Spraying The Track...

Thread: Spraying The Track...

Thumbs up Spraying The Track...

Really?
    C'mon - give me a break....

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Really?
    C'mon - give me a break....

Every time they come up with another scheme to feed their greed they end up losing viewers and attendees. Wish they would go back to Bill Sr's rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Every time they come up with another scheme to feed their greed they end up losing viewers and attendees. Wish they would go back to Bill Sr's rules!
    Off topic but...
    Being someone that likes to dabble with the briar every now and then, I like that avatar of yours!

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Yep. The broadcast announcers were discussing that on Sunday. They likened it to the grooming of baseball field and horse racing tracks. I think racing was just fine before the application of the sticky stuff, maybe NASCAR needs to look at the tires, cars and track designs if they want more side-by-side racing.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Back in the 60's - 70's before all the pointless rules a car might win by several laps, being close together was not required. A fast car trying to pass a slower car who did not want to be passed gave us the excitement. But of course what really opened the gates was the fist fight in 79, so some fisticuffs without penalties may be their answer.

If they want side by side racing, then spray the high groove up to the wall....add some grip to the marbles areas...

Icon13

Having finally returned from a wet couple of months of European bike racing I do enjoy NASCAR 'comedy'.

The IOM was a disappointment weather wise, two weeks of rain delayed practice and testing, contributing to three race deaths.
    However, the racing was epic as usual.
    The riders who raced were not just the ones who were courageous, Guy Martin withdrew from the Senior as he decided 5 laps on an unfamiliar superbike was courting disaster.
    It takes a big set to say that publicly, especially as he managed to take P2 in the Zero category, and that with 100+MPH average speeds!
    We followed up with a wet Dutch MotoGP at Assen, again with great racing and 'just because we could' rode to the Sachsenring for a damp German MotoGP.
    Nary a sign of adding a sticky surface at all events!

NASCAR..........
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Members who have read this thread: 0