B-52 61-002

Thread: B-52 61-002

B-52 61-002

I thought I'd do something relatively simple, a B-52, and one without a name too:

but with some noseart!

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Charter Member 2012
    Excellent choice

61-0002 'The Eagles Wrath III ' 2nd Operations group Flagship ... Cool <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Have you DL'd the new version yet? It fixes a few things, but my favorite is being able to see the wings and four engines when looking out the side window, now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bone View Post
    Have you DL'd the new version yet? It fixes a few things, but my favorite is being able to see the wings and four engines when looking out the side window, now.
    Bone you wicked bugger ... Thanks for the HU .. was across at Captain Sims this morning getting the 1.0 completed 737 and never bothered to check for B-52 updates .. Cheers <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Bone you wicked bugger ... .. Cheers <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input id="jsProxy" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" type="hidden" jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()">
    Wicked, sometimes. Bugger, never, but I can be an @-hole when need be. Lol.

this is captain sim's buff?......im sure tempted....ive seen the B52s often over the years ...my dad used to take me to Mather AFB and we would watch them take off and land..nope dont remember the years...but i remember them crabbing up into the sky,black smoke trailing from the engines...

Blog Entries
    Have they fixed the flight dynamics?

Regards
    Ian.

Charter Member 2015

Thanks for the HU..I missed that update too.

@ Ian... there's a landing/takeoff mod here http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...landing-mod%29
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Blog Entries
    Thanks Kilo Delta,
    I did have that mod, but lost it due to a hard drive failure, and now the link to the file doesn't work. I was wondering if Captain Sim had sorted the flight dynamics, because they were quite awful originally. Looking forward to Jan's paint!

Regards,
    Ian.

new version? I'll have to check that.
    So you liked 61-002.
    How about 61-013 High Tension III?

and does anyone know if the noseart is on the other side as well?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Only photos i have show her when she was assigned from Minot AFB to Barksdale AFB on 5 June 1995 , no nose art on it then but the aircraft in August 31 1996 had only accumulated 15,350. flight hour ... i consider that as very low .
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Only photos i have show her when she was assigned from Minot AFB to Barksdale AFB on 5 June 1995 , no nose art on it then but the aircraft in August 31 1996 had only accumulated 15,350. flight hour ... i consider that as very low .
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input id="jsProxy" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" type="hidden" jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input id="jsProxy" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" type="hidden">
    Factor in the time that each B-52 sat on the alert pad all ready to go to nuclear war with the Soviets. A bomber could spend months assigned to the alert facility every year, before being rotated out to the line where it could actually be flown on training missions.

Thank Bone , guess the hours dated since 1996 possibly have surpassed the 30.000
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Thank Bone , guess the hours dated since 1996 possibly have surpassed the 30.000
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input id="jsProxy" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" type="hidden" jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()">

Well, possibly, but I doubt it's flown 16,000 in the last 16 years. While there are times when the ops tempo is very high and BUFF's will fly alot, the rest of the time it's quite low. The maintenance man hours to flight hours would be ungodly if BUFF's flew 1000 per year.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    "Factor in the time that each B-52 sat on the alert pad all ready to go to nuclear war with the Soviets. A bomber could spend months assigned to the alert facility every year, before being rotated out to the line where it could actually be flown on training missions."

As I recall, my plane would go on alert for 30 days at a time, usually every 3-4 months or so. After the 30 days we would download the nukes and fly off the pad on a training mission. We would then be in the rotation for other missions.

Quote Originally Posted by b52bob View Post
    "Factor in the time that each B-52 sat on the alert pad all ready to go to nuclear war with the Soviets. A bomber could spend months assigned to the alert facility every year, before being rotated out to the line where it could actually be flown on training missions."

As I recall, my plane would go on alert for 30 days at a time, usually every 3-4 months or so. After the 30 days we would download the nukes and fly off the pad on a training mission. We would then be in the rotation for other missions.
    Thirty days of alert every 3 months would be 4 months on alert status for the year, and thirty days every four months would be 3 months of alert status for the year. We'll take the average and call it 3.5 months of alert status per year. That sounds about right, thanks.

What would you say the maintenance man hours to flight hours were? I'm sure they're higher now, but I'd be interested to know what it was during your tenure.

A couple of years ago when I was working in the NW Louisiana area I found the perfect spot to park just outside the perimeter fence of Barksdale AFB right in line with the approach path to RWY 15 and I would watch those B-52's fly just a couple of hundred feet over my head on short final as they did their training flights - around and around the pattern over and over. Sometimes there were two in the pattern simultaneously. They would get about 50 or 100 feet above the Rwy and go to TOGA thrust and go around the pattern again.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Thirty days of alert every 3 months would be 4 months on alert status for the year, and thirty days every four months would be 3 months of alert status for the year. We'll take the average and call it 3.5 months of alert status per year. That sounds about right, thanks.

What would you say the maintenance man hours to flight hours were? I'm sure they're higher now, but I'd be interested to know what it was during your tenure.
    Most flights were from 8-10 hours. i would say the average write ups were around 10-13 per flight. These were mostly bomb-nav things. BTW, these were G models and only 1-2 yrs old. I also worked d,e and f models which were less prone to things going wrong electronically. Post flight checks, new drag chute and refueling took about 2-3 hours and then the rest were standing fire guard for AMS to do it's thing. i remember some really hard to find things (loose wires, etc.) could take up to 2 days to find and fix.

This was in the early to mid sixties and one of the funniest things i saw was when I sent someone to preflight the fuse. The wheel wells were really neat at night because of all the different colored lights from inverters, etc. When he hadn't returned in 1/2 hour I met him in the wheel well and said "well, how does it look". He said "groovy". We had him transfered to support.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by b52bob View Post
    This was in the early to mid sixties and one of the funniest things i saw was when I sent someone to preflight the fuse. The wheel wells were really neat at night because of all the different colored lights from inverters, etc. When he hadn't returned in 1/2 hour I met him in the wheel well and said "well, how does it look". He said "groovy". We had him transfered to support.
    Being a 1962 model myself , missed those " groovy" times ...I love that little story , fell off seat laughing my head off <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

'groovy', great story!

The paints are now on Ozx:

61-002

61-013

as ever, if you like them, post a screenshot, that's all I ask.

Blog Entries
    Many thanks Jan, I've been looking forward to those.

Regards,
    Ian.

Members who have read this thread: 0