FlyFree Studio Rafale

Thread: FlyFree Studio Rafale

FlyFree Studio Rafale

Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    Hello everyone! I've just bought the Rafale v2.0 by Flyfreestd and this is my little feedback :

1 : Visuals : Very nice, models and textures are well done, the VC is also good
    2 : Flight model : here something should be adressed, the engine response lags too much, at least on my system/hardware,
    this results in a struggle during the approach for Landing where it's quite difficult to keep a constant speed/rate of descent,
    I've tried to increase a bit in the Aircraft cfg-engine section the value of fuel flow gain and things are a little better.
    Another point is that below Mach1 (more or less, depending also from the altitude) the Aircraft is very manouvrable but above
    that speed it becomes suddenly very heavy and slow around both roll and pitch axis, it seems a big cargo airplane fully loaded.
    Ok, maybe the flybyware software safeguards pilot and airframe from high loads but IMHO this is too excessive.
    3: Marginal point : the wheels of the main gear are too mach flattened when on the ground, the airplane seems fully loaded even
    in clean configuration, maybe changing some contact points value ... but I don't know how and where.
    4 : Last point is that it deserves for sure more repaints, I really hope that some artists here will fill the gap ( as long as the developer releases the paint kit) .
    In conclusion I think that this addon is Worth the price, those negative points above are not so grave to avoid me to reccommend it to all Rafale fans !
    Agree with all, especially #2. My landings are horrible. With no loadout I should be able to make a controlled landing around 150 kts, but the AoA is too high and I'm all over the place.

And I like to see more repaints as well, but I don't see any repaint kit available.

I've forgotten 2 other points :

1: both left and right MFD when adjusted to max light intensity ( value=4) are too much dull, the manual states that a switch
    in the left console can put them to a higher intensity but it doesn't work.
    2 : A positive point : external loads manager is present so a wide variety of combinations is possible
    Also agree.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

I've got their MiG-29 and I'm very happy with it. Ok these are not study level aircraft, but the modeling of this company is top notch!

My paypal is talking to me about the Rafale!!

And here's to hoping that they will start to develop for MSFS!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Let's give some colour to this new thread :-)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-8-28_22-25-4-131.jpg   2020-8-29_23-35-8-960.jpg   2020-8-27_22-59-0-722.jpg   2020-8-27_22-45-34-632.jpg  
    The more you do, the less you dream

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-8-29_22-30-1-479.jpg   2020-8-27_23-3-22-303.jpg   2020-8-27_22-39-4-424.jpg   2020-8-27_23-5-57-89.jpg  

Magnificent shots!

Dassault aircraft are like French women: beautifull, make your head spin and of their own will!

So I went ahead and bought this little looker!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Magnificent shots!

Dassault aircraft are like French women: beautifull, make your head spin and of their own will!

So I went ahead and bought this little looker!

Priller

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    I've got their MiG-29 and I'm very happy with it. Ok these are not study level aircraft, but the modeling of this company is top notch!

My paypal is talking to me about the Rafale!!

And here's to hoping that they will start to develop for MSFS!

Priller
    I have several FlyFree Studio aircraft and like them all (for those times I don't want to fly a study level aircraft ).

The Rafale seems to have some new features the other FFS don't have - perhaps because this is V2?
    -- WH

Among those new features, the pitot heater, must be switched
    ON always unless you want to fly without airspeed readings quite shortly after the takeoff

I've figured out how to make less flattened the wheels ( only on the Rafale M, but I think that the correction should work fine also for B & C models) , changing a little three contact points in aircraft cfg , see the pics.
    As a rule of thumb, the more you increase the figures, the less the tyres are flattened , ( original figures were -7,5 / -6,5 / -6,5 )

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WHEELS_LESS_FLATTENED.jpg   2020-8-31_21-17-6-274.jpg   2020-8-28_22-6-36-321.jpg  

OK, I've just checked if the figures of the previous post (model M) worked fine also for the C model : THEY DIDN'T , actually for the C model they are a little different , see the picture :
    (consequently for B model the figures will be different but I've not yet checked )

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WHEELS_LESS_FLATTENED_C_MODEL.jpg  

Some ideas if paintkit ...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5607307.jpg   5595161.jpg   2468922.jpg  

How is it on frames ?
    My Military Flight Videos :

Quote Originally Posted by xpelekis View Post
    How is it on frames ?
    Great unless you use the moving map. Mine was jerky until someone told me to switch the center display to another setting.

A paintkit is available at the link below here for a few days. it is 1Gig in size so he can't leave it up forever.
    If you miss it email the developer at the address on the SimMarket sales page.

There are two colorful Dassault company demonstrators included in the texture mix from 2017 and 2018.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g8B...ew?ts=5ff45be5

Some ideas if paintkit ...

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    A paintkit is available at the link below here for a few days. it is 1Gig in size so he can't leave it up forever.
    If you miss it email the developer at the address on the SimMarket sales page.

There are two colorful Dassault company demonstrators included in the texture mix from 2017 and 2018.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g8B...ew?ts=5ff45be5
    Got this message:

Sorry, the file you have requested does not exist.

Make sure that you have the correct URL and the file exists.
    I hate google. Any other options for locating the file?
    -- WH

I just clicked the link and it says it is too big to be scanned but then has a download button.

You can always email the developer at the Support Email link on this page: https://secure.simmarket.com/flyfree...b-v2-fsx.phtml

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    I just clicked the link and it says it is too big to be scanned but then has a download button.

You can always email the developer at the Support Email link on this page: https://secure.simmarket.com/flyfree...b-v2-fsx.phtml
    Nah. Not a high priority. They should have put the file as part of the download purchase.
    -- WH

It's a 1 Gig file. A little heavy on bandwidth when you figure most people aren't interested to begin with.
    And there is no "they". FreeFly Studio is a one man show.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Nah. Not a high priority. They should have put the file as part of the download purchase.

Thank you menef for the better figures to get the tires to a more realistic looking position.
    For the Rafale B I used:

point.0=1.00, 14.0, 0.00, -6.25, 2200, 0.0, 1.9, 70.0, 0.17, 1.5, 0.7, 3.0, 3.0, 0.0, 300.00, 400.00
    point.1=1.00, -4.0, -6.0, -6.63, 2200.80, 1.0, 2.5, 0.0, 0.7, 1.5, 0.7, 3.0, 3.0, 2.0, 300.00, 400.00
    point.2=1.00, -4.0, 6.0, -6.63, 2200.80, 2.0, 2.5, 0.0, 0.7, 1.5, 0.7, 3.0, 3.0, 2.0, 300.00, 400.00

I also made some adjustments to the external lights.

1) First thing I did was to move the beacon from the Telemir antenna location on the tail tip to the spine just in front of the tail leading edge. Folks thinking that is a light seems to happen a lot.
    The antenna is only found on the Rafale M but has been modeled on all three versions here. Can't get rid of it but can at least remove the light from it.

2) I added a white nav light to the correct location on the trailing edge of the tail above the rudder.

3) I have fixed several miss-assigned light types so that they work correctly with the switches on the left console.

4) In my lights section below I have removed the strobes from the wingtips. In my opinion an unrealistic item although I can't find any proof either way.

5) Since I removed the strobes and wanted more flexibility with the wing root and wingtip nav lights I reassigned the wingtip lights to the strobe switch. Now I can run either or both along with the white tail light.

Since all three versions use the same [lights] section in the aircraft.cfg file try this on one and see if you like it.

Code:
    [lights]
    //Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing, 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=logo, 10=cabin
    // longitudinal, lateral, and vertical positions
    light.1 = 1, -2.55, 0.0, 3.15, fx_beacon  // moved from top of tail
    light.2 = 3, 5.47, -5.98, 0.4, fx_navred  // wing root
    light.3 = 3, 6.09, 5.72, 0.4, fx_navgre   // wing root
    light.4 = 3, -19.45, 0.0, 10.3, fx_navwhi  
    light.5 = 2, -4.56, 16.79, -0.7, fx_navgre  // wingtip, reassigned to strobe switch
    light.6 = 2, -4.56, 16.79, -0.3, fx_navgre  // wingtip, reassigned to strobe switch
    light.7 = 2, -4.56, -16.79, -0.7, fx_navred // wingtip, reassigned to strobe switch
    light.8 = 2, -4.56, -16.79, -0.3, fx_navred // wingtip, reassigned to strobe switch
    light.9 = 2,  -19.45, 0.0, 10.3, fx_navwhi  // assigned to strobe switch
    light.10 = 8, 9.0, -2.2, 0.4, FFSvapourl
    light.11 = 8, 9.0, 2.2, 0.4, FFSvapourr
    light.12 = 5, 6.7, -5.5, 0.4, fx_landing

Are there any repaints for the FFS Rafale now that the paintkit is out??
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Are there any repaints for the FFS Rafale now that the paintkit is out??
    Not that I'm aware of. If I can find my artwork from when I painted Bruno Mérelle's Rafale M I'll do the Flotille 12F 1000 hours scheme.
    I lost years of stuff with a system crash this last year and it may have been in there.

Members who have read this thread: 3