Dinard, St-Malo scenery

Thread: Dinard, St-Malo scenery

Dinard, St-Malo scenery

Dinard, St-Malo, north Brittany coast, France for FS9

A while back, i installed "Mont Saint-Michel Version 2.0" by Pascal Dumat, found here---

http://p.dumat.pagesperso-orange.fr/htm/smichel2.htm

And i needed a suitable airfield to explore the area, so i found a basic map for Dinard, near St-Malo
    which was used by the Luftwaffe in WW2, and made up some scenery. The map was all i had to go one, so i
    took a few liberty's with the accuracy, but i think it looks ok. When installed, it'll
    show up as Pleurtuit-St Malo in your France, airfield list

Alternative GW files are provided in GWfile's folder, just back up originals just in case

Most of these objects, you should already have by now, but just in case--

Blankensee-Lubeck.zip for the Luftwaffe objects
    RAF Manston 44 FS9.zip
    Ted Andrews RAF building library.zip
    Wofi Library Objects.zip (converted to FS9 by Desert Rat)
    UT-Library objects FS9.zip (UncleTgt CFS2 objects converted by me) All found in the SOH library

A big thannks to Shessi for the statics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D1.jpg   D2.jpg   D4.jpg  

Dinard, St-Malo FS9

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Scenery

Description: Dinard, St-Malo, north Brittany coast, France for FS9. see read-me for install instructions

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Dinard, St-Malo FS9
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

SOH-CM-2023
    Benton IL. U.S.A. Ilive in country with 70 acres.

Dinard, St-Malo scenery

Great scenery! I fly FSX and it is perfect, Thank you. Lee

Thanks Ian!

I know that area very well as I did spend many holidays in that area. Aeroport de Pleurtuit Dinard (or Aeroport de Dinard-Pleurtuit-St Malo) is a bit hidden, but still a quite large airfield. You see the road signs everywhere, but you can't see a single building from the roads.
    I've cycled a lot around the Rance, perhaps I will cycle all the way to the airport this year. Although I needs a certain mindset to cycle on roads where cars drive over 115 kilometres per hour

So thanks for recreating the WWII version of this airfield.

Cheers,
    Huub

Im quite pleased with myself, your screenshot makes it look really good and it fits the photo scenery quite well even though i dont have it installed

Very nice, and a 'busy' looking airfield, like it!

Many thanks.

Cheers

Shessi

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    ... I needs a certain mindset to cycle on roads where cars drive over 115 kilometres per hour ...
    Cheers,
    Huub
    Your comment made me chuckle. At my age and with my arthritis, riding a bike is the only kind of exercise I can always enjoy. Even walking is some days good and some days not so much. But riding on streets and roads terrifies me!

I'm fortunate that I live with a literal stone's throw from a large park with many trails through the woods, and just as close in the other direction to a rail trail, so I don't need to ride on the dangerous roads.

When I was a little baby kid my mommy told me not to play in traffic, and now in my dotage I still comply with that.

My sharpe eyes spot you've removed the yellow eastern front theater bands from the 88's, i didnt spot that when i made the scenery

Perhaps something wrong with your sharp eyes after all . As I didn't remove anything, so the Ju88 must have been without their Eastern from colours from the start.......

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Your comment made me chuckle. At my age and with my arthritis, riding a bike is the only kind of exercise I can always enjoy. Even walking is some days good and some days not so much. But riding on streets and roads terrifies me!

I'm fortunate that I live with a literal stone's throw from a large park with many trails through the woods, and just as close in the other direction to a rail trail, so I don't need to ride on the dangerous roads.

When I was a little baby kid my mommy told me not to play in traffic, and now in my dotage I still comply with that.
    Hi Mick,

Like I said, for me it is a mindset. In my country we have a huge infra structure for cyclists. However the number of cycling accidents rises quickly, mainly because cyclist bump into street furniture or because they misjudge their speed (mainly electric bikes), strange enough collisions with cars or other traffic is actually a minority of the accidents. When I'm in France I'm not used to share the roads with fast driving cars, however I do realise it is normal for the people who live there. Most cars give the cyclists all the room they need.
    I've cycled in many different countries, the UK is by far the worst country to cycle

On the picture my bike at the top of Mont Garrot overlooking the river Rance. Pleurtuit is the village you see at the opposite bank. However like I already said it is hard to see anything form the airfield....

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Hi Mick,

Like I said, for me it is a mindset. In my country we have a huge infra structure for cyclists. However the number of cycling accidents rises quickly, mainly because cyclist bump into street furniture or because they misjudge their speed (mainly electric bikes), strange enough collisions with cars or other traffic is actually a minority of the accidents. When I'm in France I'm not used to share the roads with fast driving cars, however I do realise it is normal for the people who live there. Most cars give the cyclists all the room they need.
    I've cycled in many different countries, the UK is by far the worst country to cycle

On the picture my bike at the top of Mont Garrot overlooking the river Rance. Pleurtuit is the village you see at the opposite bank. However like I already said it is hard to see anything form the airfield....

Cheers,
    Huub
    Hi Huub,

That's a serious roadster, and you have some beautiful country to ride it through. I can't ride a bike with drop handlebars anymore, the position bothers my bad back.

I wonder if you'd find the US as bad, or maybe worse, than the UK for road riding. The US has a powerful car culture and there are many drivers who feel that the streets and roads are for cars only, and they deeply resent people who "intrude" on them with bicycles, motorcycles or even walking along the road side on foot. A small city near my home recently created bicycle lanes along the sides of their main streets but it hasn't worked out very well. They are constantly blocked by people parking their cars in them.

In the past couple of decades there has been a movement to rip up unused railroad tracks and replace them with paved rail trails. They are open to all non-motorized users: walkers, skaters, skateboarders and whatever - but their main purpose is given away by their common name, "bike paths." They are very nice but for the past few years our rail trails have been plagued with those electric bikes. They are legally treated as bicycles and the smaller ones really are bicycles with electric assist. But the largest ones are really electric motorcycles. They go at automotive speeds and are heavy enough to do serious damage in a collision. The big ones really need to be treated as motor vehicles but that doesn't seem likely in the foreseeable future.

Thanks Mick, it is indeed a great bike. When I started cycling 50 (!) years ago, I never expected I would ever own such a high end bike. Its a full carbon bike with electronic gear shifting, it was custom build for me, and it will become 7 years old this year. But my wife told me to buy is as I actually ride more kilometres on my bikes than I do with my car......

As I have never cycled in the US I can't say whether it is worse or better than the UK. But my country is very densely populated and therefore everything is (relative) nearby. So people are used to grab the bike and other road users are used to the large amount of bikes. In the Netherlands there are more bicycles than people. There are nearly 24 million bicycles in the Netherlands on a population of 17.5 million people. I'm a good one for the average as I own 4 bicycles.

Like in the US we have a real invasion of electric bikes here, which cause a lot of of new challenges. The width of our cycling paths didn't keep track of the increase of people using them. And also the different speeds of the users cause new problems. What you describe about the cycling/parking lanes in your nearby village sound familiar. When I cycled in Germany 20 years ago, you saw exactly the same.

But as this is the thread to announce the new Pleurtuit-St Malo scenery by Ian, another screenshot of this lovely scenery .

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 1