DoughBree L-39C (FSX) - Page 11
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: DoughBree L-39C (FSX)

Of course....when you have a look at it...the Bunny isn't exactly the Playboy one....ears are different....

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Of course....when you have a look at it...the Bunny isn't exactly the Playboy one....ears are different....
    Probably to avoid legal trouble with The Hef?

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Probably to avoid legal trouble with The Hef?
    Kinda hoping it was just a change of the ear positioning to suit the tailplane better...

Probably should do the wings too....

That's a bit better...
    Now if I can work out the pilot/owner names I'll add 'em too...
    ...and whether or not that chevron stripe continues on the underside...can't find a U/S shot as yet.

Charter Member 2016
    A potentially colossally stupid question: is there any chance of getting this improved and bug fixed version ported back to FS9?
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

This one's done...and whilst SOH was offline I've been busy revising my paintkit/graphics... though it's still way to big to upload yet....about 800 meg ...
    Found all the pilot/owner/ground crew names...

Here's another real one...on the go...

Now if I can work out the pilot/owner names I'll add 'em too...
    Fictituous or - better - punny names are

Quote Originally Posted by EMatheson View Post
    A potentially colossally stupid question: is there any chance of getting this improved and bug fixed version ported back to FS9?
    That's a valid question.

Yes, it's possible to port all this back to FS9 with a bit of effort. Change the formatting of some gauges back to FS9, convert all the textures back into FS9 supported formats and convert the model back into a FS9 compatible format. As with a FS9 -> FSX conversion, however, the latter will take a lot of effort and time. And for that reason, I won't do it. I've after all already (metaphorically) walked from Dallas to Phoenix. Why should I walk back again?

Fictituous or - better - punny names are

I've after all already (metaphorically) walked from Dallas to Phoenix. Why should I walk back again?
    I found the correct/actual names and corresponding nicks/handles....so that's sorted...

Walking back? - Exercise ...

Walking back? - Exercise ...
    But I could just as well continue westward to San Diego...

Charter Member 2016
    That's a valid question.

Yes, it's possible to port all this back to FS9 with a bit of effort. Change the formatting of some gauges back to FS9, convert all the textures back into FS9 supported formats and convert the model back into a FS9 compatible format. As with a FS9 -> FSX conversion, however, the latter will take a lot of effort and time. And for that reason, I won't do it. I've after all already (metaphorically) walked from Dallas to Phoenix. Why should I walk back again?
    That's what I figured. But, the majority of questions never hurt anybody, so I might as well ask... Normally, I wouldn't ask such a thing at all, but since this project had its genesis in an FS9 plane which never left beta, it seemed to make sense this time.
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

Quote Originally Posted by EMatheson View Post
    That's what I figured. But, the majority of questions never hurt anybody, so I might as well ask... Normally, I wouldn't ask such a thing at all, but since this project had its genesis in an FS9 plane which never left beta, it seemed to make sense this time.
    If you're willing to do a lot of research and invest the time (or already know your way around the stuff you need to do), I could give you the source files so you can have a go at it. Every tool you need is freeware.

Regarding the validity of inquries: Generally, research first, then ask. Things can be solved so much quicker that. (Except in this case as it is very specific.)

Thank you Bjoern and Jafo! This thing is a great way to break in my new P3D install!

any chance of enabling the bump and specular on the bird Bjoern? (<< limbering up to run before starts taking incoming!)

just thinking it would be a great way to add even more to the aircraft....

after 10 days in Thessaloniki i have returned and am keeping on trucking with the -39C base work i was doing.... just wings and tailplane top and underside to go! (Ok and the access panel on the left fin side!)

Looks awesome as always Matt!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    any chance of enabling the bump and specular on the bird Bjoern? (<< limbering up to run before starts taking incoming!)

Gave this two minutes of thought and true spec map and bump map support would only complicate things, especially regarding Jafo's paints (and any paints for the FS9 model).
    You're simply too late to the party for that, sorry.

Bjoern, technically if you added a 'flat' bump sheet, no details, and a mid-grey specular sheet that would not ruin the current paints available.... especially if placed in the shared folder as the fallback. wouldn't that give the current FS9 paints and FSX ones currently out the same appearance? plus i think it'd just really make it you know.... 'pop' and really widen the scope and feel for the current paints... don't know how Jafo feels about adding bump and specular, but as i say it was just an idea....

after 10 days in Thessaloniki i have returned and am keeping on trucking with the -39C base work i was doing.... just wings and tailplane top and underside to go! (Ok and the access panel on the left fin side!)

If you're redefining the details within the original paintkit....lines, rivets, etc to be more accurate/clear I'd likely want to rework all of my paints to match...so spec and bumps wouldn't make a difference to the process of reworking.
    I don't think they're really needed other than the current model can't do what really classifies as 'flat' paint. 255,255,255 trans doesn't 'deaden' things totally....but it's no real issue....

Frustratingly I think I found an 'unpainted' bit on the fuse....the 'black holes' of the nasa ducts aren't black/matt. Certainly not anything on the fuse bmps where you'd expect em to be done...

I was a little 'naughty' and ran the model through MCX just to see how an 'over-emphasised' bump and specular would work.... but only on the fuselage. I just think it gives a certain 'je ne sais quois' to the model...

Matt, Jafo: Check your PMs.

Frustratingly I think I found an 'unpainted' bit on the fuse....the 'black holes' of the nasa ducts aren't black/matt. Certainly not anything on the fuse bmps where you'd expect em to be done...
    So there's no "interior" in there? Well, I can fix that in a future release.

I was a little 'naughty' and ran the model through MCX just to see how an 'over-emphasised' bump and specular would work.... but only on the fuselage. I just think it gives a certain 'je ne sais quois' to the model...
    You ran the model through MCX and all animations and visibilites were retained? That's quite surprising.

Matt, Jafo: Check your PMs.

So there's no "interior" in there? Well, I can fix that in a future release.
    Not so much an 'interior' more a solid 'hole' that's a glossy white. If it were black it'd look like a hole.

I 'painted-by-numbers' [filled each bit of the entire fuse.bmp with colours to locate the right bit] but found none. The nasa ducts are recesses whose side view is paintable....but not its end...

You can see the 'blank' end just above the port wing in this shot...

EDIT....

Darn it....wrong again....just checked the Playboy paint again...and the 'end' is painted same as fuse colour. Now all I need is to trial and error again to find out which pixel or pixels paints it.
    I'll be back in several years....I have 4 million pixels to eliminate...

Darn it....wrong again....just checked the Playboy paint again...and the 'end' is painted same as fuse colour. Now all I need is to trial and error again to find out which pixel or pixels paints it.
    I'll be back in several years....I have 4 million pixels to eliminate...
    Give me a few mins...

Well, there you go....easier than I thought.
    There's a square graphic I couldn't work out what it was supposed to do. Now I know.
    All's well.... though I'm sure I'd already checked it....must have been a cache reload issue that didn't repaint it when I checked last time.
    Now the 'holes' are black and look so much better...

Members who have read this thread: 3