Introducing the Avia 51 - Page 37
Page 37 of 58 FirstFirst ... 27293031323334353637383940414243444547 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Avia 51

I am uploading a corrected Avia 51 FSX version to my site for the missing textures.

I also corrected the autopilot function.

Should be ready within 30 minutes.

EDIT: Revised Avia 51 for FSX now loaded and ready for download from my website.

For those already having the FSX installed with the SCW texture that would like a corrected aircraft.cfg for the Autopilot function, it is attached.
    Otherwise download the latest version that includes the SCW version and the corrected aircraft.cfg AP function.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    I just put these pages up on my website as an alternate reference and download site:

Avia 56: http://www.flightsimonline.com/Avia56/ (Download not available until after the beta)

Avia 51: http://www.flightsimonline.com/Avia51/
    Oh my Milton, that Avia 56 is gorgeous!!! :salute:

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Oh my Milton, that Avia 56 is gorgeous!!! :salute:
    Thank you Sir :-)

She is out for beta testing now. Hopefully we can get her out by the end of the week.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Things pretty hectic the last few days...

Attachment 61760 Attachment 61761

Attachment 61762 Attachment 61763 Attachment 61764

Recording some rare wildlife sounds in the Amazon Rainforest, dash up to Cheb to oversee the finishing touches to Avia 51 'Olympic Flame' then on down to the Southern Hemisphere to put the final trim on the Avia 51 'Seaplane Safaries Ltd' for our fine New Zealand Gentlemen flyers.

Keeps you on your toes, but Milton's Avia masterpieces are such a pleasure to work on.

Now, quick ouzo with you guys and I'm gone...'someone' fancied flights around Lake Nakuru, Africa...never could refuse an offer like that!
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

glad to see ya about buddy :salute:

fine looking screenshots (despite it being the heathen-sim)...

ouzo? count me in! "Yiamas!"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    glad to see ya about buddy :salute:

fine looking screenshots (despite it being the heathen-sim)...

ouzo? count me in! "Yiamas!"
    Only the first one!
    9 forgot to include jungle and rreal rriver wata.

You thought it was more than one 'illegal' pic cos you's already been gulpin' 'ouzaki'...

...ampt ya?(!)

"Yiamas!"

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    You thought it was more than one 'illegal' pic cos you's already been gulpin' 'ouzaki'...

...ampt ya?(!)
    possibly .... gonna have to go raid a distillery, after this 12 hours bottle to throttle time has passed, think the Greek staff would mind a Civvy XA-38 mounting a midday raid on their Distillery? land the bugger in a big enough field, run over, nab some barrels and boxes then scapa

..... now where's the electrolytic/energy drinks gone?! need that to take the edge off the ouzo and keep hydrated...

Recording some rare wildlife sounds in the Amazon Rainforest, dash up to Cheb to oversee the finishing touches to Avia 51 'Olympic Flame' then on down to the Southern Hemisphere to put the final trim on the Avia 51 'Seaplane Safaries Ltd' for our fine New Zealand Gentlemen flyers.

Keeps you on your toes, but Milton's Avia masterpieces are such a pleasure to work on.

Now, quick ouzo with you guys and I'm gone...'someone' fancied flights around Lake Nakuru, Africa...never could refuse an offer like that!
    Oh Man, that work is stunning!

We're experiencing a flightsim Renaissance....aren't we?

Amazing work, Nigel.

SOH-CM-2020
    Excellent work Nigel

Just sent you an email

Pete.

Just FYI, the first pic in FSX Nigel took was using FS9 contact points.

This is how she looks using FSX contact points. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Charter Member 2011
    I'll wait for those rather nice liveries before doing the Recorder Module Group, meanwhile Nigel, this is especially for you: commercial-free, just a little Tchaikovsky to introduce all that noise.

[YOUTUBE]4pC8C45wt24&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

SOH-CM-2020

I just figured Nigel was overloaded with Ouzo

Well, I mean the aircraft.

Pete.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Oh Man, that work is stunning!

Thanks Delta Victor Juliet, it all boils down to another superb Masterpiece from Milton.
    With such a remarkable piece of engineering to work on, the rest was just a breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    We're experiencing a flightsim Renaissance....aren't we?

Amazing work, Nigel.
    Magoo, as long as there is the enthusiasm from all you fine flyers; YES! the way I see things, fs2004 is just in its teething stages.

Renaissance; count me in!

Now, race you to Stewart, BC! (last one in, gets an extra ouzo!).

Quote Originally Posted by PeteHam View Post
    Excellent work Nigel

Just sent you an email

Pete.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteHam View Post
    I just figured Nigel was overloaded with Ouzo

Well, I mean the aircraft.

Pete.
    Appreciate the kind comments Pete...

Bugger!...good thing you're more sober than I, otherwise the flak on the "Seaplane Safaris" would have put a grimace on my face the likes of which even a Maori Warrior would be shocked by.

Yeah, must be the fumes from all those barrels I'm carting down to you blokes in NZ.

Eyes of an eagle, this Gentleman.

Good on ya Pete!

Quote Originally Posted by Wing_Z View Post
    I'll wait for those rather nice liveries before doing the Recorder Module Group, meanwhile Nigel, this is especially for you: commercial-free, just a little Tchaikovsky to introduce all that noise.

[YOUTUBE]BPHBMUVfnxI&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]
    Hey Wing, there's plenty of the 'good stuff' for you too in the cargo too my friend.

Very much looking forward to the Avia Video (Wing's video contribution to the Gumman series, is a must, to watch!!!).

Tchaikovsky eh?...are you thinking of the 'Nutcracker' suite, by any chance? Lol.

If you 'gets' to the ouzo first, it may turn out to be Mozart's 'Mid Summer Nights Dream'...okay, okay... I'll be Ee-aw!
    (icon: Mozart's famous 'silly laugh':icon)

Milton Sir, I was just using the floats as...extra reserve tanks.

Thought you wouldn't notice (keeping it as a surprise),...foolish of me Sir!

Thankyou for giving us such awesome aircraft as these!

Yiamas!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Nigel
    Milton Sir, I was just using the floats as...extra reserve tanks.
    .....Well....a major issue with floats is the ongoing fight against corrosion. I understand that Ouzo may not only be used as a de-icing agent on surfaces and in fuel lines, and notable too as a performance enhancing octane booster in fuel tanks, but bush pilots here in the wild-wild North love the stuff for it's superb anti-oxident and preservative qualities, on aircraft alloys and in pilots generally. :mixedsmi:

...What's this about Stewart, BC? Something amiss up there, I've been hearing rumours at the Flying Beaver about a previously unknown Avia floater running registration numbers that I may be familiar with. I said,"No...you boys must be mistaken, it must be an old Norseman with a fixed pitch climbing prop, and a deaf old pilot who's white knuckled hands forever smell like whitefish."

They said,"no, it's an Avia with a crushed velour interior like Whitehorse Palour own by a certain Madame that we flyboys all admire.....

Now....I'd say they're all full of beans and just pulling my finger, but lately these vaguely suspicious pictures have been surfacing in familier places....and what with photoshop and things like that that being what they are, and the internet being what it is in this day and age....

...I figure I'd better just haul myself up there and sit and wait with a box of sandwiches and some of Nigel's deicing fluid, until this mystery Czech Avion shows up....

Attachment 61786

...Pipers...like mopeds...fun to ride until your friends find out. Real men run radials. One's good, three or four are that much better.

Attachment 61787

Nice looking scenery there at Stewart :-) Seems different than mine.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

The '56' in the first pic is going to SINK! Did you remember to put the stoppers back into the floats after you drained them last fall? Prolly not, huh? Well, at any rate... the skins on those planes are sharp!!! Very nice work, Nigel... and you've captured the nostalgic look of the plane perfectly in those shots, mate.

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Milton
    Nice looking scenery there at Stewart :-) Seems different than mine.
    ...It's Holger's Misty Fiords work. No?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    The '56' in the first pic is going to SINK! Did you remember to put the stoppers back into the floats after you drained them last fall? Prolly not, huh? Well, at any rate... the skins on those planes are sharp!!! Very nice work, Nigel... and you've captured the nostalgic look of the plane perfectly in those shots, mate. BB686:USA-flag:
    Huh?
    ...thought you and Matt did a good job of drainin' em last night...

or was that just a pair of stray intoxicated Howler monkies rolling around on the cockpit floor this morning.

From now on, I'm taking Magoo's sound advice concerning 'float preservatives', but I'll get a welder to seal the stuff in!
    And spare not the beans!

Thanks for the good words Bravo - Bravo, now to persuade Magoo to spill the beans on that amazing Stewart scenery...

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Huh?

or was that just a pair of stray intoxicated Howler monkies rolling around on the cockpit floor this morning.
    one of 'em was me with hangover.... don't know who the other was, woke up, had splittin' headache, rolled around a bit then grabbed my chute and headed to the DZ... blow the cobwebs out

Blog Entries
    ...or was that just a pair of stray intoxicated Howler monkies rolling around on the cockpit floor this morning.

LOL...good heavens! )

Blackbird686
    The '56' in the first pic is going to SINK!
    Actually, the typical ventral stabilizing fin was invented in early years by Canadian Bush Pilots. I think the first one was whittled from a canoe paddle left over after the canoe lashed to the float of a f*kker (that's Fokker...) unfurled at 3500 feet and went flying on it's own. Many observers labour under the mistaken belief that the vental addition helps maintain yaw stability when a set of floats are adapted to any landplane design.

This couldn't be further from the truth, as demonstrated by our talented friend, Nigel. When a floatplane is heavily loaded, the ventral fin is designed to provide hydro-stability against propellor torque, and cross winds. He's showing how to work it in the correct Canadian bush tradition.

Now.....I hear you ask,"Why in the dickens would a floatplane pilot need a proviso-stabilizer against crosswinds, when every marine runway is a thousand feet wide, seven miles long, and always points into the wind?"

It is simple. There is a well worn Canadian floatpilot phrase that explains it all.

"Alaska's that way. I ain't turnin' inta da wind....Alaska's over der...dat's where I'm goin...." ( Cob throttle now....)

Thus....full of Moose and bear guns, forties of gas, pallets of beanz'n'bacon, or just freely loaded wet fish.....Candian bush pilots, tired of flying seven miles with one float still in the water before actually getting airborne, invented a fix. The previously described Canoe paddle was duct taped down there and the full load issue was solved. ( In the air after only five miles, cruise alt of a staggering 715 feet...Lake Winnepeg here we come...!!!)

Now...in the United States, a small flat, arid, semi-tropical territory that Alaska owns....people are concerned with both form and function. One can see how the old canoe paddle (which was totally adequate...) has been refined by American Artisan-Engineer-Designers...and these wonderful, integrated, asthetically pleasing ventral fins have become de rigueur for just about every plane bolted to floats. They've even begun screwing them onto the wingtips of giant airliner jets that only ever fly over the bush at Angels Thirty....

But you know...that's marketing and design....pay the fancy money, get the designer fin...get the t-shirt...get the matching funny sneakers with built in airpumps. Peer pressure and social expectation is like that.

Next thing you know...they come up with float bilge pumps in designer colours, bundled with an I-phone app, in non-returnable open-only-once clear plastic vaccu-packaging.

Personally I still prefer the old suckstraw and length of siphon hose, especially when old Nigel's been around, and the floats'r'full of treat. Canadian and First Nation's pragmatism dictates that the remote pier you tie up will have no fuel float. But at least you're simply equiped to pull enough gas out of that old twin-tank Fargo that hasn't left the beach in two years ('cause it won't start anymore.....) and fly back to some place with basic services. Just don't push'er over 26 lbs, unless (of course)....you've got Nigel's ouzo in the floats.

Ahhhh.....

See how good it works...?

Thanks for the setup, Nigel. Remember, in order to spill the beans, something's gotta be full of beans, first.

beautifully put Magoo.... "you've done it again"

very well put, just point these birds to the back country and they become an entirely different machine... they seem to guide themselves to the rivers and harbors....

personally... i'm liking the look of the shots and may have to get Tongass Fjords and Misty Fjords... Glacier bay too may be a cool place to take these beauties....

as i said oh Magoo you've done it again.... time for me to get back into the Bush flying mindset... now... who's got my AW50F and bivvy bag etc... this time? Nigel? BB? which one of you is it this time?

:mixedsmi:....Don't forget your octane booster.

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    :mixedsmi:....Don't forget you're octane booster.
    man glad ya stopped me now buddy, was just cranking the engine over making sure it's running nicely....

Nigel... i think we need a new Bush strip in Greece..... the old Salt Lake on Kos was a makeshift aerodrome for British Spitfires during WWII.....