question-"generation of quick combat mission failed!" error

Thread: question-"generation of quick combat mission failed!" error

question-"generation of quick combat mission failed!" error

CD Airfield Buildings Library 4.0

I am installing the files, if I don't put in all the files in the OBJECTS_DP folder, it works.

I will get this error "generation of quick combat mission failed!" when I put in all the dp files.
    I am now putting in a few at a time, it started to get this error when I put in these two files:

09/16/2019 04:29 PM 2,877 CD_Hangar_B1.dp
    09/16/2019 04:29 PM 2,877 CD_Hangar_B1_Green.dp

They look OK to me.

I hope that someone know what I did wrong.

Andrew

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!
    Quote Originally Posted by AcWai View Post
    CD Airfield Buildings Library 4.0

I am installing the files, if I don't put in all the files in the OBJECTS_DP folder, it works.

I will get this error "generation of quick combat mission failed!" when I put in all the dp files.
    I am now putting in a few at a time, it started to get this error when I put in these two files:

09/16/2019 04:29 PM 2,877 CD_Hangar_B1.dp
    09/16/2019 04:29 PM 2,877 CD_Hangar_B1_Green.dp

They look OK to me.

I hope that someone know what I did wrong.

Andrew
    If you put them all in you get the "generation....failed" message, right?

What happens if you put those two back and then remove a handful of other random dps?

Try moving a handful of dps to a on-hold folder- start with a few that don't have any associated cdp files.

Does the "generation....failed" message go away?

The most likely thing is that you have just reached your CFS2 "stuff" limit.

MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Quote Originally Posted by MaskRider View Post
    If you put them all in you get the "generation....failed" message, right?

What happens if you put those two back and then remove a handful of other random dps?

Try moving a handful of dps to a on-hold folder- start with a few that don't have any associated cdp files.

Does the "generation....failed" message go away?

The most likely thing is that you have just reached your CFS2 "stuff" limit.

MR
    Thanks MaskRider,

I deleted a bunch of dp files that starts with ~**** and some I think are useless dp files. I got down to 1603 dp files and I can use all the dp files from the CD Airfield Buildings Library 4.0 without any problems.

I am not too sure whether there is limit to the number of dp files.

Andrew

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    I am not too sure whether there is limit to the number of dp files.
    Hiya Andrew,

I don't think there is any hard and fast limit. But taken all together in conjunction with many other things suchs as AC, dps, ships, gauges(?), etc., etc., there does seem to be some limit beyond which CFS2 just says: "Enough stuff!".

Not only the number of these entries but the cumulative file size of everything plays a role too.

Sometimes you just need to play around with it.

Glad you got it "fixed".

Cheers,
    MR

PS: Just BTW, I am constantly dancing around my CFS2 "Stuff Limit" and needing to adjust the amount of stuff I have loading in CFS2.

My current numbers are:
    AC 99 (I like to maintain this number at the expense of everything else)
    GAU 3160
    DPs 1420 (plus another 410 "on-hold"- mostly weapons and scenery objects one would find in the ETO. 1420 seems to be my current limit given everything else getting loaded up.)
    SHIPS 144 (the way things are right now I can put this up to 156 with no worries, I have recently culled through my ships folder so it isn't up to its normal level and probably won't go up again any time soon.)

Cheers,
    MR
    Last edited by MaskRider; September 20th, 2019 at 15:32.
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Members who have read this thread: 0