Microsoft FLIGHT releases tomorrow-Any Takers?
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft FLIGHT releases tomorrow-Any Takers?

Microsoft FLIGHT releases tomorrow-Any Takers?

I will download-Looking forward to it...
    Rick

EDIT: Over at the AVSIM forum they posted some release images of FLIGHT:
    http://forum.avsim.net/topic/363929-release-images/

Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

No longer active
    deleted x-plane 10 and Aerofly FS already......

Charter Member 2016
    likewise. IF it runs as advertised on most everybodys machine, well, then I would love to try it. Hopefully it will have better performance than FSX does on my rig! AND - if we all support it by trying it, then there is a greater chance MS will do something with it!
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

Meh. I'm pretty happy with FSX, actually. I have an awful lot of OrbX scenery and quality aircraft addons that satisfy my simming needs just fine. I may someday take the plunge, but I'm in the "wait-and-see" camp now.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Will have a look at it--it`s free.
    But i am pretty sure that i will not throw any money in it.
    Love my FSX!
    Michael

Can't wait to try it. I'm testing a new PC. HP Phoenix, Intel Core i7-3960X OC'd to 4.20 GHz, 16GB memory, Nvidia GTX 580, 300GB SSD. Should be fun. Free is good, but it looks like we will have to pay for every little add-on from MS.

I won't, for the following excellent reasons:
    - I know already everything that needs to be known about this product, thanks to what we learned during the beta.
    - the default area, one Hawaiian island, is totally uninteresting.
    - the default planes are totally uninteresting, and I already have a nice Icon A5 and all the bi-planes that I need in FSX, and I can fly them anywhere.
    - the feaures in Flight are totally uninteresting, excepted the new shadow system. I can live without this.

As a consequence, even if it's free, I fail to see why I should waste any HD space for Flight. I'd better PAY to get XPlane 10. At least, that one would bring something to the SIMMERS.

I've got other things planned for tomorrow -- the date only comes around once every four years afterall.
    But I'll be checking the forums for comments of the released version.
    :ernae:

No. Not downloading it. But, I will be following the threads to see what the masses think of the new game.
    Matt

Nah, not so much

I will not be adding it to my computer. I am not thrilled with what I have read and seen so far. Still I will follow the forums to read views and opinions of my trusted fellow simmers. With the long history of MicroSoft products I view them as more of an "Evil Empire" than my simming buddy. So a wait and see stance, with increased effort to stockpile food and survival equipment for when the "Evil Empire" strikes....

Ol' Jarhead

Quote Originally Posted by papab View Post
    I will download-Looking forward to it...
    Rick
    Me too Rick . I will probably add the rest of the Hawaiian Islands as well as I spend quite a bit of time in that area in FSX . The ground textures alone is worth the investment in my humble opinion .
    Really looking forward to it .

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Felixthreeone View Post
    No. Not downloading it. But, I will be following the threads to see what the masses think of the new game.
    Same here Matt. Personally I'm having too much fun with the Aerofly FS F-18 in the Swiss valleys and mountains... I'm sure Hawaii will keep many entertained though, but for me it was

Not for me, I have to many great FSX addons. Makes you what percentage of owners of FSX have never even heard of adding aircraft and scenery to it. I would imagine that crowd will be your prime MS Flight audience.
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'll follow the online reports. Might check it out later if they add TrackIR support (hard to live without that once you get used to it). A helo would be nice too, but only if it's a decent one. The good news is that it's painless -as in, free - to go have a look. But I don't feel like I'm exactly dying for it - it'll take some serious positive reviews from people I trust and some added features to get me to commit to it.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Nope......I'll be passing on this as I have with AEROFLY and Xplane. I have way too much invested in FSX now and frankly in the webisode #7 where the dev's say something to the effect "you won't need a joystick, just a mouse and go"......that turned me right off......completely now.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Will definitely try the release version after playing with the beta for a while. With all aids off it works OK as a sim, and the Stearman is pretty well done. Performance wise it runs circles around FsX too with an average of 60 fps where FsX struggles to keep up 25. Of course Flight doesn't have as large a world or any AI traffic, but still the difference is quite amazing. Don't think I'll be spending any money on it though as I've spent way too much on FsX already!
    Flight is not FSXI, but it is a fun flying game with potential for more.

But please try for yourselves tomorrow; it's free anyway so the worst that could happen is that you loose a few hours!

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    where the dev's say something to the effect "you won't need a joystick, just a mouse and go"......that turned me right off......completely now.
    I can drive most of my racing sims with the keyboard if I have too, but it's more fun with a wheel. Flight is about the same.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Yes, I'll grab the release version. I might have more to say once it's released...

Quote Originally Posted by Felixthreeone View Post
    Excellent summary. I definitely agree with you.
    I'll also keep a close eye on Flight, just to keep informed about it.

Quote Originally Posted by pilottj View Post
    Not for me, I have to many great FSX addons. Makes you what percentage of owners of FSX have never even heard of adding aircraft and scenery to it. I would imagine that crowd will be your prime MS Flight audience.
    Here however, I have to disagree.
    The amount of money spent into a sim is not a good reason to stick with it. With such a philosophy, a simmer who bought a lot of VFR/bush scenery addons and warbirds for FS9 could never enjoy the OrbX sceneries and the Accusim planes in FSX, which is total nonsense.

I have spent a lot of money (well, not as much as some people, but quite a lot for me) in FSX, and if XPlane10 starts to get the kind of realistic addons that I like, then I'll start spending money on that sim. I won't stay with a sim knowing that another sim has more realistic and enjoyable addons.

In the case of Flight, I know that it will not have any addon that could be more realistic and enjoyable than current FSX addons, so I will not switch to that sim. Not until this situation changes.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    in the webisode #7 where the dev's say something to the effect "you won't need a joystick, just a mouse and go"......that turned me right off......completely now.
    So you won't fly FSX either then ?

It's free so I will give it a shot depending on the size of the download.
    But I think I will wait till at least the weekend maybe later.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    I will not be trying Flight. I am going to wait for a GC to run AeroFly FS. They are making an SDK for it, I want my planes in it, and I want to help them do an Arizona and Colorado version of AeroFly.

I am happy with FS2004, (very happy) and now that I have FSX running again, (took 2 weeks to get the FSX SP1 going), it too is ok. Lots of planes, and the entire world.

For those of you that download and fly Flight, may it suit you well and may it behave well and work awesome on your machines. It is a new era and direction for MS. I wish them well and also those who will be flying in it. Have fun.

:salute:

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

It really does look like an excellent game. For all the gamers out there who are looking forward to getting their game on, I hope to see a lot of screenshots from the new flight game. I hope that this game lives up to the expectations of the aforementioned gamers, and that microsoft continues to expand its game to include more missions, coin collecting, and general game-enhancing content. But, remember, if you want to push further into the game, you have to purchase new game content from the makers of the game, so that you can take the game to the next level. One more day, and it is game on.
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    I'll follow the online reports. Might check it out later if they add TrackIR support (hard to live without that once you get used to it).
    It doesn't have TrackIR support?? Definitely a no-go item for me then. Can't stand to fly without it now..

Darrell

I might get it some day when I can spare the bandwidth, but the lack of an SDK for modellers means it's of little real interest for now. Which is a pity, I was really looking forward to building something for Flight.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

LOL for free, why not.

As for me, I will try it. If for no other reason but to see what MS is trying to sell and how it actually works. I am not one to take hearsay and rumor to heart. If it is free to look at the product then why not. Should it cost $50 to look then I likely never would. Find out the truths. Surely, the delete button still works. It did with XPlane 10 anyway.

I have as much or more than any of you in FSX and still not afraid to look. NOT giving up FSX either.

Jim