Asobo partnering with Andrei Tsvirenko on Antonov AN-2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Asobo partnering with Andrei Tsvirenko on Antonov AN-2

Asobo partnering with Andrei Tsvirenko on Antonov AN-2

Just announced in todays Dev Q&A, part of a new "Famous Flyers" series, likely released this year. Andrei Tsvirenko is a developer at ATSimulations and formerly SibWings.

This is great news. Andrei is a great dev and their An-2 is no doubt deserving of this "accolade" of being an officially partnered addon. Even more excited than I already was for it.

Andrei's AN2 for FSX is one of the things I really miss in MSFS (along with Ant's Tiger Moth and of course Jan & friends C-47). This is VERY good news....

Quote Originally Posted by johnwillimas2 View Post
    Andrei's AN2 for FSX is one of the things I really miss in MSFS (along with Ant's Tiger Moth and of course Jan & friends C-47). This is VERY good news....
    I suspect a conversion of Ant's Tiger Moth can be found in MSFS, (search the YouTube videos "Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Videos' channel), but I am not sure the conversion has been blessed by Ant.
    Here is a Tiger Moth in MSFS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBzH39Rp1dY

& a C-47 is in the above videos, [multiple videos], & it looks like the FSX Jahn/Visser product, but approved???
    Here is a C-47 in MSFS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgsTQbdY_lA

T43
    Last edited by Twice43; October 22nd, 2021 at 08:15.

I converted Ant's Tiger Moth to MSFS, it works quite well once you delete some stuff out of the panel.cfg...
    There was a thread here on SOH about it and Ant chimed in with advice so he wasn't against the import...but it should be done for 'own use only' and NOT posted anywhere. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ght=tiger+moth

FSX imports are harder now, you have to use ModelConverterX to delete all the mouse interactions in the cockpit or you get a CTD, it's easy to do ONCE you have got MCX working in the first place. And they don't work in VR so I've stopped doing them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    I converted Ant's Tiger Moth to MSFS, it works quite well once you delete some stuff out of the panel.cfg...
    There was a thread here on SOH about it and Ant chimed in with advice so he wasn't against the import...but it should be done for 'own use only' and NOT posted anywhere. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ght=tiger+moth

FSX imports are harder now, you have to use ModelConverterX to delete all the mouse interactions in the cockpit or you get a CTD, it's easy to do ONCE you have got MCX working in the first place. And they don't work in VR so I've stopped doing them anyway.
    If you are into the British Classic aircraft, this has just gone up on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9f9vDSVbrM

Its based at freeware Duxford, by Mick Sprick, (.to)

TG

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    If you are into the British Classic aircraft, this has just gone up on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9f9vDSVbrM

Its based at freeware Duxford, by Mick Sprick, (.to)

TG
    Thanks twice, Twice !!

Can i say that that video is the most exiting and promising MSFS video i have seen for a long time ?.. Yessir, i sure can !!

I mean, making one of the most exiting and coolest sceneries really come alive !!?? I am actually quite surprised that i am the first one to put the flag up for this amazing effort (apart from you of course, Twice ;-) In my MSFS book it's not only the wonderful but sofar dormant Duxford scenery that comes alive, it is prove that this can now finally happen !

I don't know about your thoughts, Twice, but i thought this fantastic video must surely have been created through the use of Multiplayer. I mean, what else, right ?...

Sadly i do not care about MP that much but guess what ??.... It's not !! It's ' AI generated with a Replay mod !! I.e. Holy Moly!!

@ All Duxford Scenery lovers : did you actually see this video ?....

@ Twice43: what about posting your link again in a dedicated thread ? It would surely deserve it !

Thanks very much again, Twice ! As far as i'm concerned this makes up a LOT regarding the 'No AI' disaster of the upcoming Reno release.

DUXFORD FOREVER !

Btw, in addition to my post above, i have asked the creator of the 'Duxford Comes Alive' video about how it was created. Extraordinairy to hear it was thru AI and Replay. NOT MP !!

Anyway, i also tried to help someone who commented the video and said that he couldn't get Ant's Tiggy to work in MSFS. (he said he just popped the files into the Community folder..) I told him he should use the MSFS Legacy Importer with a link to the freeware program. A few minutes later my post was deleted....

Tried again by posting a general comment in the same video thread, again my post melted away into the darkness like a snowflake into water...

Anybody know what's up with that ??.... Doesn't YT allow posting links to other programs ?... If that's true: shjeezzz, what childish behaviour !

Thanks for any enlightenment in this matter.

Interesting how they do the multiple aircraft.
    I too thought it was multiplayer, with name tags deleted.
    Curious where the DC-3 flyer picked up the aircraft & how he converted it.
    I tried Ants Tiger Moth, [for own use], & everything worked fine other than the moment the mouse pointer enters the cockpit, I get a CTD.
    T43

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Perhaps they could slip the DC-3/C-47 in under the Famous Fliers banner!
    T43

Given that the first aircraft released under the "famous flyers" (the JU-52) had some significant bugs that show no signs of being patched, I'm pretty sure we don't want to know what a DC-3 would look like under the same setup.

T43
    I think AH will finish it as the first (this year), but from a little time there is no new screenshots with model preview. However, I can guess that they are still working on it.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

sounds good as long MS/ASOBO doesn't interfere too much into development

T43
    Oh please no. I'll buy it from justflight, simmarket or whatever vendor, but NEVER from the blasted marketplace.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Just a quick update from today's Q&A: Antonov has still not approved licensing for this aircraft. The aircraft is finished and ready for release but they cannot release the aircraft until the licensing issues are dealt with. The second aircraft in the "Famous Flyers" series will likely be released ahead of the AN-2, which is the D-17 Staggerwing by Carenado.

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    Just a quick update from today's Q&A: Antonov has still not approved licensing for this aircraft. The aircraft is finished and ready for release but they cannot release the aircraft until the licensing issues are dealt with. The second aircraft in the "Famous Flyers" series will likely be released ahead of the AN-2, which is the D-17 Staggerwing by Carenado.
    I don't need Antonov in the name. This its Russian game and some kind of the pressure , honestly, I don't care. I need Andrey's model.

agree 100% - don't want to see MS pay a russian ransom just for this one airplane. Or call it a Navalny NV-2 and replace all the 'antonov' badging -
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

I hope for, one day, an Ilyushin IL-76 "Candid".

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    agree 100% - don't want to see MS pay a russian ransom just for this one airplane. Or call it a Navalny NV-2 and replace all the 'antonov' badging -
    Carenado could get away with that. Microsoft does a lot of business in Russia, so the legal department would never go for that!

People…Antonov is a Ukrainian company based in Kiev. They probably have larger concerns right now than managing a licensing concern for an entertainment product. I too am very much hoping this arrives, but I understand they delay.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Carenado could get away with that. Microsoft does a lot of business in Russia, so the legal department would never go for that!
    Carenado already does something very similar, since their Cessna 182, 170, and 337 are all sold as "C182" or "C337" and neither the Cessna name nor logo ever appear anywhere on the 3d models, documentation, or Carenado website/Marketplace listings. I assume that's down to Textron having signed a contract to license their stuff to Microsoft/Asobo, but clearly Textron's lawyers have decided they have better things to do than send cease and desist letters to a company that's pretty small potatoes as far as Textron is concerned.

I'm not calling out Carenado specifically here or saying they're doing anything wrong, since there's other developers that do the exact same thing, but it's kind of interesting to look at various MSFS (or other simulator) payware addons and see which ones are working around the fact they don't have an official license from an aircraft manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    What a shame! Really looking forward to flying the AN-2. Hope it gets approved.
    Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

The AN-2 should be released with Sim Update VIII, on february 22 according to the dev roadmap.

should have checked that - always thought it was russian..
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Members who have read this thread: 0