPS setting until it started to follow the basic FSX flightplan entered into the GPS. Similar machinations required to get the 727 to do the same. I usually abandon aircraft that won't follow a GPS plan, but fly these two CS birds often.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    I have both theyre both different aircraft i havent flown them in a while as i havent ported them into p3d

I liked the 1011 but dont like the fmc and but it has fat bird feeling which complements it well

The 727 is also a nice aircraft

Dont know, its hard to say which is better as they both have their credits and have been around long enough to iron out the bugs

Thanks Jeansy, much appreciated

Think it might be the 727 but the 777 is also looking nice LOL spoilt for choices, might get them both but want to pick up a good heli now that I am back interested in FSX again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolfee1 View Post
    Always had problems with the C-130 not playing well with other C-130's in multi-player. Does anyone else have this problem and have they fixed it?
    If you switch on the comm radios, it stops the flooding.
    Regards,
    Nick

SOH-CM-2018
    I got the 757-200 and the C-130X this morning. I already had the Just Flight's C-130 on disk, but now I have a software backup with the A model that I was looking for.

I tried to start the 757 from cold, but I have a "fuel config" light on and I suspect it is preventing me from starting. I downloaded a manual and a video on how to start the 757, still, no start. The only difference is that light and I can't find information on how to fix it.

For trouble shooting, I have the default FSX flight on opening FSX (no saved flight), I loaded pax and cargo with ACE, I don't see where I can load fuel though. When the 757 is loaded, I turn off fuel control levers and switch off the battery. Then I start with the process of starting up.

The "fuel config" light is illuminated right from the start, when I loaded the 757.

Any help/advice will be appreciated.

Picked up the 777. Hope it likes me . .
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Though I am sure that someone will come along and tell you, Captain Sim do have their own very informative forum
    Regards,
    Nick

SOH-CM-2018
    Picked up the 777. Hope it likes me . .
    Completely forgot about that. My bad.

Of course trying to register is not working...

Quote Originally Posted by RaFi View Post
    I got the 757-200 and the C-130X this morning. I already had the Just Flight's C-130 on disk, but now I have a software backup with the A model that I was looking for.

I tried to start the 757 from cold, but I have a "fuel config" light on and I suspect it is preventing me from starting. I downloaded a manual and a video on how to start the 757, still, no start. The only difference is that light and I can't find information on how to fix it.

For trouble shooting, I have the default FSX flight on opening FSX (no saved flight), I loaded pax and cargo with ACE, I don't see where I can load fuel though. When the 757 is loaded, I turn off fuel control levers and switch off the battery. Then I start with the process of starting up.

The "fuel config" light is illuminated right from the start, when I loaded the 757.

Try starting with a default flight and/or a default model.. don't go straight to the CS757
    ATB
    DaveB

777 captain 1.71 update

Just a heads up to those of us who got the 777, there's a patch in the forums that will bring it to the latest version:

http://www.captainsim.org/cgi-bin/ya...num=1476980079

Quote Originally Posted by RaFi View Post

At the bottom of the fuel panel are two fuel pump switches.
    Click on the outside of each and the light should go off.
    They are only labelled left and right and easy to miss.
    Regards,
    Nick

OK. I am a moron.

I thought I clicked on the FSX version of the 777 yesterday. Today getting around to installing it, I see I have the P3D version. DOH!!

I have had no problems at all with CS to date but fear they may not be too sympathetic. I have just emailed them requesting an exchange. Any suggestions on how to approach this?

Thanks guys,

expat

Just received this from CS a moment ago (within minutes of my email to them). Now that is customer service! #

Dear Valued Customer,
    Thank you for your purchase.

Your Order Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please download and install the "777 Captain (777-200) Base Pack [FSX/SE]" v1.70, ( 289.00 Mb ):
    Server 1 (USA):xxxxxxxxxxxxx

----------------
    Please note: the download URLs will expire in 72 hours.
    Your PC must be connected to Internet for the installation.
    Order Number is required for the installation.

Please do not reply to this receipt.
    Customer Support is available at: http://www.captainsim.com/support/
    Thank you!

Best regards,
    Captain Sim
    http://www.captainsim.com
    Last edited by expat; January 12th, 2017 at 03:37.

OK. I am a moron.

I thought I clicked on the FSX version of the 777 yesterday. Today getting around to installing it, I see I have the P3D version. DOH!!

I have had no problems at all with CS to date but fear they may not be too sympathetic. I have just emailed them requesting an exchange. Any suggestions on how to approach this?

Thanks guys,

expat
    Well you are not alone, I got the L-1011 with 2 mins to spare and did exactly same thing. put in a ticket but heard nothing yet, could of sworn I clicked FSX but got the P3D

Expat

I don't think they will be entirely happy that you have posted your
    download link.
    Perhaps you or one of the moderators can delete it.
    Regards,
    Nick

Copy that. Post edited. Thought that without the order number that would suffice, but always better to be on the safe side. Thanks for pointing it out.

Just like to add that I too was quickly and efficiently taken care of, hats of to them

I think I have been a customer since 2008 and I have not once
    had cause to complain about either their customer service or the
    support forum.
    In fact I agree that the standard of customer service is excellent.
    Regards,
    Nick

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    No problems at all Dave.

I finally picked up the "C130 Xperience" for FSX, all the variants plus base pack, for $9.99. THAT's a deal. As usual there are a number of free extra textures available through the CS website. Your screen shot above reminded me of a number of bare metal 1950s textures for the -130A that were done by a man named Nathan Phillips. I've been looking for bare metal early textures for this bird for a long time and it looks like Mr. Phillips made a few. However, the "Phillips" link posted at CS leads to nothing; has anyone heard anything about whether or not these bare metal textures are available?

Members who have read this thread: 0