4 more Arleigh Burke class

Thread: 4 more Arleigh Burke class

4 more Arleigh Burke class

Hi Chaps,

While taking a look at CSG-7 composition, I found I already had a 4-ship conversion done by Lazarus (available here in the library) but only one of the ships represented DESRON-7 for this period, USS Decatur DDG73. So.. to make up the numbers, I've rehashed the side numbers to make another 4; USS McCampbell DDG85, USS Gridley DDG101, USS Howard DDG83 and USS Benfold DDG65.

If anyone would like them, you can get them HERE

Full credit to the original author and to Lazarus for the conversion. All I've done is lob a little grey paint around the bow and added some new numbers.
    ATB
    DaveB

You're welcome Brian

Just a quick cut'n'shut but I like (whenever possible) to have the correct ships in the correct place. On reflection, I should have put it all together in a more economic way (using only texture folders) but decided to keep the format Lazarus had used
    ATB
    DaveB

Here's another 4 for the same model which will complete Desron-23 for CSG-11 Nimitz Group

Available HERE

This set adds USS Russell - DDG59, USS Preble - DDG88, USS Halsey - DDG97 and USS Sampson - DDG102.
    ATB
    DaveB

its a good thing im dyslexic

nice work, its a shame i cant upload the original image (all 15mb) anyway same same but different with a few rust streaks

I cant remember where are my pics of the USS Michael Murphy in alongside in Pearl

And Dave I dont want you to get homesick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0148.jpg   IMG_0153.jpg  

Thanks for that Matt Yup.. the models would look a shed load better with photo textures but they're ok to fill the gaps. Whoever made the original model knew how to make smoothing groups so no jaggy bits and the paints look equally well on the lit and shaded sides. As it happens.. Oscar Austin is included in this lot:

Desron-26

Available HERE
    This comprises:
    USS Nitze DDG94
    USS Mason DDG87
    USS Oscar Austin DDG79
    USS McFaul DDG74
    USS Stout DDG55
    USS Barry DDG52

These will compliment CSG-10/USS Eisenhower.
    This set was produced to fit the last one for Desron-23 (DDG Arleigh Burke Class) and contains textures for the 6 ships above plus a sim.cfg entry to add to the existing one.
    ATB
    DaveB

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Those flight one Burke's are by the incomparable Al Webber. Years back, they were in a freeware suez canal scenery package. Waterline models, but lovely modelling, very clean and simple models that capture the ships lines and render wicked fast.
    If one is using MCX to pop cfs2/fs9 into FSX, or compiling other formats in MCX, there is a setting in the exporter options to retain poly smoothing at export to MDL X.

Yup.. they're good models aren't they. Detailed enough to be interesting and very well optimised. There are a few very small light green areas which I could probably get rid of with MDLMat but the object of the exercise was simply to add a few more non-generic hulls. I'll try and remember the 'retain smoothing' option
    ATB
    DaveB

Huge thanks from someone that's landed on a few of these back in my USN days!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

You're very welcome V103

I only ever use Nimitz, Ike and recently Ronald Reagan so I've only done the side numbers for their support units. There would have been more but I checked back on the site linked on this thread with a view to downloading a couple more and it's gone dead. I'm not a Facebook person and I guess FB links are time limited.

Glad you're enjoying the variety anyway
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    You're very welcome V103

I only ever use Nimitz, Ike and recently Ronald Reagan so I've only done the side numbers for their support units. There would have been more but I checked back on the site linked on this thread with a view to downloading a couple more and it's gone dead. I'm not a Facebook person and I guess FB links are time limited.

Glad you're enjoying the variety anyway
    ATB
    DaveB
    Maybe somebody that knows the author of that FB site,can let him know to update the links,I don't have an account on FB either,LOL,but,I would sure like to download those addons.

Hello mate,

It pains me to say it but I'm pretty certain the page has been pulled and not expired. I downloaded Gerald Ford as I was curious to see what it looks like (not seen any pics of the real one yet) and noticed the effects were from a payware company. I didn't install them in case I didn't like the model (good job as I didn't!!).

I've checked the Reagan and can't see anything amiss in that thank goodness. A darned shame but I can appreciate how the other side feel.
    ATB
    DaveB

Members who have read this thread: 1