Tracking Ground Targets & Bombing

Thread: Tracking Ground Targets & Bombing

Tracking Ground Targets & Bombing

To All,

I was wondering if there is a way to select and cycle through ground targets (with the use of the yellow brackets) much like you do while in air combat?

Additionally, is there a reason why they do not appear on the radar? (Can this setting be modified)

Finally, I am absolutely horrible at ground pounding in this game (using bombs) and was wondering are there any words of wisdom (I did well in IL-2 but cannot seem to do the same in CFS2).

Thank you in advance.

DATAMAN

Bring up your data display, then hit the "T" key. The changing letter displayed in the left upper corner will show "no letter", "G"=Ground, "V"= vehicles, "S" = ships. When in the particular display pick what your bracket will surround and on the main screen should be a title of what it is.:salute:

As to mud moving, it is like going to Carnegie Hall in NY. "Practice, Practice, Practice". Suggestion is take some of the bombing lessons in the "Training" module.

It may be a simple case of a slight difference in the bomb delivery and gravitational physics of the two sims. After all, their code was written by two entirely different teams with different approaches to applied physics.

Whether glide-bombing or dive-bombing, the natural instinct is the pull back on the controls immediately after releasing the ordnance. Resist the urge and hold your angle of attack on the target for a minimum of two seconds after release. In CFS2, this causes the ordnance to stay on the same flight path as the player longer before gravity begins to affect the trajectory of the ordnance. This produces better results. Perhaps due to the way the sim engine correlates the players flight path to that of the separating ordnance, if you pull out too quickly after release, the bombs tend to land long of the target. So just try keeping the target in the "sweet spot" of your sight longer.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Then there is the "bomb trainer" cheat...

Paste this onto the top of your CFS2.cfg file and change the 0 to a 1

[CHEATS]
    bomb_trainer=0
    free_warp=0
    ALLOW_SLEW=0
    damagemsgs=0

Lead the multicolored star to your target and release.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Thank you all so very much!

Practice does make perfect so that is what I need to do.

I appreciate all of the help!

SW;

I was going to mention that bomb trainer but decided not to. I had installed it and used it for awhile then for other reasons was away from the game for awhile. When I restarted, the trainer drove me nuts! I forgot I had installedit and what it was. Also nobody else seemed to remeber what caused those likes!!
    I was going bonkers over it till I found a old note to myself about it being installed.
    Moral, if you install it, make a prominent note to yourself so that you know what it is and how to get rid of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Fibber View Post
    I was going to mention that bomb trainer but decided not to. I had installed it and used it for awhile then for other reasons was away from the game for awhile. When I restarted, the trainer drove me nuts! I forgot I had installedit and what it was. Also nobody else seemed to remeber what caused those likes!!
    I was going bonkers over it till I found a old note to myself about it being installed.
    Moral, if you install it, make a prominent note to yourself so that you know what it is and how to get rid of it!
    There is a program that adds a menu to CFS2 from where you can toggle the settings of cheats, even during a flight. Itīs called CFO_Weather by Martin Wright: http://www.mwgfx.co.uk/Cfsops/Module...Weather_75.htm

Cheers, Discus

Quote Originally Posted by Discus View Post
    There is a program that adds a menu to CFS2 from where you can toggle the settings of cheats, even during a flight. Itīs called CFO_Weather by Martin Wright: http://www.mwgfx.co.uk/Cfsops/Module...Weather_75.htm

Cheers, Discus
    Bingo! a very usefull utility indeed!
    "De Oppresso Liber"

As Homer would say;

DOH!!!!!!!!! have that also and forgot it does that!!!:salute: (That is not a salute but me slapping my head!)

This is a salute :salute:

I play IL-2 1946 also and never had a problem hitting ground targets with it or CFS2.I don't use any of the cheats either. I just always had a knack for bombing,dive bombing was always easiest for me. I also like to glide bomb with the B-25.

I haven't mastered the skipbombing in IL-2 yet but working on it.

Talon

Fibber,

You mentioned the following:

"Bring up your data display, then hit the "T" key. The changing letter displayed in the left upper corner will show "no letter", "G"=Ground, "V"= vehicles, "S" = ships. When in the particular display pick what your bracket will surround and on the main screen should be a title of what it is.:salute:"

I have changed extensively my keyboard commands and wanted to ask you this.

Under 'Toggle Tactical Display', I have it assigfned as 'R' (for radar), I am unable to get it to chnage to other objects .... Hitting 'R' simply turns it on or off.

What is the name of the command that allows me to assign a value to cycle through the various objects?

Thanks!

You should set it back to the default settings,R is for the command to rejoin and also shift+R turns the radio on and off.

Tactical display should be shift+T to turn it on and turn it off.After it is turned on just hit T to cycle through it.

Thank you Talon ..... But I do find my current assignments more comfortable and at times it is hard for an old dog to learn a new trick.

If I could just figure out what that command is in the assignment section I should be able to re-assign a key to it.

Worse case scenario, I can revert back to find it I guess but will wait to see if someone might know the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataman View Post
    Thank you Talon ..... But I do find my current assignments more comfortable and at times it is hard for an old dog to learn a new trick.

If I could just figure out what that command is in the assignment section I should be able to re-assign a key to it.

Worse case scenario, I can revert back to find it I guess but will wait to see if someone might know the answer.
    You can go into Settings/Controller Assignments and set it to whatever you like! Look for "Toggle Tactical Display."
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Thank you Shadow Wolf!

Currently, that is what I have assigned as "R".

With that, if I use "R" on the keyboard I can turn it on or off, but I am unable to cycle through the different objects.

I can see aerial targets, but not sea or land.

Any ideas as to what command that might be?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataman View Post
    Thank you Shadow Wolf!

Currently, that is what I have assigned as "R".

With that, if I use "R" on the keyboard I can turn it on or off, but I am unable to cycle through the different objects.

I can see aerial targets, but not sea or land.

Any ideas as to what command that might be?

Thanks.
    Yup... I have mine set to a joystick button = "Select next tactical display mode" :salute:
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Abosulety awesome!!!

Thank you very kindly!