Grumman Duck RELEASED (Finally) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grumman Duck RELEASED (Finally)

icarus
    also things seems perfect sometimes has an error...there is a corrective patch for the Grumman Duck..i will update you here...some markings are uncorrect underwing...in only few texture but this has to be perfect..i will update you here...there will be a new link with a little patch to install on the our shopping cart for old customer on our shop. This will not affect new customers.

NEW INSTALLER UPLOADED, OLD AND NEW CUSTOMERS CAN DOWNLOAD THE NEW AND DEFINITIVE VERSION FROM OUR SHOPPING CART.

there is no need to reinstall scenery or flights

icarus
    The duck is also now at Simmarket, fspilotshop, fsx-download shop, and soon on pcaviator and flightsimstore

I thought this might look nice in black and white.

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Great Pic!
    Looks like real.
    Michael

icarus
    I couldn't resist

Hey,like a postcard of these times.
    Michael

icarus
    yep that was the idea

icarus
    uploaded a new skin for the duck

J2F-4 US navy

you need to have an account at our website to download

http://www.icarusgold.com/FS/downloads.php

Check on Download - fsx (only for registered users)

icarus

Grumman Duck paintkit

I have uploaded also a paintkit for the Grumman Duck

downloadable at our website

http://www.icarusgold.com/FS/downloads.php?cat_id=3

registered users only

icarus

Grumman Duck Escuadrilla de observacion NEW SKIN

New skin about Grumman Duck Escuadrilla de observacion Argentina 1956. Probably one of the most beautiful. Enjoy

link:

http://www.icarusgold.com/FS/downloads.php?cat_id=3

Quote Originally Posted by icarus View Post
    uploaded a new skin for the duck

J2F-4 US navy

you need to have an account at our website to download

http://www.icarusgold.com/FS/downloads.php

Check on Download - fsx (only for registered users)

Icarus, I'd love to have this aircraft because its just the sort of thing I love in MSFS. But ohhh...those rivets! They are more suitable for a battleship's boiler than an aircraft. Please do something about them.

icarus
    just talked about the rivets..they are much visibile in this skin because is extremely clear and two layer were removed but less less visible in all others as noone talked about it...if you read on our forum all rivets discussion was maked...actually i am really tired to talk about rivets...i wrote to talk about new skins for customers...if you dont want be a customer is not my problem. It's fun that the only critics are from people don't have the Duck. I have received much thank you for a nice aircraft from this model that from all others.

I have received much thank you for a nice aircraft from this model that from all others.
    You get my thank you! Oh, and thank you for the Paintkit!
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

SYSTEM :
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler

Question?

Can the rivets be made smaller through painting, or does it require modifying the model?

icarus
    can't and due the usual attitude to start polemic i m not making any new skins. some people get modellers very tired to read and repeat the usual stupid stuff. I JUST HAVE SPOKEN ABOUT RIVETS, THEY WERE REDUCED AT MAX...IF YOU WANT UNDERSTAND OK IF NOT MADE A POST ON RIVETS. WAITING THE NEXT ONE NOW. ALL FOR BECAUSE SOMEONE STARTED THIS STUPID ARGUMENT WITHOUT HE NEVER BOUGHT AND TRIED THE GRUMMAN. FOR ME YOU CAN ALSO CLOSE THIS THREAD AND BYE BYE GRUMMAN.

murphys'war roger..i have seen you enjoyed the flight.

Icarus, while I can understand your frustration over the rivet issue you must understand that when you advertise your products here there are going to be things said about them that are not what you want to hear. Just a thought, but getting upset and requesting the thread be closed every time this sort of thing happens might not look good to future customers.

Okay,i also want to say my opinion.
    When you follow all the threads here with icarus,it`s understandable when
    he has slowly enough posting anything.
    Remember the thread where i asked about a Gloster Gladiator.
    delta-lima answered--"detailed model(FSAddon) interest vs general market(Icarus`) interests"--.
    So there must be clear,that icarus builds aircrafts,which are --perhaps--not for people
    with an interest of "as real and complicated as it`s possible"
    Icarus`aircrafts are nice,have a good VC and also a good sound.
    I am sure,he is doing the best he can---not more not less.
    Realism settings are "normal",so it must be clear,what type of aircraft they are.
    You can jump in and fly away,without reading a manual of 100 sites.
    This is a fine possibility when you come home in the evening,you are tired from work and want to make a short flight anywhere.
    Of course,his behaviour now is not understandable for everyone,but when that
    "rivet" thing is aked 10times i would explode too.
    You can ask it 100times,but he probably can not change it in the way you want to have it.
    So please,accept him as he is,he builds rare aircrafts and for me---and perhaps some others--
    it would be a lost,when he now is going to play with Lego.
    My 2cents
    Michael

Michael's post says it all.
    What you get from Icarus mainly, are models that find their way to FsX that otherwise would never see the light of day. He does his best with the tools he has and clearly cannot please all the people all the time.

To Mal...I think the bump map is responsible for the rivet size and that would be where to start if anyone wants to make them smaller.
    SYSTEM :

Icarus...please understand me! I am NOT asking you do change anything. Mine was a simple question about painting, which I know nothing about. Please do not get angry because it was only a question.

Now, I will keep my mouth shut from here on. :-)

just talked about the rivets..they are much visibile in this skin because is extremely clear and two layer were removed but less less visible in all others as noone talked about it...if you read on our forum all rivets discussion was maked...actually i am really tired to talk about rivets...i wrote to talk about new skins for customers...if you dont want be a customer is not my problem. It's fun that the only critics are from people don't have the Duck. I have received much thank you for a nice aircraft from this model that from all others.

But imagine 3X or 4X your current sales if you address the rivet issue and add a little weathering to your model? Extra money to buy LEGO kit. If you are going to make this level of product "payware", you need to step up the realism of the skinns.

icarus
    can you close this thread thanks ? i m not more interested to interact here thanks

icarus
    Quote Originally Posted by N2056 View Post
    Icarus, while I can understand your frustration over the rivet issue you must understand that when you advertise your products here there are going to be things said about them that are not what you want to hear. Just a thought, but getting upset and requesting the thread be closed every time this sort of thing happens might not look good to future customers.
    i never asked to close a thread...just now because i m really tired of rivets counter...about future customer...they do not look at count rivets...i will lost only bad and not customers

can't and due the usual attitude to start polemic i m not making any new skins. some people get modellers very tired to read and repeat the usual stupid stuff. I JUST HAVE SPOKEN ABOUT RIVETS, THEY WERE REDUCED AT MAX...IF YOU WANT UNDERSTAND OK IF NOT MADE A POST ON RIVETS. WAITING THE NEXT ONE NOW. ALL FOR BECAUSE SOMEONE STARTED THIS STUPID ARGUMENT WITHOUT HE NEVER BOUGHT AND TRIED THE GRUMMAN. FOR ME YOU CAN ALSO CLOSE THIS THREAD AND BYE BYE GRUMMAN.

murphys'war roger..i have seen you enjoyed the flight.
    I don't make stuff up. That looks like you wanted it closed to me.

icarus
    occupied with playmobil...i started to play games at same level of rivets counter

http://www.icarusgold.com/FS/news.php