F6F-3 HELLCAT VF-19

Thread: F6F-3 HELLCAT VF-19

F6F-3 HELLCAT VF-19

I'm working on a new campaign so I'm posting a few skins and planes tonight as part of the prep for it.

Grumman F6F-3 Hellcat No. 25 VF-19, USS Lexington CV-16, October 1944. Pilot: Lt. Bruce Williams - 7 victories

This is a complete model of The B24 Guy's Overhauled F6F-3 Hellcat with a new skin including all texture and damage files, A low specular shine model, new dp, aircraft cfg, and air file.

This model requires Dbolt's Enhanced U.S. Weapons Addon for CFS2 v2.0a - available at SOH

CREDITS:

Scott Johnson (The B24 Guy) for providing all us simmers with this unmirrored model.
    Sergio Dolcemascolo for his accurate US ordinance package

Attachment 88110
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

very nice. CK.... i really like the quarter windows just behind the cockpit!!!!

F6F3_HELLCAT No. 25 VF-19, USS Lexington CV-16, October 1944.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - American

Description: Grumman F6F-3 Hellcat No. 25 VF-19, USS Lexington CV-16, October 1944. Pilot: Lt. Bruce Williams - 7 victories

This is a complete model of The B24 Guy's Overhauled F6F-3 Hellcat with a new skin including all texture and damage files, a low specular shine model, new dp, aircraft cfg, and air file.

This model requires Dbolt's Enhanced U.S. Weapons Addon for CFS2 v2.0a - available at SOH

CREDITS:

Scott Johnson (The B24 Guy) for providing all us simmers with this unmirrored model, and Sergio Dolcemascolo for his accurate US ordinance package

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit F6F3_HELLCAT No. 25 VF-19, USS Lexington CV-16, October 1944.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Reply...

Captain Kurt,

This is outstanding work, and you put me to shame, because you do everything, including all the repaints, yourself! Incredible job! :ernae:
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Absolutely LOVE this new Hellcat!!!!!!!!!!!! I only have one problem, and I don't know what is causing it. When I load the plane and look it over as it sits on the runway I notice that the elevator control (Trim) tabs sometimes are pointing straight down or straight up and other times only slightly on way or the other. Other than that I love this plane!!! :salute:

Never mind, I got her fixed!

Glad you got it sorted, as I hadn't done anything that would effect the trim tabs.

Thanks for the compliments. It was a bear to compensate for some of the skin distortions, but I think they turned out as well as possible.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Thank you for this outstanding addition. :salute:
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Quote Originally Posted by kwb737 View Post
    Absolutely LOVE this new Hellcat!!!!!!!!!!!! I only have one problem, and I don't know what is causing it. When I load the plane and look it over as it sits on the runway I notice that the elevator control (Trim) tabs sometimes are pointing straight down or straight up and other times only slightly on way or the other. Other than that I love this plane!!! :salute:
    Kwb737.....explain please? What did you do to resolve this? I came across this very same thing. Not on CK's F6F, but another OH Hellcat.

Quote Originally Posted by Worthless View Post
    Kwb737.....explain please? What did you do to resolve this? I came across this very same thing. Not on CK's F6F, but another OH Hellcat.
    I apologize for not getting back to you. I never did resolve the problem, in fact I had no idea how to. So I simply went with a another Hellcat.