Virtavia AJ-2 Savage is out! - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Virtavia AJ-2 Savage is out!

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Awesome work Cees!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Thanks Ferry! But a large part is done by gman.....

Cees

Need some feedback on these two repaints. Who's willing to give me that?

What you see is largely gman's work, that is the bump files and the riveting, panellines etc. If you want to take a look yourself drop me a pm

Cees

Blog Entries

Just tell me what you are trying to end up with!

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    Need some feedback on these two repaints. Who's willing to give me that?

Cees
    Be more than glad to help... The word "feedback" is a bit too vague... they look nice.. but can be improved.. HOW?
    well, it depends on what you want them to look like in the end...
    Also, need to know what you are using as a paint program... etc. (i.e.: if you use a junk program... you are very limited in options... if you use PHOTOSHOP or PSP (x8).. possibilities are vastly improved...)
    You've seem what I can do with PSP before... there is as much input in talent as there is in the program used... one can't do witout the other....
    To start with.. you need to be able to manipulate layer properties... and the ability to do it both by the program and your inventiveness...

Cheers,
    G.

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    Be more than glad to help... The word "feedback" is a bit too vague... they look nice.. but can be improved.. HOW?
    well, it depends on what you want them to look like in the end...
    Also, need to know what you are using as a paint program... etc. (i.e.: if you use a junk program... you are very limited in options... if you use PHOTOSHOP or PSP (x8).. possibilities are vastly improved...)
    You've seem what I can do with PSP before... there is as much input in talent as there is in the program used... one can't do witout the other....
    To start with.. you need to be able to manipulate layer properties... and the ability to do it both by the program and your inventiveness...

Cheers,
    G.
    I can do all that Carlos, I just want to know if I used too much shine or made the rivets too articulate. That kind of stuff! People who have the plane can get a download link to see if they like it or tell me what they want to have changed.

Cees

No doubt you have seen this photo before but it still serves as a good model for aluminum paints. As you can see it's fairly dull, with a smooth texture and no visible rivets.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AJ ALUMINUM.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	35512

Just out of curiosity, has anyone done the civilian firetanker paint for the Savage? Or is one already included in the package? I don't have it yet, but all these paints are tempting me.

http://img.wp.scn.ru/camms/ar/1552/pics/3_o_1.jpg

Thanks!
    -Mark

No is not done yet! Nice challenge.....

Cees

Hi Cees,

Do you have any status on the Savage repaints that you were working on?

Best regards,

Bill

Been taking a break. You're the first to ask, think there's not that much interest. Doing other things......like flying!

Cees

I understand completely how that goes.

We're all interested. We're just not bugging you every other day. From my own experience that gets old after the second one.

But seeing how you seem to be the keeper of ********'s improved bump maps with rivets and such,
    maybe you could upload something that included them so we could drop them in the shared folder and enjoy them also?

Been taking a break. You're the first to ask, think there's not that much interest. Doing other things......like flying!

Cees

That's okay Frank! But the bumps gman made are not really compatible with the original lines. So the bumps must be placed in the repaint folders so these don't affect the original repaints. These bumps were included in the files I offered to beta test.
    Furhermore my enthousiasm dried up a bit after the mentioning of legal issues with the reworking of the original repaints.

Here are the mentioned files.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5kbntrkpns...aints.zip?dl=0

Cees
    Last edited by Cees Donker; March 14th, 2016 at 00:51.

Yes, I see. I gets complicated. Thank you for the link.

That's okay Frank! But the bumps gman made are not really compatible with the original lines. So the bumps must be placed in the repaint folders so these don't affect the original repaints. These bumps were included in the files I offered to beta test.
    Furhermore my enthousiasm dried up a bit after the mentioning of legal issues with the reworking of the original repaints.

Here are the mentioned files.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5kbntrkpns...aints.zip?dl=0

Cees

Still a long way to go......

Cees

That looks fantastic, Cees! Thanks so much for even attempting that paint. Now I'll have to pick up the Savage, for sure.
    -Mark

....think there's not that much interest.....
    We are just not nagging you, that's all.....we are very much interested.

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

I didn't know these were used as fire bombers. That's a very cool paint scheme.

This is the type of thing I love about SOH, members from all over the world who get together and create additions and modifications to a relatively obscure aircraft and put so much effort into the whole process ! Mike

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    I understand completely how that goes.

We're all interested. We're just not bugging you every other day. From my own experience that gets old after the second one.

But seeing how you seem to be the keeper of ********'s improved bump maps with rivets and such,
    maybe you could upload something that included them so we could drop them in the shared folder and enjoy them also?
    I'm still watching the thread...been down the rabbit hole with P3D 3.2, related software, the F7F Fire Bomber and a certain C-47.
    I can make the AJ-2 rivet/panel and bump files available for everyone. I'll post those up here, along with the skins I did put together.

Cees, PM me if you have any special requests. Anyone else, feel free to do the same.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Good morning! Thanks for your support and work Gordon!

A question for all the effects and gauge guru's. How difficult is it to turn this lady into a water bomber? Is there a gauge or effect that has to be added? Would be nice with this most recent skin.

Cees
    Last edited by Cees Donker; March 15th, 2016 at 21:09.

Blog Entries
    To do it right Cees, the actual model would need to be coded by the developer for the water bomber application to work with either a menu or hot keys.

An alternative is FireFighterX, which will turn any airplane into a fire bomber and has some really nice effects.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

I didn't mention it in the previous post but the bumps and specular files of the water bomber are done by Gordon, as are the lines and the rivets.

Cees

And they look very nice indeed! Hat's off to you both.

I didn't mention it in the previous post but the bumps and specular files of the water bomber are done by Gordon, as are the lines and the rivets.

Cees

Cees
    From experience nothing irks a commercial painted more than someone altering their textures. Plus the legal aspect of how Phil broke up the set for Steam and DLC. But we already discussed that.

However, easy solution there, don't repaint the original subjects. Find an image with a different tail number or tail code and do that one. That's kind of the whole point of third party repaints -- new stuff.
    There were plenty of overall blue and gray/white Savages out there -- you've done several. If anything take all the comments posted in this thread and apply them, along with
    Gordon's bump and spec maps, use the white gear bays textures where applicable, and update your earlier work. I'll be first in line to download.

Members who have read this thread: 0