Dash 7 For FSX?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dash 7 For FSX?

Dash 7 For FSX?

I have looked all over the place...Does anyone know if the excellent Dash 7 by Milton Shupe has been released for FSX? Thanks,

Steve in Kansas

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your interest. Unfortunately there will be no Dash 7 built true FSX by this team. However, if anyone wishes to redo it as a true FSX project, the Gmax source is available.

We do have an impending FSX compatible (port-over/pre-SP2/DX10) version near completion using all new gauges.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Wow, it looks good !
    Personnaly I don't really care if it a port-over or a native model, as long as the port-over has not so much impact on the FPS. Since your Howard 500, your Spartan and your D18s had almost no impact at all, I'm pretty confident about your Dash

That model was like a simming milestone to me. One of those aircraft that really captures the spirit.. makes ya think you're really sitting in the cockpit, with some serious attention needed, on your part, as pilot. :ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Hi Steve,

Thanks for your interest. Unfortunately there will be no Dash 7 built true FSX by this team. However, if anyone wishes to redo it as a true FSX project, the Gmax source is available.

We do have an impending FSX compatible (port-over/pre-SP2/DX10) version near completion using all new gauges.
    Thanks for the reply...The new model looks great...You guys never disappoint...Keep up the good work!

Steve

Awesome!! A port over is just as good in my book!

A try at a ported, native FSX model would be nice in order to learn some basics in FSX animations and texturing, but the first big problem for me is getting a GMax source model into 3DS Max without a hitch...

The skills learned will surely prove beneficial for my Do-328...

Videre Vincere Est

Cool

Hi Steve,

Wohoo!:ernae:

That would be so great.
    Great fan of the plane since i flew in one.

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Wow, it looks good !
    Personnaly I don't really care if it a port-over or a native model, as long as the port-over has not so much impact on the FPS. Since your Howard 500, your Spartan and your D18s had almost no impact at all, I'm pretty confident about your Dash
    I've been flying the dash-7 in fsx for some time now and frankly, it's awesome. frame hits are not a problem at all.. with these updates i'm certain it will remain a non problem and it'll continue to be a very wonderful aircraft to fly..

Prop Disks in FSX?

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    I've been flying the dash-7 in fsx for some time now and frankly, it's awesome. frame hits are not a problem at all.. with these updates i'm certain it will remain a non problem and it'll continue to be a very wonderful aircraft to fly..
    Have you been able to change the prop circles to look better in FSX? I get really strange ones...Thanks

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by LTCSZ View Post
    Have you been able to change the prop circles to look better in FSX? I get really strange ones...Thanks

Steve
    Steve,

Try changing the alpha channel color to 10,10,10 (near black) to make it mostly transparent. Up/down to suit your tastes. I do not have FSX so I cannot validate this.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Steve,

Try changing the alpha channel color to 10,10,10 (near black) to make it mostly transparent. Up/down to suit your tastes. I do not have FSX so I cannot validate this.
    I'm afraid you are talking way above my pay grade! Don't have the slightest idea how to do what you are suggesting! (Probably a Senior Moment thing!) I think I'll wait for the ported version of my favorite plane...Thanks again,

Steve

Someone here has a working Dash 7 spinprop.bmp and hopefully they will share it with you.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

ncooper
    Hello,

Someone here has a working Dash 7 spinprop.bmp and hopefully they will share it with you
    I can offer you these for FSX SP2
    Unfortunately I can't stop them being obscured by the clouds,that's in the model,I think.

http://www.ncooper00.force9.co.uk/Ai...20textures.zip

I can also offer a panel.cfg for the VC version which doesn't produce the gauge error messages but not until I have permission.

Regards,
    Nick Cooper

Got 'Em

Just downloaded the textures...Many thanks!

Steve

Always enjoy a flight in Milt's D-7 ! Good stuff!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

I've been trying to find an FSX-friendly panel for this plane. Any ideas? BTW Milton, thanks for all your work. I have enjoyed the AC500, Howard 500 and Spartan tremendously - they are absolutely outstanding!

Berlopez
    Hi there...Long time I haven't visited here. had a terrible experience with my FSX SP2 somedays ago, ported over a plane from another forum and unfortunately I followed install intructions and didn't follow my gut. I said put simobjects folder, coming in the download after unzipped, into main FSX folder. Well...what happened... All my simobjects dissapeared. I then found the folder at the bottom of the FSX tree, Root folder And stupidly tried to move it back to its' original position, when dissaster!:faint:I dropped it . tried to restart the sim, but then of course it couldn't find any default planes to start with in any default flight. Then checked my stock of planes and all default planes were missing the .air file.

Today I did a repair installation and have managed to start it up again, but now most of my addons are missing the .air file.

The point here being I've been trying to reinstall Miltons' Dash 7 for FSX,( Dash 7 vcmdla) have managed so far. But still have the gauges issue when it loads... And I can't find a single of the gauges in the panel .cfg to (//) in front of them so they don't show at the beggining of loading. can anyone assist? I know this might be an old topic, Indulge me please.

Milton,

any chance of a version for SP2/accel?

I really enjoyed flying the ice patrol dash 7 in FS9.

-G-

Quote Originally Posted by Berlopez View Post
    I then found the folder at the bottom of the FSX tree, Root folder And stupidly tried to move it back to its' original position, when dissaster!:faint:I dropped it .
    ...into another folder or what?

Ever tried to do a search for SimObjects via CTRL+F and recover your old folder?

Quote Originally Posted by Lateral-G View Post
    Milton,

any chance of a version for SP2/accel?

I really enjoyed flying the ice patrol dash 7 in FS9.

-G-
    Thanks all of you for the nice comments. Unfortunately, my 7-year old computer barely handles gmax and FS9 and that cannot be rectified anytime soon.

I have offered the gmax source to anyone who wishes to do a native FSX SP2 version but no takers.

Also, our texture artist has been tied down with RW concerns so the new FS9/FSX portover version is on hold.

If anyone here who has the Dash 7 components working (as well as they can) in FSX, I have no issue with you sharing your working solutions.

When/If we can get the new textures and paint kit available, I will gladly release a nicer Dash 7 for FS9/FSX(port).
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I have offered the gmax source to anyone who wishes to do a native FSX SP2 version but no takers.
    Man, I already have plenty to work on, but I always did like the Dash 7. I might have to think about this...
    Regards,
    Robert

You think about it ... if interested ... PM me.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Berlopez
    I can only say I suppose so, "bang on my head" When I looked inside the neighbouring folders I didn't find any simobjects, they had all spread all over the FSX root folder " bang again on my head" Now I managed yesterday to run a repair and that did the trick. Except some of my .air files are missing on mu addons, but I can recover those easily, by unzipping again to a temp and c/p from in there...

Quote Originally Posted by Berlopez View Post
    I can only say I suppose so, "bang on my head" When I looked inside the neighbouring folders I didn't find any simobjects, they had all spread all over the FSX root folder " bang again on my head" Now I managed yesterday to run a repair and that did the trick. Except some of my .air files are missing on mu addons, but I can recover those easily, by unzipping again to a temp and c/p from in there...
    When I did a repair it created a folder with all the airfiles etc in. trouble is I can't remember where it placed them?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine