A Taste of Things to Come (Spitfire Preview) - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Taste of Things to Come (Spitfire Preview)

Re Landing Lights. How easy will it be to transfer that feature to bombers and night fighters, foe example?

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi gecko, have you seen how detailed the damage box hierarchies are getting in WOTR? Three different textures in the damage.dds for successive amounts of damage to the rudder, for example. Wing breaks can occur in several different places suggesting multiple damage boxes for the main wing, and numerous damage boxes for flaps, too.

Mk II B

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    This one is a Mk.IIB. Looks just like the Mk.VB from this angle except for the half-round opening on the oil cooler under the left wing. The Mk.VB had a deeper oil cooler with circular opening.

Joost, you got most of them! The landing lights and navigation lights are pilot controlled, and include animated switches in the cockpit. There are two landing lights, but only one can be used at a time. The original switch only had positions LEFT-OFF-RIGHT, and we've modeled it the same way. The landing light fixtures themselves are raised and lowered pneumatically by their own animated switch in the cockpit.

The first time you fire the guns, the gun tapes are broken. Your faithful armorer will have them taped over again the next time you fly.
    First iv`e heard of a IIb i know the Ib was prone to the cannon jamming,still a great model though,how much longer we we plebs have to wait!

alcanallen.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Awesome features ! Can't wait to get my grubby little hands on them !

James, there is a part that has to be set up a certain way in gmax, so source files are required.

Daiwilletti, yeah, they've done some pretty impressive stuff on that front. Modeling all that interior structure must take a while!

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    James, there is a part that has to be set up a certain way in gmax, so source files are required.

A pity! That's an issue now with such an old game. Many of the designers have left or moved on.(It applies of course to some of your other innovations as well.) Can you pass anything on to Ted for his NJ and BC aircraft ior should I suggest to him to pass the source files to you? I assume you can update your Spitfire later Marks?

Ted has the info. When the new shaders are released the necessary info will be part of the notes. IIRC the later Spitfires didn’t have landing lights.

there is a part that has to be set up a certain way in gmax, so source files are required.
    It appears we can set up the light as a pylon so only modest skill with gmax is required. Great job by Ankor.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsbolt View Post
    It appears we can set up the light as a pylon so only modest skill with gmax is required. Great job by Ankor.
    Nice. I didn't know it was possible.
    And thanks!

Speaking of things to come. I'm not going to spill the beans - this is gecko's thread after all, but certain posts here have motivated me to implement something... new

Quote Originally Posted by sdsbolt View Post
    I assume one still needs the source files?

Quote Originally Posted by AnKor View Post
    Nice. I didn't know it was possible.
    And thanks!

Speaking of things to come. I'm not going to spill the beans - this is gecko's thread after all, but certain posts here have motivated me to implement something... new
    It doesn’t have to be just my thread - I’m certainly not the only one working on this thing! But I think I will have to put up another video showing off this awesome new feature you’ve created.

Nice find Steve! James, with what Steve has done, as long as the model has a hard point, a new pylon can be created for it that puts the landing light node in the correct place on the model.

PHP Code:
    Speaking of things to comeI'm not going to spill the beans - this is gecko's thread after allbut certain posts here have motivated me to implement something... new 
    Sounds Good!

Nice find Steve! James, with what Steve has done, as long as the model has a hard point, a new pylon can be created for it that puts the landing light node in the correct place on the model.
    Sounds about right Dan

Just to give an ignoramus a clue, perhaps the 109's part of the xdp file relating to this could be shown here + the 'light' weapon or whatever it is.

Have a look at what we've been up to with the Spitfire lately. This aircraft is breaking new ground for CFS3 in several ways, including something really special that Ankor has created (and which he hinted at earlier in this thread) which dovetails perfectly with what we've been doing with the Spitfire.

https://youtu.be/8MuHL1zL1TY

Sorry for the length and poor narration, hope you find it interesting anyways!

Holy whatever-is-holy-for-you!!!

That is AWESOME!!
    Together with the working radar gauges that Steve showed that's two reasons to stick to CFS3 for a little while longer! I can see where I have to send my P-47 to, once it's finished

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

Blog Entries
    Awesome ! Speechless ! Great work from what i see so far ! Thanks for the update ! Regards,Scott

Fantastic news! Thank you Ankor and Gecko for the clickable cockpit, a feature I really missed from CFS1, and you did it even better.

Thanks Dan. I'm embarrassed to admit I still find this video helpful after all this time

A big thanks yet again to Ankor for the new clickable cockpit. Much easier for me than trying to remember all the multi-key commands on the Spitfire

Spitfire Mk II

Impressive vid,can the team give us a release date? my trigger finger is itching.

alcanallen.

Great work Dan & co. Not surprised it has taken time; along with real life stuff. Now all other CFS3 aircraft will look 2nd or 3rd best!

Blog Entries
    They've done a huge job ! Great things to come ! Take all the time needed, just know we are still very interested in the project. Regards,Scott

I may have to create a few tutorial videos to help people transition into flying with more complex systems. If you're used to flying more recent sims like DCS or the newer IL-2 series then you shouldn't have too hard of a time, but if you're used to CFS3's rather simplified and generic aircraft systems you will find the Spitfire a bit more challenging than what you've flown before.

Release date? Hopefully soon! I've been the main cause of delay as I keep trying to squeeze more features into the systems coding. There's so much more that I could add, not enough hours in the day!

Blog Entries
    I thought IL-2 '46 was hard till i checked out the new BoX series! Hope this bird isn't too complicated to fly but love the clickable features. Haven't had that since CFS-1 ! Outstanding work.I'm sure the new Spitfires will be worth the wait. Regards,Scott

Members who have read this thread: 1