I Need to Share (the AS T-28)

Thread: I Need to Share (the AS T-28)

I Need to Share (the AS T-28)

After reading about it here (and having flown behind a T-28 that proceeded to pull away very quickly), I have been wanting to D/L the AS T-28 (payware to freeware) and finally got the opportunity last evening. Google search took me to this thread:

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showth...s-Now-Freeware

(Go there to get the link to D/L the T-28 and many others (again, the link was previously published here).)

I got the T-28 quickly installed and loaded. I was just blown away by how good the T-28 flew and even the VC was reasonably good! The T-28 is a relatively fast airplane and a Viet Nam era pilot I know says the T-28 is a better 'dog fighter' below 12,000' than the P-51.

As a result of this fine experience I have a few questions:

(1) Is there a 'better' VC available for this aircraft?
    (2) What other payware to freeware AS aircraft are recommended?

Thanks all. (Glad I don't have to pay for the gas and oil the T-28 burns!)
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rvn817j View Post
    After reading about it here (and having flown behind a T-28 that proceeded to pull away very quickly), I have been wanting to D/L the AS T-28 (payware to freeware) and finally got the opportunity last evening. Google search took me to this thread:

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showth...s-Now-Freeware

(Go there to get the link to D/L the T-28 and many others (again, the link was previously published here).)

I got the T-28 quickly installed and loaded. I was just blown away by how good the T-28 flew and even the VC was reasonably good! The T-28 is a relatively fast airplane and a Viet Nam era pilot I know says the T-28 is a better 'dog fighter' below 12,000' than the P-51.

As a result of this fine experience I have a few questions:

(1) Is there a 'better' VC available for this aircraft?
    (2) What other payware to freeware AS aircraft are recommended?

Thanks all. (Glad I don't have to pay for the gas and oil the T-28 burns!)
    I'm suriprised to hear a heavy, radial engined trainer could outmaneouver a P-51, but ...

Anyway, yes, the T-28 is a pretty decent little freeware gem. To answer your questions:

1) Not that I know of,
    2) Comparable (in quality terms) AS planes you might enjoy are

AS AH-1W Super Cobra
    AS B-66 Destroyer (ported over into FSX, but still good)
    AS F-101 Voodoo (FS9 in its download form, but there have been a pile of FSX VC and paints released - so it's really good)
    AS F-4 Phantom (FS9 only, but ports over fairly well)

After that, model quality trails off (understandably - they are models that are half a decade old).

AS A-5 Vigilante - I think expat and others have ported that over - haven't tried though

AS also released the F-22 Raptor (FSX?) - no idea on quality, capability - not my cup of tea

I hope that helps ...

dl

ps - here's the whole US listing, sorted in date order ...

http://www.easyfly.co.nz/Freeware/in...ate&dir=%2FUSA

After that, things

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Quote: 'The T-28 is a relatively fast airplane and a Viet Nam era pilot I know says the T-28 is a better 'dog fighter' below 12,000' than the P-51.'

An interesting note- the T-28, FJ-1, and T2J all share the P-51's basic wing, empanage and many flight control componants,the T-28 and FJ1 are direct decendants, and the T2J decended via the FJ1- which also was the progenator of the F-86! NAA certainly recieved rather a lot a mileage out of the 180-day wonder!

I love military trainers of all types. I wish there were more of them being released.... I know about t-45 and it is wonderful. I have the L-39 too....

It's examples like these that make me wish for more!

Don't Forget IRIS T-6 Texan2 and Soon Milviz T-38

Quote Originally Posted by clmooring View Post
    I love military trainers of all types. I wish there were more of them being released.... I know about t-45 and it is wonderful. I have the L-39 too....

It's examples like these that make me wish for more!
    Looking forward to the Milviz T-38. It looks fantastic.

IRIS also has the T-6 Texan2 which is a very nice military training aircraft.

So many aircraft, so little time!
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020