Legacy Aircraft - Page 7
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: Legacy Aircraft

Couple of port-overs that work quite well.

JF Zero

Gauges are 3d, so are OK. Internal canopy glass needed lightening.

Classic Wings Sopwith Camel

All gauges 3d. Windscreen needed a texture. Flight model - unflyable! Had to do some serious butchery to get it flying (Sorry Pam!).

A2A J3

A2A P47D

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A2A_J3_01.jpg   A2A_J3_02.jpg   A2A_P47_01.jpg   A2A_P47_02.jpg   A2A_P47_03.jpg  
    Last edited by beercan; November 26th, 2020 at 07:54.

If a payware app that does the conversion process becomes available, I'd buy it! NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    If a payware app that does the conversion process becomes available, I'd buy it! NC
    Legacy converter works really well these days however, port-overs will remain limited with various non-solvable issues.

Test release of WP-3D version 0.9

Test release of WP-3D version 0.9 (size 187MB/644MB)
    This model has been re-edited and refurbished in GMAX for MSFS. However, it does not have the same gimmick as the conventional model.
    Since it is intended to be merged with Beechcraft VC, this model has two of the four engines dummy. In a sense, it will be a dedicated model, so it is better not to use it in FSX or P3D.
    In the future, when MSFS has four turboprop engines, these P-3s may be edited again.
    As for the sounds, the sounds of C-130BASE of P3DV4 is specified in layout.json. This sounds is not included in the package, so please prepare and install it yourself. If you do not have this sound files, please apply another sound files.
    Includes a cockpit red ambient effect and an effect that enhances the ground reflection of the navigation light, which does not exist by default.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...LL?usp=sharing

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp-3d_mcdill.jpg  

Paul's Duck works reasonably well, although it is very nosedown in the water, and I can pull the gear up, but not get it down..

jk9036

jk9033

jk9050

Also strange, on Murphy's duck the wings are very shiny, but not on the USNavy one?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

If you're talking about lowering the gear while you're on water, that's a known issue - the Icon has the same problem.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by kbt View Post
    Test release of WP-3D version 0.9 (size 187MB/644MB)
    This model has been re-edited and refurbished in GMAX for MSFS. However, it does not have the same gimmick as the conventional model.
    Since it is intended to be merged with Beechcraft VC, this model has two of the four engines dummy. In a sense, it will be a dedicated model, so it is better not to use it in FSX or P3D.
    In the future, when MSFS has four turboprop engines, these P-3s may be edited again.
    As for the sounds, the sounds of C-130BASE of P3DV4 is specified in layout.json. This sounds is not included in the package, so please prepare and install it yourself. If you do not have this sound files, please apply another sound files.
    Includes a cockpit red ambient effect and an effect that enhances the ground reflection of the navigation light, which does not exist by default.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...LL?usp=sharing

For those who have already installed this model.
    There are changes to each coordinate of the light. Please change to the following contents.

systems.cfg

[LIGHTS]

lightdef.0 = Type:6#Index:0#LocalPosition:29.0,-0.70,-2.2#LocalRotation:-12,0,0#EffectFile:LIGHT_ASOBO_Landing#Node:#Potent iometerIndex:1#EmMesh:LIGHT_ASOBO_Taxi;
    lightdef.1 = Type:6#Index:0#LocalPosition:29.0,0.70,-2.2#LocalRotation:-12,0,0#EffectFile:LIGHT_ASOBO_Landing#Node:#Potent iometerIndex:1#EmMesh:LIGHT_ASOBO_Taxi;
    lightdef.2 = Type:5#Index:0#LocalPosition:-4.8,-25.00,0.50#LocalRotation:-10,0,0#EffectFile:LIGHT_ASOBO_Landing#Node:#Potent iometerIndex:1#EmMesh:LIGHT_ASOBO_Landing ;
    lightdef.3 = Type:5#Index:0#LocalPosition:-4.8,25.00,0.50#LocalRotation:-10,0,0#EffectFile:LIGHT_ASOBO_Landing#Node:#Potent iometerIndex:1#EmMesh:LIGHT_ASOBO_Landing ;
    lightdef.4 = Type:13#Index:0#LocalPosition:31.57,-0.40,4.970#LocalRotation:0,0,0#EffectFile:LIGHT_AS OBO_CockpitMinimalAmbiant_red#Node:#PotentiometerI ndex:1#EmMesh:LIGHT_ASOBO_CockpitMinimalAmbiant_re d;
    lightdef.5 = Type:13#Index:0#LocalPosition:31.57,0.40,4.970#Loc alRotation:0,0,0#EffectFile:LIGHT_ASOBO_CockpitMin imalAmbiant_red#Node:#PotentiometerIndex:1#EmMesh: LIGHT_ASOBO_CockpitMinimalAmbiant_red;
    lightdef.6 = Type:3#Index:0#LocalPosition:-0.30,-51.9,4.36#LocalRotation:0,-30,30#EffectFile:LIGHT_ASOBO_NavigationRed_int02#N ode:#PotentiometerIndex:1#EmMesh:LIGHT_ASOBO_Navig ationRed_int02;
    lightdef.7 = Type:3#Index:0#LocalPosition:-0.30,51.9,4.36#LocalRotation:0,30,-30#EffectFile:LIGHT_ASOBO_NavigationGreen_int02#No de:#PotentiometerIndex:1#EmMesh:LIGHT_ASOBO_Naviga tionGreen_int02;
    lightdef.8 = Type:13#Index:0#LocalPosition:22.07,1.00,4.270#Loc alRotation:0,0,0#EffectFile:LIGHT_ASOBO_CockpitMin imalAmbiantLarge#Node:#PotentiometerIndex:1#EmMesh :LIGHT_ASOBO_CockpitMinimalAmbiantLarge;
    lightdef.9 = Type:13#Index:0#LocalPosition:22.07,-1.00,4.270#LocalRotation:0,0,0#EffectFile:LIGHT_AS OBO_CockpitMinimalAmbiantLarge#Node:#Potentiometer Index:1#EmMesh:LIGHT_ASOBO_CockpitMinimalAmbiantLa rge;
    lightdef.10 = Type:13#Index:0#LocalPosition:22.07,2.00,4.270#Loc alRotation:0,0,0#EffectFile:LIGHT_ASOBO_CockpitMin imalAmbiantLarge#Node:#PotentiometerIndex:1#EmMesh :LIGHT_ASOBO_CockpitMinimalAmbiantLarge;
    lightdef.11 = Type:13#Index:0#LocalPosition:22.07,-2.00,4.270#LocalRotation:0,0,0#EffectFile:LIGHT_AS OBO_CockpitMinimalAmbiantLarge#Node:#Potentiometer Index:1#EmMesh:LIGHT_ASOBO_CockpitMinimalAmbiantLa rge;
    lightdef.12 = Type:1#Index:0#LocalPosition:-16.59,0.0,-1.8#LocalRotation:0,0,0#EffectFile:LIGHT_ASOBO_Bea conTop#Node:#PotentiometerIndex:1#EmMesh:LIGHT_ASO BO_BeaconTop ;
    lightdef.13 = Type:1#Index:0#LocalPosition:-22.31,0.0,10.4#LocalRotation:0,0,0#EffectFile:LIGH T_ASOBO_BeaconTop#Node:#PotentiometerIndex:1#EmMes h:LIGHT_ASOBO_BeaconTop ;
    lightdef.14 = Type:2#Index:0#LocalPosition:-16.59,0.0,-1.7#LocalRotation:90,0,0#EffectFile:LIGHT_ASOBO_St robeSimple#Node:#PotentiometerIndex:1#EmMesh:LIGHT _ASOBO_StrobeSimple ;
    lightdef.15 = Type:2#Index:0#LocalPosition:-22.31,0.0,10.3#LocalRotation:-90,0,0#EffectFile:LIGHT_ASOBO_StrobeSimple#Node:#P otentiometerIndex:1#EmMesh:LIGHT_ASOBO_StrobeSimpl e ;
    lightdef.16 = Type:2#Index:0#LocalPosition:-16.59,0.0,-1.7#LocalRotation:-90,0,0#EffectFile:LIGHT_ASOBO_StrobeSimple#Node:#P otentiometerIndex:1#EmMesh:LIGHT_ASOBO_StrobeSimpl e ;
    lightdef.17 = Type:2#Index:0#LocalPosition:-22.31,0.0,10.3#LocalRotation:90,0,0#EffectFile:LIG HT_ASOBO_StrobeSimple#Node:#PotentiometerIndex:1#E mMesh:LIGHT_ASOBO_StrobeSimple ;

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    If you're talking about lowering the gear while you're on water, that's a known issue - the Icon has the same problem.
    no, the gear won't come down at all (yet), but who wants to land anyway?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by beercan View Post
    A2A P47D
    mm, no luck with the P-47 on my end...how did you do it?

The P-36 however works just fine
    jk9116

jk9117

jk9140

jk9141

With a little work

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VS_P36_02.jpg   VS_P36_01.jpg  

With hard work

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AS_OV10B_01.jpg   AS_OV10B_02.jpg  

With even more work

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AS_DHC6_01.jpg   AS_DHC6_02.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by beercan View Post
    With hard work

Beercan,

Would you mind telling us the hard work you put into this to make it work? I would love to have the Bronco in the sim!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

I'd smack my own brother (if I had one) to get something with that kind of visibility!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

the twotter looks nice aswell

Stearman

have one of my Favorite back
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms.jpg  

I have a few aircraft that I tried to bring to MSFS that have very shiny or opaque windows. Does anyone know a solution? I was unsuccessful so far..

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    I have a few aircraft that I tried to bring to MSFS that have very shiny or opaque windows. Does anyone know a solution? I was unsuccessful so far..
    I've fixed a few, either by replacing the transparent glass texture with one known to work, or by setting the material to 'default transparent' in MCX.
    Or by editing the DDS alpha channel directly in gimp/paint.net

Which are you having problems with?

Cheers
    Keith

the Aerosoft PBY Catalina and the A2A Corsair for starters.
    I'm especially missing the Catalina...

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    the Aerosoft PBY Catalina and the A2A Corsair for starters.
    I'm especially missing the Catalina...
    The Catalina I've done, it's very nice in MSFS especially the older military variant, maybe a little underpowered which can be fixed in the aircraft.cfg.
    I think I replaced the glass texture with one I knew worked but it was quite a while ago and I'm away from home for a few days.
    I can check tuesday...
    Cheers
    Keith

The Flight Replicas Bf-109G converts quite nicely:
    jk9370

jk9372

and although the FR B-24 looks very nice, I could not get the engines to start...
    But the old Alphasim B-24 did start. No instruments however..

jk9357

jk9355

and the Vertigo P8F seems to work well, but with very dull textures..
    jk9385

jk9346

and although the FR B-24 looks very nice, I could not get the engines to start..
    Did you make a runway.flt file for it?
    I did and all four engines run fine for me.
    Seems to me there is a lot of duplication in the texture folders, going to look into using textures.cfg's to address that - had to create one for each of your B-24D repaints

The BF-109G just has one panel blemish - the ball is crossed out...would be nice to be rid of that.

Cheers
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    Did you make a runway.flt file for it?
    I have no idea what you mean?
    Mind you, I can paint a bit, but when it comes to the modelling part, I know next to nothing..

a few more I have flying:
    Dave's Mosquito minus the instruments
    jk9457

and Milton's Marauder, minus instrument panel and minus the crew
    jk9426

still, looks nice..

Members who have read this thread: 8