[Ask] How to change Me163_599 / Me163B cockpit? - Page 11
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: [Ask] How to change Me163_599 / Me163B cockpit?

It's been a while since there's been an update so I thought I'd post something. Real life and summer have been slowing our progress, but it is continuing. One aspect I've been working on is adding compatibility with some of the new features of Ankor's shaders. Here's a shot of the new self-lit cockpit gauges and lights:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shot07-26-15-23-52-19.jpg  

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Can't wait!! I have a special CFS3 install just for this aircraft. It's been many years waiting for a good Me-163.So glad it's now in its final stage!

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Bumping..
    Oh yea!

well, is it me only, who can see at the geckos night image screenshot like almost a pure pitch black screen only?
    to recognise what actually the screenshot presents, I have had edit it in my image editor (attached). now I can finally say "great gauge lightning effect, gecko!"

note: I have such problem at any computer and monitor/tv, it doesnt matter if is it my PC at work, my home game PC, my notebook or my wifes notebook.
    I do not use any special monitor or vga settings anywhere, just the default one...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shot07-26-15-23-52-19_fixed.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Wow! that IS impressive!! well done all who are contributing to this project.
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Between Borek's cockpit shot and the one I posted above, are the gauge markings visible in mine, or is it all black? We're trying to figure out the right balance because for some reason night shots display very differently between our two PCs. Any ideas why this is? Neither of us have altered our display settings, so we're kind of confused.

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    Between Borek's cockpit shot and the one I posted above, are the gauge markings visible in mine, or is it all black? We're trying to figure out the right balance because for some reason night shots display very differently between our two PCs. Any ideas why this is? Neither of us have altered our display settings, so we're kind of confused.
    Your posted screen shot is almost black, undecipherable. That is common to a lot of the posts of night time screenies, not just yours, its obviously difficult to know how the things will appear on other people's monitors.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Bumping we will go..

Very little left (I know, I said that before). I'm currently working on stabilizing a program I wrote to improve CFS3's handling of the Me 163's unique systems - you will be able to fly the aircraft exactly according to the original 1944 pilots operating instructions. An English translation by me will be included.

Why is it taking so long? It's my fault trying to get everything tweaked just right. And I've been a bit busy - this year I have earned an instrument rating and commercial pilot's license, graduated from flight school, moved across the state, gotten a new job, and our third kid was born.

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    Very little left (I know, I said that before). I'm currently working on stabilizing a program I wrote to improve CFS3's handling of the Me 163's unique systems - you will be able to fly the aircraft exactly according to the original 1944 pilots operating instructions. An English translation by me will be included.

Why is it taking so long? It's my fault trying to get everything tweaked just right. And I've been a bit busy - this year I have earned an instrument rating and commercial pilot's license, graduated from flight school, moved across the state, gotten a new job, and our third kid was born.
    !!??..!!

Well I think that is a very good reason for the delay

Quote Originally Posted by gecko
    this year I have earned an instrument rating and commercial pilot's license, graduated from flight school, moved across the state, gotten a new job, and our third kid was born.
    CONGRATZ, mate!

Blog Entries
    Wish you the best with your new child and new job. A lot on your plate to be sure. Thanks again for all your time/work involved...

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    BRAVO Gecko!!

Blog Entries
    Well done Daniel! You've scored a hat trick! :0)

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Oh yea! Too Cool..

Busy man, congratulation!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Thanks guys. I wouldn't recommend trying to fit all that in a year, but all in all I have to say it's been pretty great.

On the Me 163 front the program for the special Me 163 systems is complete and being tested by a handful of people, hopefully with good results.

Blog Entries
    Been a longtime coming with this awesome fighter for CFS3. Been waiting many years for one of the most interesting fighters of WWII. Thank you for making it as accurate as possible. Looks to be well worth the wait !! Thanks for all the time spent on this project.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    A Bumping we will go..

In testing, and I'm trying to fix some damage model issues with Borek.

Blog Entries
    Just thought i would give a little bump to see how it is coming along . This aircraft has always interested me. With some great missions by HH i'm sure it would keep us busy a while ! Thanks

well, a few days or weeks back I sent to gecko the gmax source, to let fix/finish the Komet damage logic.

as to the release pack content I wish there were two Komet CFS3 versions, the basic add-on for people like me, and the enhanced add-on with all the features presented here by gecko

Blog Entries
    I agree BorecS . Both versions would be great. Going up against a massive bomber formation with fighter cover sounds immersive though. I also enjoy Il-2 '46 and it's Me-163 is great. A challenge to fight effectively with a slow rate of cannon fire coupled with high speed. This aircraft along with the He-162 should have came stock with CFS3 instead of something as experimental as the Go-229. It shows how much the sim was rushed. Still really like CFS3 and it does some things very well and hope for more to be done with it in the future. Thanks to all involved in this project. Happy New Year !!

I am not sure how many CFS3 users would use the basic Komet airplane add-on, but I think I am not the only one, who just would like to keep the game clean / at original stage (no AnKor shaders, no global texture patches etc.). I mean there should be a simple Me-163 add-on pack available, which would include the strict neccessary files only, to be able to fly the plane without any manual game file "patching" or with a small manual "handjob" only

question is, how deeply to take it - I personally would be fine with some .ini file text rows adding, to get working the geckos effects and sounds, just like it was with the wip stuff we was working togehther. from my experience yet without such hand work the Komet was pretty flyable for me

still the enhanced CFS3 Komet add-on pack with all the great features, which is under gecko and his test crew testing, is the only way, how to simulate the historic rokect bird as real as it gets. well, I didnt tried this version, so maybe I am wrong and all needed is enpacked into this package and no other additional game enhancements are needed

I think a basic version would include the aircraft and its sound pack and all of Borek's lovely skins, the detachable takeoff dolly "weapon" and the textures for the new effects. Some lines will have to be added to the effects and sounds xml, but I have kept it simple and you will only have to paste them to the bottom of the file.

A second version would include extra files to enable various features for those using Ankor's shaders including self-lit cockpit gauges and lights, a few new skins which include bump mapping, as well as bump maps for portions of the cockpit, and a working reflector sight. An optional part is an autohotkey module that models the systems of the Komet more realistically than is otherwise possible in CFS3, but some may find using it to be frustrating and not worth it. Personally I love it, but I made it, so there is probably some bias there. Either version can use it, and both will work fine without it.

Members who have read this thread: 2