Favorite GA single or twin ships
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite GA single or twin ships

members+
    Fighter Fanatic

Favorite GA single or twin ships

As the title says, I'd like to know what people think their favorite or two favorite single or twin engine GA ships are.

I'm curious as to what people use in FSX, and it can be normally aspirated and turbocharged; generally don't care for turboprops but if you have one and have the urge to share it, go ahead.

Just love to learn and see what people.like driver, we, fly.... 😁😃 Add a screenshot if you'd like, I love picture books as I can't read. 😆
    Taildragger Pilot

Keep on Flyin'

Ryzen 5 2600
    RX 580 8GB DDR5 OC Armor
    8 GB DDR4 2400
    Dedicated SSD for Win10
    Dedicated SSD for FSX:SE

For me it's the Realair Lancair Legacy, which is no longer available. in lieu of that, I also enjoy the Lionheart Revolution Tango 2 Also the lionheart Q200 and Tailwind. Then there are all of Milton Shupe's Lodestar's and Howards and Manfred Jahn's C-47 if you like round engines. If you like boxers, there's Milton's Aero Commanders and a bunch of planes I have from Alabeo and Carendo. Rob Richardson has some cool GA planes as well. There's just so many to choose from, it's hard to pick. For me, it's about what type of flying I'm doing at any one time that determine's what I'm going to fly. Next up for me is Dino's Typhoon, but that definitely isn't GA! The Pics are of the Tango 2 and the GAS Finch.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-6-18_22-30-33-674.jpg   2019-7-4_23-10-2-190.jpg  

Realair SF 260

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eivn7rtRT8s

In my opinion this one stands Head and Shoulders above all others .

Cheers
    Karol

members+
    Fighter Fanatic
    The Marchetti is one of my favorite ships, too. 😃
    Taildragger Pilot

Keep on Flyin'

Ryzen 5 2600
    RX 580 8GB DDR5 OC Armor
    8 GB DDR4 2400
    Dedicated SSD for Win10

A favorite of mine (as far as reciprocating engines go) is Rob Richardson's Cessna 310B. Great overall quality and a fun aircraft to fly either by yourself or with friends.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C310B 1.jpg   C310B 2.jpg  

While the RealAir aircraft are pretty awesome, they are, unfortunately no longer available for purchase.

My favorites tend to be GA and Military Props.
    As noted, all of Milton Shupe's planes (the S2F series and A-26 being particular favorites)
    A2A aircraft, I've been finding myself flying mostly the Cherokee (cause I used to own one), the P-40, and the T-6, and Piper Cub but I'll be working my way through the others... I love these because they are the closest to hopping in the real thing systems wise from soup to nuts.
    The Wozza T-6 was another favorite before I got the A2A version..
    I like the Carenado planes as well, flying mostly the C-185 Bush plane, the T-34 (still fun even though it's old by today's standards), and the Archer...
    I still like the Aerosoft Beaver, just because I love the Beaver. I haven't purchased the MilViz one yet, don't know if it's better.
    The Flysim Cessna 402C when I want to fly CapeAir in Boston VATC
    I'll also fly the Carenado Kingairs if I feel like Turboprop
    The Razbam T-2C and Ant's T-28 for Carrier training (along with the S2F)

There's a bunch of others, but those have been my main rides...

members+
    Fighter Fanatic
    That 310B looks cool! Gotta check that out!
    Taildragger Pilot

Keep on Flyin'

Ryzen 5 2600
    RX 580 8GB DDR5 OC Armor
    8 GB DDR4 2400
    Dedicated SSD for Win10

I like Milton Shupe's Aero Commanders a lot, the Flight Replica Super Cubs and the Sibwing Saab Safir...but most of the Carenado's have found a place in my hangar as well as have the GAS planes..

By th way, that Baytowers RV-7 in your signature and the Vertigo RV-8 are nice too

Anthony “Aussie Ant” Lynch's DH82 Tigermoth., Samdesigns Cap 10B, PWDT Zlin Z-43 and Z-42, Milton Shupe's DH80, Spartan, Beech's and Aero Commanders, Dave Garwoods' Auster, just released Avro 621. etc -so much good freeware GA out there.... why pay for payware

LOL, just went and grabbed the Tango 2. I hadn't seen it. I still love Bill Lyon's Apache. A friend tweaked it for P3D4 for me. MDL files were beyond my expertise...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018-8-24_11-56-32-641.jpg   2018-8-24_11-56-32-641.jpg  

Single - The old Tri-Pacer/Pacer by LHC
    Twin - Aero Commander by Milton and Real Air Beech Piston Duke

While not the fanciest aircraft, my go-to GA aircraft are Ant's Tiger moth or the Carecado F-33 Bonanza.

I figure, these are both solid aircraft and would be what I would fly if I could.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

My favorites, divided by freeware and payware:

Payware: A2A Piper Cub with Accu-sim, Carenado Cessna 185 bush plane (with FDE by Bernt Stolle).

Freeware: LDR Navion and Mallard, Manfred's C-47, Dave Garwood's Dragon Rapide, Flight 1 Cessna 162, Ant's Tiger Moth, Mario's Piaggio P-180...

I think that's it for GA.

American Champion 7KCAB Citabria N88529 by RealAir. Light GA.

Socata Tobago TB-850 N658BL by Carenado. GA Fast Mover.

Beechcraft B60T Duke VH-RIN by RealAir. Go to GA twin.

I know RealAir are almost impossible to find but I've had mine for a long time, and the question was about favourites.

Cessna C195 'BusinessLiner' by Alabeo. GA Classic.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I'm another who likes the A2A Cub, Ant's Tiger Moth and the recent Avro Tutor. The GAS De Havilland DH 60 Moth and Stearman and the Just Flight Chipmunk are favourites too, as is the CR-1 Aeronca Champion.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Usually I fly warbirds (especially jet warbirds) but when I do go GA it's usually Alabeo's Staggerwing or AH's Globe Swift if I'm single, FSD's Skymaster or Milton's Lodestar if I'm in a twin. (I would love a Beech Starship. I thought someone was doing a payware version for FSX but I haven't heard any news in a while.)

Thomas Röhl's T206H Soloy Turbines. Brilliant models.

For singles, my fave is the KC Flight Shop Republic Seabee.

Twin favs are Carenado Cessna C337 and Aeroplane Heaven L-10A.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Moses03 View Post
    For singles, my fave is the KC Flight Shop Republic Seabee.

Twin favs are Carenado Cessna C337 and Aeroplane Heaven L-10A.

Kevin
    OOh! I love float planes... But what happened to KC Flight Shop's website? I get a directory listing of their cgibin...

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    But what happened to KC Flight Shop's website? I get a directory listing of their cgibin...
    Hmm, don't know why it went offline.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses03 View Post
    Hmm, don't know why it went offline.
    You can still find it here:

https://www.aerosoft.com/en/kc-flight-shop/
    Joe Cusick

members+
    Fighter Fanatic
    Awesome stuff. That Seabee looks cool!
    Taildragger Pilot

Keep on Flyin'

Ryzen 5 2600
    RX 580 8GB DDR5 OC Armor
    8 GB DDR4 2400
    Dedicated SSD for Win10

Quote Originally Posted by guzzi View Post
    ....Milton Shupe's DH80....
    -so much good freeware GA out there.... why pay for payware
    I had forgotten about Milton's Puss Moth, it is not one of those recently converted to FSX native but went looking for it and found one converted by RobCap in 2010-that works well in V4, one or two cosmetic issues but it fly's great and is a keeper.
    Joe Cusick

Members who have read this thread: 0