Sabreliner takes to the air

Thread: Sabreliner takes to the air

Sabreliner takes to the air

It was getting a little quiet around here so we decided to wake things up a bit with a raucous, noisy early jet engine or two. The Sabreliner Series is OUT NOW.

So for all of you who have waited patiently, here she is.

All the usual vendors have been notified and of course, you can buy direct from our website.

Enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 58HTtakeoff.jpg  

SOH-CM-2020
    That sure looks good

Pete

Whoo hoo, YESSSSSSS!! I couldn't get to your site fast enough to hit the "buy now" button. Thank you! Downloading now. Go NAVAIR Navy Chief

I plan to load a flight on NAS Pensacola this morning and buzz the flight line where the T-39s once parked, and the one that is still on a stick.

Hi BAZ

Thanks a lot
    just bought- SPLENDID

I hope it is a huge success that one day we can have a Jetstar II as well

Roland

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-3-3_14-53-24-826.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	266.8 KB 
ID:	81829Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-3-3_14-53-43-820.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	314.6 KB 
ID:	81830

I am a little disappointed in the appearance of the textures. Most likely I have a setting that is incorrect? The cabin is way too white (washed out bright white?). Textures seem washed out? NC

2021-3-3_8-37-48-774 by retnavycpo, on Flickr

2021-3-3_8-35-9-228 by retnavycpo, on Flickr

2021-3-3_8-42-40-37 by retnavycpo, on Flickr
    Last edited by Navy Chief; March 3rd, 2021 at 06:32.

Thanks for the HU Bazzar! Will get it as soon as i can! Nice model!
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the heads up, and congrats on getting it, Pete!

That said, yes, the VC textures look oddly bright, and the pillar area around the side windows looks as if it's untextured. Like there was a missing reference to a common texture folder, or something in that vein. Or maybe a funky cockpit lighting/PBR issue.

Hopefully gets sorted, as this is one I'm keen on.

dl

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I am a little disappointed in the appearance of the textures. Most likely I have a setting that is incorrect? The cabin is way too white (washed out bright white?). Textures seem washed out? NC

2021-3-3_8-37-48-774 by retnavycpo, on Flickr

2021-3-3_8-35-9-228 by retnavycpo, on Flickr

2021-3-3_8-42-40-37 by retnavycpo, on Flickr
    Hi Chief

Mine looks way different as you can see in picture above. The semi polished Alu -->perfect

Gforce RTX 2080 100 FPS limit

Name:	2021-3-3_17-43-27-208.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	108.4 KB 
ID:	81832Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-3-3_17-43-59-221.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	130.1 KB 
ID:	81833Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-3-3_17-44-7-738.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	81834

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, and congrats on getting it, Pete!

That said, yes, the VC textures look oddly bright, and the pillar area around the side windows looks as if it's untextured. Like there was a missing reference to a common texture folder, or something in that vein. Or maybe a funky cockpit lighting/PBR issue.

Hopefully gets sorted, as this is one I'm keen on.

dl
    It's the floodlight. Textures fine with it off.

cheers,
    steve

The shots from Navy Chief look odd. I think maybe settings are out in the sim graphics setup or maybe using third party shaders? The alloy and chrome should look way better than what is showing. I take it that's V5.1? There are still lighting issues with that version.Personally, I still think V4.5 is the way to go for the graphics.

Found the switch to make the pilots show but they don't. Chocks show up and remove with the switch but no pilots.

cheers,
    steve

Should be the co-pilot's alternate air supply switch. Are you using it?

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    The shots from Navy Chief look odd. I think maybe settings are out in the sim graphics setup or maybe using third party shaders? The alloy and chrome should look way better than what is showing. I take it that's V5.1? There are still lighting issues with that version.Personally, I still think V4.5 is the way to go for the graphics.
    Hi Bazzar,

I agree there is a problem with the display. I did a complete uninstall/reinstall yesterday, hoping for a change, but nope. I will keep trying. I did notice that the default Bloom setting was way too high, which made the red colors, for example, look almost "cartoonish"? Decreasing that did help. The overall texture of the Sabreliner's fuselage looks dull on my system, but not on other aircraft models. As for the model looking better in version 4.5, I hope there may be a way to improve the appearance of the model in 5.1. My experience with this version has been very good. The sim runs much smoother, and overall a big improvement. I really do enjoy flying this model though. NC

Should be the co-pilot's alternate air supply switch. Are you using it?
    Thanks Baz, I misread the manual.

Is there a way to integrate GTN 750 as in the DC-3? Manual speaks of a button to switch but I haven't found it yet.

cheers,
    steve

Hi Steve, yes, the button is one of the square ones on the front glareshield panel. Again, the manual cockpit guide will show you.

Hi Steve, yes, the button is one of the square ones on the front glareshield panel. Again, the manual cockpit guide will show you.
    I tried. I really tried to find it in the manual. Thanks!

I'll check. We may need to upgrade the manual when we patch.

GTN750 issues

For those having issues seeing the GTN suite in P3DV5.1, please read carefully:

You MUST have the gtnInterface.dll gauge installed in the sim's gauge folder. Sometimes, anti-virus progs will intercept this file when downloading and send it to the vault. This prevents the GTN from loading up. You need to check your sim's gauges folder and see if it is in there. If not, then you need to get it back out of the vault and put it back. We cannot be responsible for the GTN software, that is Flight 1's responsibility so please contact them.

You MUST also have the very latest Garmin Trainers software installed to run your F1 GTN software.

The attached show the GTN suite working fine in 5.1.

Name:	SabreGTNB.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	82040Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SabreGTNA.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	82041

Greetings,

As an interested potential end-user of this product, are efforts currently underway to update and enhance this aircraft in line with feedback received through such places as the Simmarket reviews (which are currently mid range or lower, and so far all seem professional and constructive), as well as Avsim user reports (about the same)?

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5...ge/4/#comments

Thank you.

We will be doing an update but I have to say that I was very disappointed with the Avsim review. For one thing, his P3D (appeared to be V5.1) was very poorly setup for graphics. His comments about the "blandness" are unfounded due to his graphics settings. I saw no light modeling at all on the exterior shots.The exteriors are full PBR and have very good, subtle features in the paint work, none of which was showing in his video. Going to 1024 textures was completely unnecessary as he appears to have a much higher end system than the one we used to produce this product!

In the cockpit, his graphic settings were so bad, none of the 3D gauge paint modeling showed up and he ignored the lighting rheostats at night. He had not read the manual properly so was guessing a lot of the stuff. In my opinion, NOT a valid review. Whether people buy or not on the basis of reviews like this is of little concern to me. What does annoy me is when our products are not presented properly.

I, personally, do not use 5.1 because of what they have done to the lighting engine. I use 4.5 which is chalk and cheese in my book. Even with good settings in 5.1, the Sabreliner looks and behaves like a totally different animal and not a patch on 4.5

We will be releasing an upgrade for the Sabreliner once the dust has settled and we can assess what work is needed where.

But please do not expect very much to be done on the basis of that video, it is flawed and of no use to us. All he had to do was contact us before, to check on some of the "issues" he encountered. Perhaps his opinion might have been a little different. Oh well, that's life.

Thank you for the insight. It seems there are still some concerns regarding system implementation beyond what was featured by that one user in the video - see comments throughout the rest of that Avsim thread. In addition to those, do you have any thoughts on the reviews present on Simmarket?
    I understand that you are still taking stock of issues that are not due to user ignorance, but it seems there may be some valid concerns expressed outside of the video. If you can share insight as to if real world Sabreliner pilots (or pilots familiar with similar aircraft) tested this addon, that would be great to know.

As a still-interested customer who uses P3Dv4.5, I'm happy to see responsiveness on behalf of a developer and continued support of this platform. I will be eagerly waiting to see what updates come to the surface. In my use of other AH products in the past, I personally find much of the texture work to be generally overly vibrant / too high contrast (almost cartoony looking) when compared to texture work from somewhere like Carenado or Alabeo, but the rest of the model usually makes up for it. The Lockheed Electra Model 10A that's now default with P3D is a favorite in any case and gets regular use. This is just a personal observation that I know is shared by a handful of others, but I don't mean to be overly critical or negative in light of the fact that you are offering aircraft that are still of high quality overall, that no-one else will touch, and in keeping in mind that my observations are a matter of personal taste. (everyone has an opinion...)

With all of this said, pending updates, I may spring for this one as private jet of this era has been a desire for a while.

Thanks again for the insight you've shared so far, and thank you for all of the addons you've provided to the community.

We will be doing an update but I have to say that I was very disappointed with the Avsim review. For one thing, his P3D (appeared to be V5.1) was very poorly setup for graphics. His comments about the "blandness" are unfounded due to his graphics settings. I saw no light modeling at all on the exterior shots.The exteriors are full PBR and have very good, subtle features in the paint work, none of which was showing in his video. Going to 1024 textures was completely unnecessary as he appears to have a much higher end system than the one we used to produce this product!

In the cockpit, his graphic settings were so bad, none of the 3D gauge paint modeling showed up and he ignored the lighting rheostats at night. He had not read the manual properly so was guessing a lot of the stuff. In my opinion, NOT a valid review. Whether people buy or not on the basis of reviews like this is of little concern to me. What does annoy me is when our products are not presented properly.

I, personally, do not use 5.1 because of what they have done to the lighting engine. I use 4.5 which is chalk and cheese in my book. Even with good settings in 5.1, the Sabreliner looks and behaves like a totally different animal and not a patch on 4.5

We will be releasing an upgrade for the Sabreliner once the dust has settled and we can assess what work is needed where.

But please do not expect very much to be done on the basis of that video, it is flawed and of no use to us. All he had to do was contact us before, to check on some of the "issues" he encountered. Perhaps his opinion might have been a little different. Oh well, that's life.

Thankyou for your kind words Sean, much appreciated. If you are using 4.5 I can definitely promise you a better result than that shown in the "review"video.

As for systems, we have never set out to make a "deep-systems" range of products and never will. it is not our bag and we believe many of our customers just enjoy the sim and what it has to offer on a casual basis. That is our target market and always has been. So no, you won't find systems-rich content in the Sabreliner but you will find a high level of functionality nonetheless and there is a lot of custom code in there.

The package has been tested by real world Sabreliner pilots with many hours on type. One such very-experienced Sabreliner pilot assisted us with fine-tuning the flight model and "passed" the package as realistic. He found the Sabreliner to be a rewarding experience and enjoyed our rendition very much. We learned a lot from him, especially how raw the design is compared to more modern machinery and gained a better understanding of flying these early jets.

We will take some of the comments on board and as I have stated, we will be producing an upgrade once we have everything sorted.

On the buy list but another natural disaster to ruin our plans (floods) so on hold. Only comment about systems rich. Most sim folk have no idea how hideously complex this can become with gauges and coding and you hit the limitations of everybody's SDK because as well we all know some elements or systems were never modelled for the main sim engines in the first place (peculiar engine configs especially, hydraulics, electrical and turbines)- so you can fudge a something like it but not the real thing! Besides who want to go to a four week ground school and read 600 pages of manual to go have some fun in the sim (Well sometimes if your really bored and serious)

We've got away with it where we are, for once. A lot of rain but no serious flooding. You guys really copped it down there. Hope you are OK.

A couple of days of relatively normal rain showers here on the Peninsula but quite heavy further into East Gippsland and around Mallacoota, some flooding inland around Lakes Entrance but we dodged the bullet.
    Hope you are feet dry Bendy.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Members who have read this thread: 1