Aeroplaneheaven Helldiver Released! - Page 7
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Aeroplaneheaven Helldiver Released!

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Not sure why you're not getting the rear guns to flash.
    Nice to see the picture of your shows the gunners flashing guns. I loaded it on P3D V3.4 now I also installed it to a dummy folder and copied all the effects to the effects folder and like wise for
    the texture folder. Launched P3d and no difference. It's not working for me as advertised. Now, is there a plan B?
    In my picture I am sure it is all set up so that the rear guns fire, no workee. Hummmmm.......

Rear Guns not firing

I installed this SB2C on P3D V3.4; is anyone else experiencing the rear guns not firing/flashing?

I also cannot get the rear guns to swivel around either. Seems to be stationary in the rear position and guns aimed at the upper section of the tail.

EDIT: I just applied AH_SB2C_P3D_hotfix.exe and that did not fix the issue either. sigh......

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Nice to see the picture of your shows the gunners flashing guns. I loaded it on P3D V3.4 now I also installed it to a dummy folder and copied all the effects to the effects folder and like wise for
    the texture folder. Launched P3d and no difference. It's not working for me as advertised. Now, is there a plan B?
    In my picture I am sure it is all set up so that the rear guns fire, no workee. Hummmmm.......
    Happy to help still awaiting an email to help@aeroplaneheaven.com . Have checked my spam and junk folders but no email. Have you sent one yet ? Also posting in the P3d subforum might garner some extra help as the users there are more knowledgeable about that simulator, than fellows on an fsx subforum.

The HotFix was for the flaps and glass issue. The guns fire perfectly in P3DV3.4 as this pic shows. This is the same model that you have. A note to the help desk always helps that is what we are here for. The guns are not currently designed to swivel. However they do in the forthcoming SP.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gunflashP3d.jpg  

The HotFix was for the flaps and glass issue. The guns fire perfectly in P3DV3.4 as this pic shows. This is the same model that you have. A note to the help desk always helps that is what we are here for. The guns are not currently designed to swivel. However they do in the forthcoming SP.
    I see flashes in the rear gun, was the wing guns firing also at the same time?

[QUOTE=bazzar;1078397 A note to the help desk always helps that is what we are here for. [/QUOTE]

I just went to your site and the contact/questions links don't work for me either, Think I will just call it a day and play this "game" tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I see flashes in the rear gun, was the wing guns firing also at the same time?
    I just used the pause key. Sometimes when you use pause you don't get all the effects at the same time.

Bazz...YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!

Good afternoon Panther, I trust you are well?

Good afternoon Panther, I trust you are well?
    Of course!
    Always good to hear from you!!

Quote Originally Posted by pilto von pilto View Post
    Happy to help still awaiting an email to help@aeroplaneheaven.com . Have checked my spam and junk folders but no email. Have you sent one yet ? Also posting in the P3d subforum might garner some extra help as the users there are more knowledgeable about that simulator, than fellows on an fsx subforum.
    I've sent you a PM and an Email.
    Last edited by gray eagle; April 19th, 2017 at 08:20.

I just uploaded my last paint for now, aircraft 18-B-14 of VB-18, based on USS Leyte in 1946, for our friend Helldiver.
    I wasn't sure when he served on USS Leyte exactly, but the only pics I could find were of the first paintscheme they carried on Leyte ( they changed to 300 numbers in 1947), so I went for this one, I hope that's OK? I kept her cleaner than the previous ones, I seem to remember Helldiver mentioning clean aircraft during his days.

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Just put her down on the USS Leyte. Thank you Jan Kees!

Cees

Uh, oh. Got a problem. Not sure if my install got corrupted or something else is going on.

I've been flying and enjoying the Helldiver since its release. I just now decided to display the rockets. Nothing happened. No rockets are displayed.

I can display the bombs or the external tanks. However, when I decide to "un-display" or turn them off, they will not disappear.

Anyone having similar issues? Should I reinstall?
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

To get the rockets to show you need to have the -4 as the -3 didn't have rocket stubs. I did have the same problem with the bombs hiding after being displayed on the -3 though. (Maybe you have to manually drop them and then reload?) BTW, for anyone who is less than happy with the sound, I recommend swapping the sound from Uncle Milty's Harpoon. It seems to do the trick! We'll see what the C-46 sounds like, maybe its sounds will migrate to the Helldiver. (I'm always tweaking sounds! The FSX Native F-80 get VS F9F soundset and such!)
    Last edited by Josh Patterson; April 19th, 2017 at 15:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    To get the rockets to show you need to have the -4 as the -3 didn't have rocket stubs. I did have the same problem with the bombs hiding after being displayed on the -3 though. (Maybe you have to manually drop them and then reload?) BTW, for anyone who is less than happy with the sound, I recommend swapping the sound from Uncle Milty's Harpoon. It seems to do the trick! We'll see what the C-46 sounds like, maybe it's sounds will migrate to the Helldiver. (I'm always tweaking sounds! The FSX Native F-80 get VS F9F soundset and such!)
    Ah. I think I see what happened. I loaded Jankees latest repaint. It's listed as a -4, but the model is a -3.
    -- WH

Service Pack is now uploaded, owners will be notified when their vendor has it ready for download. Features of the SP are:

1) Rear canopy opens with Shift/E+2
    2) Turtledeck and guns operate using a keystroke combination of your choice for "WaterBallast"
    3) The rear gunner will swivel and man the guns using Shift/E+3
    4) The Autopilot is now fitted with Altitude, Heading and NAV hold switches using existing knobs
    5) The Fuel selector has improved logic.
    6) Rear guns swivel to the right of the fin and rudder.
    7) Extra incidental sounds have been added to the soundpack
    8) The gunsight is now collimated.

Various bug fixes and amendments have also been made, namely:

Various mapping adjustments for textures
    Texture amendments
    Panel lines added to main fuselage tile in the Paintkit
    Missing wing root replaced in VC view
    Various erroneous switch labels removed or corrected.
    Numerous detail fixes in and around the cockpits.

As a result of the above, a complete re-install will be necessary to take advantage of all the changes.

**** PLEASE NOTE ****
    If you have made changes to any of the files, back up those changes before running the installer.

Also, HotFix is incorporated so you don't need to download that.

New purchasers will have the above incorporated in their package anyway.
    And yes, the paintkit now has panel lines for the forward fuselage areas.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Ah. I think I see what happened. I loaded Jankees latest repaint. It's listed as a -4, but the model is a -3.
    Sorry about that, the -4 has a prop spinner, and the -3 has not, and since the last paint was meant to be -5 without spinner...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Sorry about that, the -4 has a prop spinner, and the -3 has not, and since the last paint was meant to be -5 without spinner...
    Ah, ha. One more reason to ask Baz for a -5 down the road.
    -- WH

Service Pack is now uploaded, owners will be notified when their vendor has it ready for download. Features of the SP are:

1) Rear canopy opens with Shift/E+2
    Thanks for doing that. And the rest of it, of course, but the separate canopy opening particularly.

You are welcome Paul.

Icon17

Ok boys... I run the help desk. Some of the people on this forum and others are having trouble with online purchases. In particular updates and upgrades. ( and yes I will add this post to the FAQ's ). If you are interested if an upgrade/update is free or if you're going to receive a notification of the upgrade then please read on. If not then I am sure it is beer o'clock somewhere in the world

For those that dont like reading look at the TL;DR.

- If you buy from a store ( AH or others ) then your order is processed and you are in the database as a customer .
    - If you used a legitimate or real email address then this email address is used along with your name to recognise you as a purchaser.
    - When/if we (AH) release an update/upgrade or discount for previous purchasers then we upload the files to our vendors and our store.
    - The vendors are notified at THE SAME TIME as the customers of AH. Which is immediately the file is safely stored and tested for corruption.
    - For you to receive notifications of your free update ( emails from AH have a big fat green download button in the actual email !! ) you need to allow the stores (AH or others ) emails to get through any anti-spam/junk filters.
    - If you hear about an upgrade through facebook or other means and think you havent been notified ( especially those AH customers who are notified immediately ) please check your junk email folders.

You wont ever be required to pay for updates/patches or service packs from AH ( see the b17 G for example ). Please dont buy another product then ask for a refund afterwards. It actually costs us to refund a product. Not a lot but it can be significant if it happens enough times.

TL;DR
    Dont rebuy a product and ask for a refund afterwards to get an upgrade. Your information can be resent and actually was sent. Check your email spam/junk folders. Our FAq has most of this info and it will be added to in a moment. Drink beer.

I've noticed a bug on the front page of AH. So that is what I am fixing ( hopefully ).

Thanks for the reg change on the FAA paint Baz

Oops.. one thing though. The trim tab on the RH elevator is the underside colour on top and the top side colour underneath. Were you expecting no one to fly the FAA paint??

ATB
    DaveB

8) The gunsight is now collimated.
    Wow Baz, BIG Thank You for this!
    I appreciate it very much. Thank You!
    Im waiting to see this update in PCAviator now.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Err.. is it just me or is there no glass in the SP version?

Running FSXA DX9

ATB
    DaveB

Members who have read this thread: 0