HMS Bounty - FSX Native - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: HMS Bounty - FSX Native

Is anyone else using the beauty in P3Dv4? If so how are your frame rates? How about at 4x time compression?
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    Is anyone else using the beauty in P3Dv4? If so how are your frame rates? How about at 4x time compression?
    Joe,

Just wanted to double check with you on two things:

1) did you follow the special instructions for P3DV4 users and copy the panel.cfg over?:

ATTENTION P3DV4+ Users:

Copy the panel.cfg from the "P3DV4 Users" folder to the "Panel" folder to activate the 64-bit code.
    You may wish to rename the original before saving.

2) The 64-bit gauge requires the VS2015 Redistributable to be installed on the user PC .. See comment in the panel.cfg.

Did you read the comments in the panel.cfg?

// Dec. 30 2018:
    // Added AVM32/64 bit gauges and XMLSound64 gauge for P3Dv4
    // IMPORTANT: the AVM32/64 bit gauges requires the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable !!
    // Since the interface gauge (named AVM**.dll) between my XML gauge-code and FSX' SimConnect, is built with
    // Visual Studio 2015, it REQUIRES the presence of the library "Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable" on your PC.
    // Without this software library installed, the flightmodel WILL NOT work.
    // You can check this in Windows, under "Installed Programs". It should contain the entries:
    // - Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86)
    // and
    // - Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64).
    //
    // If not installed yet, you can download it here:
    //
    // https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=48145
    //
    // Works for WindowsXP-SP3 upto Windows10.
    // It's best to install both the .x86 and .x64 versions.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Joe,

Just wanted to double check with you on two things:

1) did you follow the special instructions for P3DV4 users and copy the panel.cfg over?: ...
    Hi Milton, thanks yes I did do that. I double checked I had the 2015 redistributes installed and I copied the new p3d panel into place. It works well at normal speed, as far as I can tell everything is working as it should, its just when I turn up time compression that things slow to a crawl. I have been beginning to suspect something is wrong with my setup and it may be time to rebuild it from scratch (too many addon's possibly), so I was asking if anyone else using V4 was having the same experience.

With most craft it would be fine, but at 7-10 kn my lack of patience gets the better of me.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

New install

I've just done a new install of the FSX native 2.0 version of the Bounty and am seeing a problem.

I also have the same problem with version FSX 1.2.

When I bring up the sail management window all looks good for about 6 seconds with the birds crying in the background.
    Then the sound changes so its not only birds but whale sounds as well.
    All the sail management switches start flipping on and off with the other switches locked out and not movable.

"Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable" (x86) & (x64) are both installed.
    FSUIPC is installed.

Rebooted the PC, no change.

I have HMS Victory installed and she sails with no problems.
    The same with the Bounty launch, no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    I've just done a new install of the FSX native 2.0 version of the Bounty and am seeing a problem.

I also have the same problem with version FSX 1.2.

When I bring up the sail management window all looks good for about 6 seconds with the birds crying in the background.
    Then the sound changes so its not only birds but whale sounds as well.
    All the sail management switches start flipping on and off with the other switches locked out and not movable.

"Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable" (x86) & (x64) are both installed.
    FSUIPC is installed.

Rebooted the PC, no change.

I have HMS Victory installed and she sails with no problems.
    The same with the Bounty launch, no issues.
    Hi, as I recall, and just tested, the switches start flipping after the red warning light has been on for 15-20 seconds.

This happens when your auto skipper is off and you manually select the sails or use the Master switch.
    When more sails are deployed than the high winds allow, damage occurs.
    The red light is a warning to decrease your sail square footage.
    If this is not done (and you are still in manual sail management mode), the red light flashes and the individual sail deployment switches flip up and down to indicate damage has occurred.
    You can quickly correct the situation and reset the red light by turning on Auto Skipper, or collapsing sails.

You may RESET by turning the auto skipper switch on/off, then redeploy the sails using auto skipper, the Master switch, or the individual sail switches.
    Be sure to deploy fewer sails if you have not decreased wind speeds.
    There is a sail/wind speed guide in the pdf manual in the Docs folder.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hi, as I recall, and just tested, the switches start flipping after the red warning light has been on for 15-20 seconds.

This happens when your auto skipper is off and you manually select the sails or use the Master switch.
    When more sails are deployed than the high winds allow, damage occurs.
    The red light is a warning to decrease your sail square footage.
    If this is not done (and you are still in manual sail management mode), the red light flashes and the individual sail deployment switches flip up and down to indicate damage has occurred.
    You can quickly correct the situation and reset the red light by turning on Auto Skipper, or collapsing sails.

You may RESET by turning the auto skipper switch on/off, then redeploy the sails using auto skipper, the Master switch, or the individual sail switches.
    Be sure to deploy fewer sails if you have not decreased wind speeds.
    There is a sail/wind speed guide in the pdf manual in the Docs folder.
    I took wind speed down to 0 kts. then restarted FSX.
    As soon as I chose the Bounty I opened the sail management window and found the sail switches turning on/off.
    The red light is on and the Auto Skipper switch will not move. Clicking on the Auto Skipper switch turns the red light off for a moment and then it goes back on.
    No sails are deployed or appear at all.
    The master switch will move from off to on but then goes back to off. No green light shows.

I downloaded a new 2.0 package and tried it, same problem.

I took wind speed down to 0 kts. then restarted FSX.
    As soon as I chose the Bounty I opened the sail management window and found the sail switches turning on/off.
    The red light is on and the Auto Skipper switch will not move. Clicking on the Auto Skipper switch turns the red light off for a moment and then it goes back on.
    No sails are deployed or appear at all.
    The master switch will move from off to on but then goes back to off. No green light shows.

I downloaded a new 2.0 package and tried it, same problem.
    Would you post a screen shot of the diagnostic window; shift+3
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Would you post a screen shot of the diagnostic window; shift+3
    Test Values.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg  

HMS Bounty...ready for takeoff! A little water would be nice!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Try loading the ship at W33, set some wind, weigh the anchor, then hit Auto Skipper.

Once the sails deploy, give me a screen shot of the diagnostic screen so it will show wind speed, direction and ship speed.
    That may give a clue to your issue; may not.

FYI, although they both worked not too long ago, since I shut down most apps and simplified my system, neither the FS9 or FSX Bounty nor HMS Victory work. LOL

I have archived most of my FS stuff and controllers so I may not figure this one out.

Not sure if any recent Win/10 updates may be affecting this.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Try loading the ship at W33, set some wind, weigh the anchor, then hit Auto Skipper.

Once the sails deploy, give me a screen shot of the diagnostic screen so it will show wind speed, direction and ship speed.
    That may give a clue to your issue; may not.

FYI, although they both worked not too long ago, since I shut down most apps and simplified my system, neither the FS9 or FSX Bounty nor HMS Victory work. LOL

I have archived most of my FS stuff and controllers so I may not figure this one out.

Not sure if any recent Win/10 updates may be affecting this.
    Moved to W33.
    Sail switches flipping on and off.
    Up anchored.
    Auto-skipper on.
    Now all sails appear and then go away as sail switches flip on and off.
    Screen shots taken with FSX paused.

Bounty has no forward speed as sails are not up long enough.
    I am on Win7.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3.jpg   4.jpg  

Are your FSX Realism settings at medium to High. Will not work on Easy.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Are your FSX Realism settings at medium to High. Will not work on Easy.
    I bumped flight model settings from medium to full right realistic, restarted FSX, no change.

I bumped flight model settings from medium to full right realistic, restarted FSX, no change.
    Sorry to hear that SH; at the moment, I am out of ideas; been away from FS and HMS Bounty for 18 months now.

But, if it's any consolation, neither my FS9 nor FSX Bountys work. The FS9 Bounty will not even pull up the Shift+1 and 3 windows.

They worked the last time I tried them, maybe 2-3 months ago (after I installed Win10 and both FS's) so it may be a win10 update that broke them.

Anyone else with ideas?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Sorry to hear that SH; at the moment, I am out of ideas; been away from FS and HMS Bounty for 18 months now.

But, if it's any consolation, neither my FS9 nor FSX Bountys work. The FS9 Bounty will not even pull up the Shift+1 and 3 windows.

They worked the last time I tried them, maybe 2-3 months ago (after I installed Win10 and both FS's) so it may be a win10 update that broke them.

Anyone else with ideas?
    Thanks very much for your help Milton. Last time I visited Bounty was about a year ago and all was fine.
    At least I have HMS Victory, thanks again for such a wonderful model.

Test Values.
    Hi,

The reason why you see the Bounty "crashing" in this situation, is because the ship is loaded when on land !!

Try this:
    - Load the Bounty as now (so it's sitting on land).
    - Slew, or re-position, the Bounty to a spot in the water.
    - And only THEN open the Sail Management window. (all controls, including the "in water" check won't be active untill that 2D-Window is opened the first time).

Alternatively (after the "crash" condition is detected and set):
    - Slew, or re-position, the Bounty into water.
    - Then 'reoad the aircraft' via the menu.

Does that solve the problem ???
    If so: you will have the same problem ('crashing') when you sail the Bounty (or Victory) into land surface after it has been working correctly . That's realism for you .....LoL

Cheers, Rob

PS:
    If that doesn't solve the problem:
    PM me your Email address, and I'll send you a new Testvalues gauge which visualises the "surface type" variable, as my gauges read it in FSX (because that causes the problem).

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    Hi,

The reason why you see the Bounty "crashing" in this situation, is because the ship is loaded when on land !!

Try this:
    - Load the Bounty as now (so it's sitting on land).
    - Slew, or re-position, the Bounty to a spot in the water.
    - And only THEN open the Sail Management window. (all controls, including the "in water" check won't be active untill that 2D-Window is opened the first time).

Alternatively (after the "crash" condition is detected and set):
    - Slew, or re-position, the Bounty into water.
    - Then 'reoad the aircraft' via the menu.

Does that solve the problem ???
    If so: you will have the same problem ('crashing') when you sail the Bounty (or Victory) into land surface after it has been working correctly . That's realism for you .....LoL

Cheers, Rob

PS:
    If that doesn't solve the problem:
    PM me your Email address, and I'll send you a new Testvalues gauge which visualises the "surface type" variable, as my gauges read it in FSX (because that causes the problem).

Hi Rob,
    Sorry to say there is still the same issue.
    I did an FSX restart, moved default aircraft over water, went to slew mode and then switched to the Bounty.
    Did a light touchdown and then went to the sail management window, immediately had dancing switches.

PM sent.

Hi Rob,
    Sorry to say there is still the same issue.
    I did an FSX restart, moved default aircraft over water, went to slew mode and then switched to the Bounty.
    Did a light touchdown and then went to the sail management window, immediately had dancing switches.

PM sent.
    Hi Tony,

Sorry, I don't understand the exact actions (and order of them) you are doing.
    Like 'moving a default aircraft over water', then go into slew mode and switch to the Bounty. And do a light touchdown ....

Please try this.
    - Create, or load an existing flight, with the Bounty. On any airport anywhere near the sea.
    - Go to Spotplane view, and set SLEW ON (and Pause OFF).
    - In Slew mode, move the Bounty to a spot anywhere in/above the sea.
    - Press F1, so the Bounty is now in the water.
    - Set Slew mode OFF.

Result:
    The Bounty is now floating in the water, visually 'wobbling' a bit (meaning it's floating on a water surface).
    Right ??

If so:
    - Now, select menu Aircraft - Select Aircraft - the Bounty 'aircraft'.
    - Just open the Sail Management 2D-window, and wait 20 sec or so.
    - No switches moving ???

If so:
    Save that flight and use it the next time.

Rob

Hi Tony,

Sorry, I don't understand the exact actions (and order of them) you are doing.
    Like 'moving a default aircraft over water', then go into slew mode and switch to the Bounty. And do a light touchdown ....

Please try this.
    - Create, or load an existing flight, with the Bounty. On any airport anywhere near the sea.
    - Go to Spotplane view, and set SLEW ON (and Pause OFF).
    - In Slew mode, move the Bounty to a spot anywhere in/above the sea.
    - Press F1, so the Bounty is now in the water.
    - Set Slew mode OFF.

Result:
    The Bounty is now floating in the water, visually 'wobbling' a bit (meaning it's floating on a water surface).
    Right ??

If so:
    - Now, select menu Aircraft - Select Aircraft - the Bounty 'aircraft'.
    - Just open the Sail Management 2D-window, and wait 20 sec or so.
    - No switches moving ???

If so:
    Save that flight and use it the next time.

Rob

Hi,
    My intent was to not have any Bounty in FSX memory before she touched the water.

I followed your instructions for creating a new flight, slewing Bounty to the water.
    With slew off and Bounty floating the sail management window was opened to dancing switches.
    No change after more then a minute. I then up-anchored, turned auto-skipper on
    and had sails flicking on and off in conjunction with the switches.

I then tried a saved flight with Bounty floating in the water, same results.

I have incorporated waiting for at least a minute after the sail management window is opened in all tests.

Can you tell my why HMS Victory works fine..?

Hi,
    My intent was to not have any Bounty in FSX memory before she touched the water.

I followed your instructions for creating a new flight, slewing Bounty to the water.
    With slew off and Bounty floating the sail management window was opened to dancing switches.
    No change after more then a minute. I then up-anchored, turned auto-skipper on
    and had sails flicking on and off in conjunction with the switches.

I then tried a saved flight with Bounty floating in the water, same results.

I have incorporated waiting for at least a minute after the sail management window is opened in all tests.

Can you tell my why HMS Victory works fine..?
    I'm stumped ...
    Because I use the same 'crash' code in the Victory as in the Bounty.

Last test, before I create some debug gauges:

You say that the Victory works fine.
    So try this:
    - Load a flight with the Victory in the water.
    - Open the Sail Management Window, but DO NOT TOUCH any of the switches.
    - Now wait about 30 seconds.
    - No Dancing switches ???

If so:
    - Now load the Bounty from the Aircraft - Select Aircraft menu.
    - Now wait 30 seconds again.
    - Are all the switches still stable OFF, or are they 'dancing' ?
    - And if they are 'dancing' : after how many sec. (appr. ) after you opened the Window does this occur ??

Rob

I'm stumped ...
    Because I use the same 'crash' code in the Victory as in the Bounty.

Last test, before I create some debug gauges:

You say that the Victory works fine.
    So try this:
    - Load a flight with the Victory in the water.
    - Now wait about 30 seconds.
    - No Dancing switches ???

If so:
    - Now load the Bounty from the Aircraft - Select Aircraft menu.
    - Now wait 30 seconds again.
    - Are all the switches still stable OFF, or are they 'dancing' ?
    - And if they are 'dancing' : after how many sec. (appr. ) after you opened the Window does this occur ??

Rob

I tried as you suggested.
    Slew Victory over and placed in the water.
    Opened sail management and then waited about a minute, no switches touched.
    All sail switches stayed stable in the off position.

Now selected the Bounty and had her floating in the water.
    As soon as the sail management window was opened the switches were moving, after no delay at all.

Tony

As soon as the sail management window was opened the switches were moving, after no delay at all.
    This is very helpfull info; it means that somehow there is something wrong with your current install of the Bounty V2.0 package on your PC.
    Because in the gauge that sets this 'crash' condition, there is a hard 20-sec delay; and that delay starts when the Sail Management window is opened.

Not sure yet what it is, but I'll send you an Email (to the address you PM'd me) with some other questions/suggestions.

Rob

This is very helpfull info; it means that somehow there is something wrong with your current install of the Bounty V2.0 package on your PC.
    Because in the gauge that sets this 'crash' condition, there is a hard 20-sec delay; and that delay starts when the Sail Management window is opened.

Not sure yet what it is, but I'll send you an Email (to the address you PM'd me) with some other questions/suggestions.

Rob
    I downloaded a new Bounty 2.0 package from SOH and installed.
    After a FSX restart I am seeing the same issues.

Members who have read this thread: 3