Douglas C-47 V3 Beta Released - Page 4
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Douglas C-47 V3 Beta Released

SOH-CM-2020
    Simply magnificent - handles like a real one and sounds like a real one of that vintage (no pretty seats and sound proofing). Thanks heaps!

SOH-CM-2021
    Nice work if you can get it. I tried about 50 times over a 14 hour time span yesterday, and have tried 10 times so far today. Still haven't been able to get it to download. Getting "waiting for sim-outhouse" message at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by 511Flyer View Post
    "waiting for sim-outhouse" message at the moment.
    F5 is your friend.

Excellent work ! Thank you.

(I could use some SEA & Air America liveries...)
    My Military Flight Videos :

Blog Entries
    Thank you so much to the whole team who produced this exquisite work of art. I think the whole of the flight sim community are in your debt, it's beautiful

Regards and again, thanks,

Ian & the whole FS community.

Just food for thought: A link to the C-47 Warbirds Library download has been posted on Flightsim.com. Now, many SOH members who have been donating to keep SOH afloat can hardly access the forums because the freeloaders are hammering the site trying to get their hands on the C-47. I typed this post in notepad because the 1st attempt got lost when I tried to submit and got another "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later" message LOL. Life just isn't fair is it

The highest accolade New Zealand can offer ...

... complete with custom-baked Pavlova!

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    Just food for thought: A link to the C-47 Warbirds Library download has been posted on Flightsim.com. Now, many SOH members who have been donating to keep SOH afloat can hardly access the forums because the freeloaders are hammering the site trying to get their hands on the C-47. I typed this post in notepad because the 1st attempt got lost when I tried to submit and got another "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later" message LOL. Life just isn't fair is it
    That seemed a sensible thing to do knowing how the server here was going to be hammered. Unfortunately, the model isn't uploaded to Flightsim.com. If you click on the download link, it brings you back here!! Wonder who's idea that was
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    That seemed a sensible thing to do knowing how the server here was going to be hammered. Unfortunately, the model isn't uploaded to Flightsim.com. If you click on the download link, it brings you back here!! Wonder who's idea that was
    ATB
    DaveB
    From a Flightsim.com perspective that is a brilliant business model: They get the extra hits to keep their advertisers happy, we pay for the download bandwidth use.

I'm in front of my computer for one day, and this is what I find! Great job guys!
    Unfortunately I'm leaving again tomorrow...maybe I should bring a computer...

Quote Originally Posted by xpelekis View Post
    (I could use some SEA & Air America liveries...)
    Air America is here, but not yet with the new engine textures, maybe later...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

OUTSTANDING! Great work guys! Flies great, trims out like a charm, and the VC is a work of art. One minor detail was left out of the upload though. No textures for the paratroops in the effects folder. I see black boxes coming out of the door. Overall an A+ though. I've spent good money for far less!

Blog Entries
    She's a beauty

Blog Entries
    at the moment I have it/the download turned off, to let the server breath, lol
    I will turn back on later today
    Look What I Have Become!

Did gman ever get the paint kit up or has the server issue goofed up the works?

Quote Originally Posted by Ickie View Post
    at the moment I have it/the download turned off, to let the server breath, lol
    I will turn back on later today
    Thanks Ickie. Was able to get both but took multiple tries. Was able to download the other new files just now, which I couldn't do earlier, just because of the volume of traffic. No complaint, just observations. These are both excellent models, the C-47 and Milton's Turbo Mallard for FSX. Thanks to all involved.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by edakridge View Post
    OUTSTANDING! Great work guys! Flies great, trims out like a charm, and the VC is a work of art. One minor detail was left out of the upload though. No textures for the paratroops in the effects folder. I see black boxes coming out of the door. Overall an A+ though. I've spent good money for far less!
    I am surprised.
    Here is the effects folder you need.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ncooper; July 23rd, 2016 at 07:58.
    Regards,
    Nick

The paintkit available?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    I am surprised.
    Here is the effects folder you need.
    That one is in the original download but it doesn't address the black blobs for paratroopers.

Nope, still no texture bmp. Just effects.

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    The paintkit available?
    coming soon

Gray gauges

I like the new V3. I am having texture issues on the panel with some of the gauges looking a bit on the gray side. Some times they will be black and if I go to different views and return to the panel
    some of the gauges will become gray looking. The one marked inop and the two to the left of it.

Also, for me when I apply the brakes, I've noticed that the plane will want to nose over, the tail wheel will tend to raise up.

Are the sound filesin V3 that of Tufuns? I remember in V2 we had options TF or another stock sound that was standard, don't know who did those.
    I'm using FSXA

Quote Originally Posted by edakridge View Post
    Nope, still no texture bmp. Just effects.
    same problem are you using FSX or P3D?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    I'm in front of my computer for one day, and this is what I find! Great job guys!
    Unfortunately I'm leaving again tomorrow...maybe I should bring a computer...

Air America is here, but not yet with the new engine textures, maybe later...

Jankees,

Those layers are in the PK. With the server being slammed I was not able to get in to do the upload. We'll let the smoke clear a bit and I get the PK posted up.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

@Grey Eagle: Is is possible you have cockpit lighting on? That will cause some weird effects at present.

As for the brakes causing the plane to nose down (rather than nose over), that is correct. Applying brakes, depending on speed, should compress the front gear and even reduce load or raise the rear wheel. I don't think you are in any danger of nosing over. However, correct technique would include pulling back on the yoke while braking.

As for paratroopers, there was some last second concern about getting them in the package correctly. If there is an issue to be addressed, I'm sure it will be in a future update or hotfix. They do not work in P3D, as the manual states, at present at least. But they do work in FSX, or at least did for the beta team (with one possible exception that wasn't fully vetted in order to get the package out asap).

Thank you all for the compliments, folks, highly appreciated by the team and me !

I have just uploaded the file to avsim and flightsim.com. That should get us back to normal here.

Cheers,
    Jan

Members who have read this thread: 6