AMX-1A Ghibli - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AMX-1A Ghibli

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Pre-Dawn launch from Rimini AB enroute to NAS Sigonella. I landed at Decimomannu Air Base (LIED) to stretch my legs, get some coffee and check in with Ops. This screenshot was taken on final to Decimomannu.

Ghibli On Final by Ed Wells, on Flickr
    Nice screenshot!
    The more you do, the less you dream

Good morning all,

-Why can't I get the same gps display on the dashboard and on the window when I select a function?
    Is there a solution?

Thank you for your help!

Alain

-

Im guessing the panel in your cockpit is a more accurate representation of how it looks in the real aircraft, and the pop up GPS panel is a more generic M$ panel, there probably isnt a "fix"

Hello Ian,

Thank you for your reply!
    Too bad however!

Alain
    -

Quote Originally Posted by alain0568 View Post
    Good morning all,

-Why can't I get the same gps display on the dashboard and on the window when I select a function?
    Is there a solution?

Thank you for your help!
    Alain
    -
    Sorry, but I don't see a problem really. The pop up is showing the same terrain/map display as you see in the VC. All the function button (on the map) appear to be there. If you're asking why the bezel isn't showing as well. . .that's eye candy, and none of the buttons are functional. . .no reason to show that.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Hello Falcon409,

I don't understand your remark!
    What I am asking is however simple !!
    I do not have the same display on the 2 gps, as soon as I select a key on one, it does not affect the other window, voila, that's it!
    Other GPS (carenado for example) work in concert, on the panel and on a separate window! (Shift + X)
    It may be impossible in this case!
    But maybe Ian's answer is suitable!
    cordially.

Alain

Looks like the range is different between the 2 GPS. Changing the range setting on one does not affect the other.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by alain0568 View Post
    Hello Falcon409,

I don't understand your remark!
    What I am asking is however simple !!
    I do not have the same display on the 2 gps, as soon as I select a key on one, it does not affect the other window, voila, that's it!
    Other GPS (carenado for example) work in concert, on the panel and on a separate window! (Shift + X)
    It may be impossible in this case!
    But maybe Ian's answer is suitable!
    cordially.

Alain
    Alain,

My answer was fine based on the information you offered. When you post an image and say simply that you can't get the same image on both. . .it doesn't explain what you're actually wanting to know which is "When I select a key on one it doesn't affect the other". . .also "other GPS's" don't always work as you expected this one to. The only time that works is if the VC GPS display has a "Pop Up" function attached to it. When you hover over a GPS and the "hand" icon is displayed then you can get a pop up of the VC GPS, and in that scenario, what you do on the pop up will affect the final display in the VC.

On the AMX, that is not the case. The Pop Up, when selected from the drop down menu is a separate function that does not affect the VC and is usually one that people will "undock" and move either to a separate monitor or leave in the main window, albeit reduced in size.

Current System Specs:

Hello Falcon409,

I did not express myself well on my first request !!
    But now I have the answer!
    No solution however!
    Have a good day

Alain
    -

there is a small problem with the additional liveries which easy fixable

sim=Lago_AMX_P3D

need to be changed to

sim=AMX_P3D

otherwise they can't be loaded in sim!!

Quote Originally Posted by Txmmy83 View Post
    there is a small problem with the additional liveries which easy fixable

sim=Lago_AMX_P3D

need to be changed to

sim=AMX_P3D

otherwise they can't be loaded in sim!!
    When did you download this? I made that change and uploaded a new zip file to replace the original.

Current System Specs:

When did you download this? I made that change and uploaded a new zip file to replace the original.
    downloaded on 10.12.2019

I love this jet! Beautiful to look at and fly and great additional liveries too. My only problem is with the Configuration Manager. I can'y get any stores to load. I can toggle the pilot on and off as well as the chocks but cannot load the stations. Am I missing something? Thanks again for a great upgrade.

Did you correctly install XMLTools (and is it the correct version for your sim - 32bit or 64bit) ? Read the PDF document that comes with the download for details.

Quote Originally Posted by mmurphy77 View Post
    I love this jet! Beautiful to look at and fly and great additional liveries too. My only problem is with the Configuration Manager. I can'y get any stores to load. I can toggle the pilot on and off as well as the chocks but cannot load the stations. Am I missing something? Thanks again for a great upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    Did you correctly install XMLTools (and is it the correct version for your sim - 32bit or 64bit) ? Read the PDF document that comes with the download for details.
    I just installed it as I would any other aircraft (the correct version). Did I have to install something extra for XMLTools? I didn't see anything mentioned in the 'Read Me' files.

Quote Originally Posted by mmurphy77 View Post
    I just installed it as I would any other aircraft (the correct version). Did I have to install something extra for XMLTools? I didn't see anything mentioned in the 'Read Me' files.
    It is not in the readme file, you need to open AMX-1A conversion notes.pdf - page 1 (Installation FSX Acceleration or Installation P3Dv4).

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    It is not in the readme file, you need to open AMX-1A conversion notes.pdf - page 1 (Installation FSX Acceleration or Installation P3Dv4).
    Got it! Thank you.

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

Request AMX-1 Ghibli repaint

Hi Priller

I´ve seen your nice shots of the"Ghibli" here on SOH. In particular the shot below shows a fine used/weathered "32-02" which I like to use on my FSX if possible. Do you know where I can download the texture files? I´ve searched on SOH, AVSIM and SIMVIATION without success...

Thank you for your response in advance.

RS

I think I got it on flightsim.com for the FS2004 version. I then converted the textures to dds format.

I'll have a look and will try to get you a link!

Priller

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post

Hi Priller

yeah...downloaded...thank you for your quick help...(I thought it has been a shot of a new painting for FSX/P3D...)

Many greetings

RS

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

Viva la Italia...

Freshly painted in DDS texture format really a nice italian bird...

Thanks to all the guys who have made it flying...

RS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-2-1_15-27-59-929.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    ...(I thought it has been a shot of a new painting for FSX/P3D...)
    Many greetings
    RS
    No, sadly no one has taken an interest in the AMX enough to produce any liveries.

Current System Specs:

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

Perhaps...

No, sadly no one has taken an interest in the AMX enough to produce any liveries.

Hi falcon409

Perhaps somebody will make repaints in the near future. In any case some good repaints for transforming to FSX Format are available today as shown

You must take in account that this bird is in use only in two countries (Italy and Brazil as far as I know)... That means possible, different layouts for paintings are limited by comparison with - for example - US Navy aircrafts with their infinite colorful variants...

However I´am happy to have one more nice bird in my collection...

RS

Members who have read this thread: 5