RealAir Spitfire - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: RealAir Spitfire

Jan,

I'll send you the files as a drop box link. Check pm!

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by Bradburger View Post
    Good point Jens-Ole.

(I forgot to mention that in my previous post!)

The other thing I would say is that the default colouring/effect on the exhaust ports could do with adjusting to look more realistic. Currently, it doesn't look quite right to me, and hides the shape and the nice modelling of them.

Btw, do you have any more repaints planned or in the works for the RA Spits?

Cheers

Paul
    Yeah, I got at least 15 Spitfire IX paints which I never have released. Sort of ran out of steam before I had them packed up and ready for released..

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

a bit more work, better, or don't you think so?

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    a bit more work, better, or don't you think so?

Getting extra realair liveries

I contacted the Real Air support wanting to know if there was a way to manually download the textures for archival purposes.
    They responded that the only way to get the extra liveries was to use the installer program; the liveries are installed to the
    directory automatically where your main Spitfire is located, otherwise, they suggested making copies of the installed textures.

Not sure i follow you, extra liveries can be installed into the realair spitfire as any other fs addon aircraft. Or was you talking about something else?

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

I think it looks nice JanKees . But perhaps a bit difficult to judge based on just a few images made under similar light conditions. But from experience I know it is difficult to find the right alpha-spec-bump combination on this model to create realistic metal look.

Looking forward to test your efforts,

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    Not sure i follow you, extra liveries can be installed into the realair spitfire as any other fs addon aircraft. Or was you talking about something else?
    I was talking about how the repaints are automatically installed via realair installer (an all or nothing option). What I was interested in was the downloading the actual repaints as a zip file that way I can just activate the ones I want to reinstall later. Otherwise, I have to find the textures and zip them myself. I wanted to select and intsall just the liveries I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    But from experience I know it is difficult to find the right alpha-spec-bump combination on this model to create realistic metal look
    I know (now) what you mean, just tried it in bright sunlight......not very good I fear, too dark, not shiny enough...
    oh well, back to the drawing board
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    Yeah, I got at least 15 Spitfire IX paints which I never have released. Sort of ran out of steam before I had them packed up and ready for released..
    Well, the first part is good to know!

Maybe you'll release them one day.

That silver USAAF scheme is looking nicer still Jan Kees.

One other detail regarding your repaints I forgot to mention was for the removal the depicted red fabric adhesive cover on the outer (short) cannon stub.

In reality, this was hemispherical and solid (as seen in attached picture of MKV AR501), but for some reason, RealAir modelled it like the inner 0.5" gun port, as on the 'e' armament wing.

The other thing I would remove is the stencilling for the wing leading edge fuel tanks, which were only a feature of the MKVII, VIII, XIV, & XVIII.

Cheers

Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2005_0807OWAug70042 (2).jpg  
    Last edited by Bradburger; December 13th, 2015 at 12:03.

Remember AR501 is preserved, and not necessarily typical of a period a/c, though. That prop and engine make it effectively a IX after all.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    Remember AR501 is preserved, and not necessarily typical of a period a/c, though. That prop and engine make it effectively a IX after all.
    Well, not really!

The DH prop, whilst not the version fitted to the Spitfire, is close to the type fitted to MKVs in Lieu of the Rotol type. And the multi ejector exhausts were often fitted to MKVs with low altitude Merlins, such as the 50M/55M.

AR501 at the time the picture was taken, had a approximately a Merlin 45 (single stage/single speed supercharger), the type fitted to MKVs and not MKIXs (two speed/two stage supercharger).

Anyway, the point of the picture was to show the outer hemispherical blanked off cannon stub (the same as fitted on early wing MKIXs), which as I said, is square on the RA model, and should be as in my picture!

I would point out that the cannon shroud/fairing (whichever you prefer to call it) is the wrong type for the MKV, as this would be the tapered type, again as per MKIXs with the early wing.

(Whilst it looked the same as the 'c' wing of the MKV, the early MKIX wing was never officially referred to as having a 'c' wing, or called by that variant i.e. a MK.IXc).

So other than the cannon shroud/fairing being the wrong type, AR501 is to all intents and purposes (with a large number of embodied modifications) how a late MKV would have looked during WWII!

Cheers

Paul

back home again, and back to tweaking EP-A, here's a mix of summer and winter shots:

we are getting closer I think..

and while I was busy, I thought I'd do another one as well..

I assume most of you will have seen this movie?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie3SrjLlcUY

OK, wrong model, and I can't get rid of the guns with the MK.IX (I think?) and the bulletproff glass, but still fun, right?

RealAir Spitfire

HALLO FRIENDS;

I know thar several Spitfire has been found by the Luftwafe and after repair have ben test flown at Rechlin testfield and also at "Cirkus Rosarius"
    an unit who presented the captured enemy aircraft to the front line units.
    I do mot know if they also captured this special type of the Spit.
    Wouldn'it be an interesting repaint theme?
    here some text I found on the net
    a)
    EN685 Spitfire PR.X1 (Merlin 61); No.542 Sqn; FTR Hannover, force-landed 13.5.44; To the Luftwaffe; Repaired, and to "Zirkus Rosarius" (2nd/OKL), marked 'T9+EK'; Flown by Lt KH Messer (First Group of No.53 (F) Wing [I/JG.53]) from Hannover-Wunstorf to Hustedt (NE of Hannover) 31.7.44; Demonstration at Dortmund, Monchengladbach, Bonninghardt, Bonn, Stadte and Husum from 2.8. to 11.8.44; Flown 21.8.44; Demonstrated by pilots of No.26 (F)Wing [JG.26] at Reinsehlen (near Schneverdingen, c.40m E of Bremen) in 11.44; Fate unknown
    b)
    PL...? Spitfire PR.XI (Merlin 70); RAF unit unknown; Force landed and to Luftwaffe 1944; "Zirkus Rosarius" (2nd/OKL), marked 'T9+BB'; Shown HannoverWunstorf in 1944; Fate unknown
    Possibilities: PL834 (No.16 Sqn), FTR Arnhem 20.9.44; PL904 (No.541 Sqn) FTR Bremen 28.9.44; PL906 (No.542 Sqn) FTR Munich 27.11.44; PL916 (No.683 Sqn) FTR Stuttgart 8.10.44; PL919 (No.541 Sqn) FTR Frankfurt 24.12.44; PL925 (No.400 Sqn) FTR Ruhr 28.10.44.

happylandings
    Yours
    Papi

here you go:

I think this is one of the PR XI's, but I can't really see the registration apart from T9

and I think this paint was done already.

So, so pleased to see this elderly addon still getting the attention it deserves. What a tribute to the guys at RealAir, that after all this time, this is still worthy of such artistic talent.
    Many thanks to ALL the great repainters out there

If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

but it's just such a great model! I've bought 2015-payware that wasn't as good as this...

meanwhile, some details:

I've been scratching the metal:

wingview from the cockpit:

even in the shadow it has a metallic sheen to it.

any thoughts?

Lovely work there Jan Kees.

Well worth the extra effort, and I like the metallic shadows and the scratches!

PL944 looks great too.

Cheers

Paul

I just uploaded the USAAF PR paint on Ozx, I hope you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    I just uploaded the USAAF PR paint on Ozx, I hope you like it?

Link goes to
    Something went wrong. Please try again.
    Error code: EX126

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Link goes to
    Something went wrong. Please try again.
    Error code: EX126
    works fine when I click on it?
    Here's the full link: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...x-usaaf-pa944/

and this one is nearly ready too:

OK, wrong model, and I can't get rid of the guns with the MK.IX (I think?) and the bulletproff glass, but still fun, right? Yes it is!

The link works if you are logged into aussiex. Otherwise I also get the EX126 error.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PR.jpg  
    Last edited by CP1207; December 17th, 2015 at 10:49.
    Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.
    (Clarke and Clark)

No Luck

Jankees,
    I have two different browsers and tried that link with both and this is what I am looking at on my monitor.

Was I supposed to sign in? I can't get any orbx forms et al.

this link doesn't work either

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...1-ozx-scenery/

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Jankees,
    I have two different browsers and tried that link with both and this is what I am looking at on my monitor.

Was I supposed to sign in? I can't get any orbx forms et al.

this link doesn't work either

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...1-ozx-scenery/

got this first, then signed in via link top right and downloaded no problem

Members who have read this thread: 3