First to report - Epic LT 1.8 out now!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First to report - Epic LT 1.8 out now!

First to report - Epic LT 1.8 out now!

Yes, the Epic is back online!

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Epic_LT.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Question:

As I have customised and high-res interior textures, I am always wary of upgrading the rev for my Epic. For 1.8, can I keep all my interior DDS files that works for 1.7, especially around the panel area? Do I gain anything if I use 1.8 panel textures?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Another question:

Is the new G1000 still as FPS friendly as before? So far, Lionheart's is about the only complete glass system that can run on my 4-year-old PC with reasonable FPS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

JamesChams
    Its actually a G900 and Yes to all the above...
    I just updated mine and this http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...0&postcount=30

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Hey guys,

In this update, the Garmin surround bazel is upgraded, and a new nightmap for it has been created (glowing fonts on the face of the panel).

The NAV lights are also reverted back to stock illumination. Alot of people complained that the new NAV lights were to difficult to see, so I reset them to their original brightness.

Unfortunately, the manual has not been updated so for those buying it now, there is no manual. There is a simple ReadMe that comes with it, but thats it. I should have a revised manual (PDF file) out soon.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

I've been recently working overtime and haven't even had time to fly in my precious sim. So today I finally had a change to do a complete flight and I took my Epic on a trip to Alaska at pale moonlight. And it was as relaxing as it all gets out. Nothing's more soothing than listening that turbo prop buzzing and watching the moonlit mountains pass you by. Once again remembered why this is one of the best hobbies in the world.

SOH-CM-2014
    Nice shots Pekka..

I love flying at night in the sim as well. But man, with Alaska, you're missing out on all that beautiful scenery below. Unless its a full moon. :d

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Just discovered that the taxi light leaks through into the cabin. This problem may have existed long time ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For those in need of the optional larger fuel tank offered by Epic, here is what you can change in the "Aircraft.cfg" file under the [fuel] section.

Original:

[fuel]
    //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
    fuel_type = 2
    number_of_tank_selectors = 1
    electric_pump = 1

LeftMain = 0, -10, -1, 144, 0
    RightMain = 0, 10, -1, 144, 0

Extended range:

[fuel]
    //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
    fuel_type = 2
    number_of_tank_selectors = 1
    electric_pump = 1

LeftMain = 0, -8.228571429, -0.822857143, 175, 0 // Long range fuel tank installed:
    RightMain = 0, 8.228571429, -0.822857143, 175, 0 // 350 gal. total.

The coordinates have been proven to maintain the perfect balance of the plane.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    But man, with Alaska, you're missing out on all that beautiful scenery below. Unless its a full moon. :d

The trick to make great night flying is to set the time in winter and full moon. Scenery will look outstanding. I gotta say that Epic and Kodiak have some of the best night lightings in their VCs that I've seen. That ambient glow created by the glass panels looks very realistic

JamesChams

Question

Hey guys,

In this update, the Garmin surround bazel is upgraded, and a new nightmap for it has been created (glowing fonts on the face of the panel).

The NAV lights are also reverted back to stock illumination. Alot of people complained that the new NAV lights were to difficult to see, so I reset them to their original brightness.

Unfortunately, the manual has not been updated so for those buying it now, there is no manual. There is a simple ReadMe that comes with it, but thats it. I should have a revised manual (PDF file) out soon.

Bill
    Thanks Mr. Bill!

Could you do a A2A Shockwave Lights for the Epic LT (and even the Kodiak) variation?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesChams View Post
    Thanks Mr. Bill!

Could you do a A2A Shockwave Lights for the Epic LT (and even the Kodiak) variation?
    I include my light config settings with all my Epic repaints James but just in case they don't appeal to you my data is below:

[lights]

//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=logo 10=cabin

light.0 = 3, -1.99, -21.26, 0, fx_shockwave_navred //fx_navred
    light.1 = 3, -1.99, 21.31, 0, fx_shockwave_navgre //fx_navgre
    light.2 = 3, -23.65, 0, 7.31, fx_shockwave_navwhi //fx_navwhi
    light.3 = 3, -2.25, -21.31, 0.03, fx_shockwave_strobe //fx_strobe
    light.4 = 3, -2.25, 21.34, 0.05, fx_shockwave_strobe_2 //fx_strobe

light.5 = 5, -1.59, -21.06, 0, fx_shockwave_landing_light_small // landing light ball
    light.6 = 5, -1.59, 21.06, 0, fx_shockwave_landing_light_small // landing light ball

light.7 = 6, 8.00, 0.25, -2.0, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow_down_22// taxi light
    light.8 = 6, 8.00, -0.25, -2.0, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow_down_22// taxi light

light.9 = 7, -2.64, 0, 2.02, fx_vclight // pax cabin overhead
    light.10 = 7, -6.34, 0, 1.72, fx_vclight // pax cabin overhead
    light.11 = 2, 1.78, 0, 1.77, fx_vclight // cockpit overhead
    You will also need to add this line to the [vcockpit01] section of either the 'panel' panel.cfg file or the 'panel.ws' panel.cfg file depending on which panel you use:
    gauge09=shockwave_lights!SW Lights_taxi_gear, 1,1,1,1 //shockwave light
    I can't help you with the Kodiak as I don't have that aircraft....yet.
    Larry

JamesChams
    Thanks Mr. Larry "Tako_Kichi"!
    and Thank you Mr. Pekka "Bushpilot"!

SOH-CM-2014
    Thanks Wombat for the heads up on the taxi lights and the long range fuel tanks.

Can I post that on my news Blog?

That interior in your screenshot must be the one BananaRammaBob did. Those brochures on the table look brilliant!

Bill

Question for Lionheart

Hi Bill,
    Downloaded what I thought was version 1.8 from the link provided in the e-mail. When I run the installer, it says it's installing version 1.7. Re-downloaded the installer and have the same issue when running.
    Is there a separate 1.8 installer available, or is it just a typo in the current installer?
    Cheers,
    Dave

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveKDEN View Post
    Hi Bill,
    Downloaded what I thought was version 1.8 from the link provided in the e-mail. When I run the installer, it says it's installing version 1.7. Re-downloaded the installer and have the same issue when running.
    Is there a separate 1.8 installer available, or is it just a typo in the current installer?
    Hey Dave,

hmm... Thats odd. I may have missed a notation somewhere in the installer.

Can you create a Temp folder on your desktop, then run the installer and direct it to install to the Temp folder, then open the 'aircraft.cfg' file and read at the top. It should say Build 1.8.

Also, in the 'informations window' it will say Build 1.8 as well.

Bill

Bill,

If I run the texture re-sizer, will that mess up any of the new modifications made in the upgrade to 1.8? Thanks in advance!!

Hey Dave,

hmm... Thats odd. I may have missed a notation somewhere in the installer.

Can you create a Temp folder on your desktop, then run the installer and direct it to install to the Temp folder, then open the 'aircraft.cfg' file and read at the top. It should say Build 1.8.

Also, in the 'informations window' it will say Build 1.8 as well.

Bill
    Thanks Bill,
    Checked it out, says it's build 1.7 in the aircraft.cfg
    Cheers,
    Dave

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixthreeone View Post
    Bill,

If I run the texture re-sizer, will that mess up any of the new modifications made in the upgrade to 1.8? Thanks in advance!!
    Hey FelixThreeOne,

You should be fine. You can reduce the texture sizes and convert the 32bit textures to DXT3 or DDS 16bit DXT5.

Just make sure they are proper sizes of course; 1024, 512, 256...

Bill

Actually Bill i was referring to the lowres texture .exe you have for download on the Epic page ; I wasn't sure if that one would conflict since there are new panel lighting upgrades and so on...I definitely don't want to mess it up

Thanks Wombat for the heads up on the taxi lights and the long range fuel tanks.

Can I post that on my news Blog?

That interior in your screenshot must be the one BananaRammaBob did. Those brochures on the table look brilliant!
    Bill
    Yes, please post the fuel tank configs.

And yes, the interior is done by Bob. Pure luxury.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    Actually Bill i was referring to the lowres texture .exe you have for download on the Epic page ; I wasn't sure if that one would conflict since there are new panel lighting upgrades and so on...I definitely don't want to mess it up
    Ahhhh....

Roger. Sorry. Just go ahead and run the installer and then reinstall the new low rez texture sets again. Should be fine.

The only textures I changed besides one gauge texture was the lightmaps for the Garmins and some panel folder textures. The 'Pan2_L.bmp' was redone in the textures packs. (Only the 'texture' folder in FSX, all textures in FS2004).

If you want to, to play it safe, just run the installer to a Temp folder, and copy/paste out the 'aircraft.cfg' file, the 'pan2_L.bmp' file, the gauges CAB file, and the panel folder (full contents) and you are good to go.

Bill

Thanks for the reply, Bill! I am actually using it in FS2004...:ernae:

SOH-CM-2014
    Thanks for the reply, Bill! I am actually using it in FS2004...:ernae:
    FS9 FOREVER!!!!!

wooo hooooo!

:ernae:

EDIT: FSX is awesome too... :d

Members who have read this thread: 0