Microsoft FLIGHT releases tomorrow-Any Takers? - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft FLIGHT releases tomorrow-Any Takers?

Well,it seems to be really only a game.
    I have just watched a few vids from Flight made by users
    and there is nothing to see what impressed me anyway.
    Maybe it will become better after a while,but i don`t believe this.
    Personally i find,that only Prepar3D would be an interesting Sim for the future.
    Paying a monthly 10$ for example is nothing wrong for a hobby.
    I will have an eye on the further develpement.
    My 2cents
    Michael

Members +
    Happy Bstolle said what he said....once my CH USB Yoke,and my CH USB pedals were set up..all working...and flying their RV-6...Taxing,Take off cruse and landings were greatly improved from both FS9 and FSX.... I would not say it..,who would believe me??.but Bistolle did...and I concur...Strictly from the illusion of controlled Flight...I Found "FLIGHT" with greater fidelity to inputs.....Flying real world and Sims,all of them...I was impressed......The extended Hawaii scenery pak...very nice...Ford Field..as it really is....Clouds,weather, OK....Once you clean it up,Customize it as to what you want,..".UNGAME IT"..why ,if ya like HAWAII?...this is for you...I spent $19.95 for the scenery...and if I stopped with that?...Its OK with as is ,for me..Still have my hangers full in FS9 and FSX.Lost nothing,gained something..FREE!!...this Hawaii is somewhat like a vacation!....Will always go home,will always have FS9 and FSX waiting for me!!!
    Some like the Multi Player Feature...not my thing..strictly Solo..So Far That Is..<label for="rb_iconid_24"></label>.I think like..<label for="rb_iconid_24"></label>Curiosity killed the cat.this will spread...Lets face it...Tho we POO POO this..its our nature to give a look see..Most here are like Moths To a Flame!...We All remember when FS9 came along...and how about the Gnashing of teeth,pulling of hair with FSX...So lets get real...The Thing is free...and if ya never spent a nickle..its fun..its planes,its great scenery..its "FLIGHT".....Now my Computer has FS9 ,FSX, and now "FLIGHT"...And I'm ready for the next one to come along!!...Some day they will get it right.....And I feel for me,I now have a better experience with Desk top Flying and am enjoying the evolution of it! ..GAME or SIM..its Fun!!!...Cheers Men! :salute:

Videre Vincere Est
    Well, free download. Gonna give it a try :-)

https://microsoftflight.com/en-us/home/

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

How Big is the DL-have @ the moment not much discspace?

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Nothing new, it was before in Take on helicopters.
    I don't have take on helicopters, not a big helo person . But it would have been nice to have this feature in FSX .

1,5GB-----i think.
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by beana51 View Post
    Happy Bstolle said what he said....once my CH USB Yoke,and my CH USB pedals were set up..all working...and flying their RV-6...Taxing,Take off cruse and landings were greatly improved from both FS9 and FSX.... I would not say it..,who would believe me??.but Bistolle did...and I concur...Strictly from the illusion of controlled Flight...I Found "FLIGHT" with greater fidelity to inputs.....Flying real world and Sims,all of them...I was impressed......The extended Hawaii scenery pak...very nice...Ford Field..as it really is....Clouds,weather, OK....Once you clean it up,Customize it as to what you want,..".UNGAME IT"..why ,if ya like HAWAII?...this is for you...I spent $19.95 for the scenery...and if I stopped with that?...Its OK with as is ,for me..Still have my hangers full in FS9 and FSX.Lost nothing,gained something..FREE!!...this Hawaii is somewhat like a vacation!....Will always go home,will always have FS9 and FSX waiting for me!!!
    Some like the Multi Player Feature...not my thing..strictly Solo..So Far That Is..<LABEL for=rb_iconid_24></LABEL>.I think like..<LABEL for=rb_iconid_24></LABEL>Curiosity killed the cat.this will spread...Lets face it...Tho we POO POO this..its our nature to give a look see..Most here are like Moths To a Flame!...We All remember when FS9 came along...and how about the Gnashing of teeth,pulling of hair with FSX...So lets get real...The Thing is free...and if ya never spent a nickle..its fun..its planes,its great scenery..its "FLIGHT".....Now my Computer has FS9 ,FSX, and now "FLIGHT"...And I'm ready for the next one to come along!!...Some day they will get it right.....And I feel for me,I now have a better experience with Desk top Flying and am enjoying the evolution of it! ..GAME or SIM..its Fun!!!...Cheers Men! :salute:
    Well said . My thinking to, with fewer aircraft games/Sim coming out one can enjoy what there is . As of right now Flight won't replace FSX , but its new and we will have to see what the future of Flight is .

Quote Originally Posted by Flasheegee View Post
    their spec calls for a shade under 32GB free space on your HD
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Charter Member 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by XLR8 View Post
    Well said . My thinking to, with fewer aircraft games/Sim coming out one can enjoy what there is . As of right now Flight won't replace FSX , but its new and we will have to see what the future of Flight is .
    That may be OK for you young man but im at the age where i realise i have more past than future!! LOL
    I lie about my age

Quote Originally Posted by Flasheegee View Post
    Accodring to a SHQ member, the footprint of the folder is 2.21 Gb.

Right now, I have all the DLC installed, and its 2.29gb. Flight will need a little bit more room then that for cache, and Windows will also need room. Plus you will want more room open later on for DLC. Its never a good idea to fill a hard drive up to max. You want some wiggle room.

Also if anyone is interested in knowing what Flight is, without downloading the game, I made a small video to help explain it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0PUcC9t4jo
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
    That may be OK for you young man but im at the age where i realise i have more past than future!! LOL
    I lie about my age
    I'm no young chicken ,and don't be to surprised if you out live me .

Definately for the console crowd. No Track IR support-wtf?!? But not bad for a free Stearman-in-Hawaii flight game (not sim) Only thing better than FSX is the plane shadowing.

Just can't compare FSX to Flight, two totally different animals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tim Piglet Conrad
    Piglet's Peculiar Planes
    "Ahhh... the freedom of freeware!"
    First Rule of Aviation:
    Don't piss off your mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
    Definately for the console crowd. No Track IR support-wtf?!? But not bad for a free Stearman-in-Hawaii flight game (not sim) Only thing better than FSX is the plane shadowing.

Just can't compare FSX to Flight, two totally different animals.
    Gotta bust you on this. No version of MSFS has ever has official support for TrackIr. FSX had Simcinnect that NP tapped into, but they had to do the work themselvs. 2002 and 2004 had no support so NP had to make a back-door into it. Same with IL2. No support, but NP was able to program in a back door.

NP has already posted that they are working with MS Flight to get support.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Nice video Kevin but when the music plays or the aircraft engines are running your voice-over is lost. I've downloaded "Flight" and from time to time I'll go in a fly for a bit, but with my rig I can actually run FSX with better graphics than Flight. I tried running the graphics up to get the same look that I saw in some of the screenshots (and your video) and the fps dropped too low to be flyable. I've found very little thus far that would make me think this is something I will stick with. Flying around the Island is boring really as I've spent more time looking at dirt and trees than anything that would keep me interested. The buildings are rather drab and lifeless and aside from the areas where they used some photoscenery (mainly around the airports), the rest of the ground textures look no better than what I have now with GEX. Climbing through the clouds seems a bit more realistic than FSX but I can't say that it blows FSX away in that area and the rain was laughable really, as it appeared to be nothing more than straight lines flying through the air. . . .nothing close to what FSX has and no interaction with the aircraft at all, no rain drops on the windshield, etc.

I have been able to get some of the throttle and joystick functions mapped to mirror what I have in FSX but some, despite being accepted during the mapping process failed to function during flight. All in all, my curiosity level is quickly waning and it won't be long before Flight ends up in the "out" bin.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

In the end, I was never able to get past the Live barrier, so no flight for me. But I can live with FSX for now..
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

I would at least give it a try but will not jump through all the hoops to get a live account.I'm sure thats going to turn a lot of people off.I have steam for my train sim and that can be a pain at times.

If You want to have Track IR in Flight please send to MS small email: msflight@microsoft.com .
    Maybe the best way for this take a little pressure. Write, You want buy all ; > dlc but without TiR no way & no fun.

Or? ... Microsoft wants to release a new DLC with TiR support. Next 5$
    . LOL !
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Charter Member 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoe6969 View Post
    I would at least give it a try but will not jump through all the hoops to get a live account.I'm sure thats going to turn a lot of people off.I have steam for my train sim and that can be a pain at times.
    Im with you completely on all you say!

short term memory
    when FSX was introduced did it run smoothly?...at any setting? on any rig? No
    Flight runs smoothly on my rig at about equal settings to FSX - I guess I'm lucky there, but I am NOT using the max settings in either sim/game

It will take a couple of updates from MS to get Flight more optimized..just as it did for FSX..SP1? SP2? anyone...?

As to Live account setup - that was a couple of really tough key clicks there...man, brutal...whew!

...and I still have FSX - for the next 10 years I will have FSX - if I have to set up a machine with ancient Win7 and unplug it from the internets I will have FSX for at least the next 10 years

but time is marching on - If you don't like the direction MS is taking with their franchise - go tell them politely - their website is open and anyone can contact their team - but please use a carrot and leave
    the pitchforks, torches and sticks at home. You might get an interesting reply.
    enter..the Sandman

Out of curiosity I gave it a try- thought to be openminded would be the best thing for an approach. I really had a few hopes for Flight, cause I am certainly part of the "low and slow" and eyecandy crowd and not necessarily fixiated on system depth.

Well, the cliff-coastlines pleased my eye, the shadows are nice too, but that was about it really. The whole setup/menue is already too gamish to me, the water is horribly cartoonish (itīs not great in FSX either, but still better) and it even runs less smooth than my current FSX install.

Moreover I completely dislike to create a Live account to get "more" options, aircraft let alone purchasing another few more "islands in the middle of nowhere". Donīt get me wrong - this does not go against Hawaii! - but I am a "homeflyer". Primarily I am flying around my own area (80%) and places I know (Germany, Europe) and only exploring the rest of the world for 20% (including Hawaii) of my limited flying time. So whereīs the thrill for me (at the moment)???? And if the added world later on will look as blank as this cartoonish "beast" (as I can imagine remembering how the default scenery of my favourite places always looked on any FS-release in the past) I will not spent any money on it or even create a LIVE account.

So for me personally I will keep an eye on it, but will enjoy my FSX for some time much longer. Moreover it makes me feel good to spent the little money I can on our precious addon-developers who created our "little world" over so many years.

Just my opinion here. We will see...
    Alex
    Dont grow up! ... Itīs a trap!

Charter Member 2012
    Nicely put Alex :salute:

Yep, well put Alex.
    I took Heywooood's advice and dropped an opinion or two on the "Flight" Facebook page. Just to let them know we are watching, lol. From the very beginning posts about the existence of "Flight" it was rumored that it would become a "pay to play" closed system with everything coming from MS and no 3rd party access. That alone was enough to raise the ire of a lot of folks who have become staunch supporters of our 3rd Party Developers. The rumors have become reality and despite the fact that I spoke these words when FSX was released ("I'm sticking with FS9"), the sentiment takes on added substance based on my age, retirement status, fixed income and a lengthy list of other factors. I have scaled back my buying tremendously since being unemployed and now that I've accepted retirement I'm buying even less, so a new computer is out of the question and having to purchase the rest of the world plus aircraft to fly is not in the cards. At some point I'll leave all this behind either due to boredom or inability to run FSX anymore due to HDD crashes or some other computer catastrophe and at that point another generation of simmers will be in charge anyway. I hope they get something better than "Flight".:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I waiting for Microsoft to stop registering and activating FSX all together when you go to change OS or computer, to force people out!!!
    Marvin Carter
    No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin Carter View Post
    I waiting for Microsoft to stop registering and activating FSX all together when you go to change OS or computer, to force people out!!!
    when it ever comes to that, rest assured the community will find a workaround

FWIW I agree that Flight is somewhat disappointing - but as MS offered it up for free I am not as upset about it as I might have been

I get the direction they took with Flight - trying to make it more appealing to general users in a nice idea, and capturing ALL of the development revenue is less draconian than it is pragmatic..

I think it will not pan out the way they had hoped. I think it will appeal more to people who are less likely to be bothered will additional content (casual gamers) than FSX does to ardent flight sim enthusiasts
    and so will attract less money overall. If instead they had made a trademark usage deal with 3rd party developers - a "You guys can do whatever you want - but if it is "For FSX" then MS gets 5%" approach - they would realize far more revenue than they will by taking 100% from casual., disinterested, transient gamers. And when they allow freeware to be developed they likely realize far more core sales than they otherwise would so dissallowing freeware harms MS Flight too.

But - if they adapt Flight to a slightly more FSX model in time, and they could - Flight can still have ATC and AI and Heavy Airline equipment added and it doesnt have to be payware...it is TODAY - but alot can change in a day. In the mean time, this Stearman is a blast.
    enter..the Sandman