USN_Deck_Equipment_FSX.zip

Thread: USN_Deck_Equipment_FSX.zip

Members +
    Blog Entries

USN_Deck_Equipment_FSX.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Scenery Objects

Description: New, from scratch, low-poly, decent detail.

AS-32 crash crane, MB5 crash tender, and MD-3 mule variants- mule, crash tender, huffer; mapped, all with unique unit numbers, some have multiple numbers so a decent number of discrete units can be spotted on deck. Single texture sheet for each. One drawcall per unit, inc. MD-3s.

Freeware, not for commercial use except by agreement with author (Y.T.)

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit USN_Deck_Equipment_FSX.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Nice drawings however, I don't understand how I could adapt these items, placement etc onto flight deck of any AI carrier.

I see there is potential, I just don't understand how to implement them onto a carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Nice drawings however, I don't understand how I could adapt these items, placement etc onto flight deck of any AI carrier.

I see there is potential, I just don't understand how to implement them onto a carrier.

Am also interested, yet perplexed on actual placement. If P3Dv4 compatible, then i guess use Simdirector?..NC

Members +
    Blog Entries
    OK. You can use as a scenery object by running it through MCX and exporting as a BGL.
    Then it's straight forward for scenery.
    For use on a carrier, placed in Aicarriers, or attached to a ship, follow these steps
    Figure out the deck height. You can do this by merging in MCX, and setting the position (X, Y, Z) with the merge editor.
    When you have the XYZ location, write it down! or cut paste to a text document.
    The orientation can be adjusted using the translation tool, then export a model when you have the orientation you want.
    When you have the yellow stuff positions sussed out, start a fresh MCX, merge the bits together, and export as a model, IE: 27C deck stuff, or 'kittyhawk deck stuff'. Pack up as a boat model using the usual file structure and the sim cfg speed/rate numbers
    In AICarriers, position your carrier in it's formation at 0, 0,
    Add an entry for the deck stuff model, also at 0,0.
    When you start AIC, the deck stuff model will behave like a boat, except superimposed on the carrier deck. You can add crew, parked aircraft &c. the same way.
    Or; merge the deck stuff model into the carrier and export.
    I prefer using the AICarriers hack, by the 'hard' merge is better for BGL routes.
    These can also be used as AI vehicles by repackaging as a 'ground vehicle'

Thanks Lazarus,
    Very nice little add-on
    Henrik

Thank.you, Lazarus, for the explanation! NC

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    OK. You can use as a scenery object by running it through MCX and exporting as a BGL.
    Then it's straight forward for scenery.
    For use on a carrier, placed in Aicarriers, or attached to a ship, follow these steps
    Figure out the deck height. You can do this by merging in MCX, and setting the position (X, Y, Z) with the merge editor.
    When you have the XYZ location, write it down! or cut paste to a text document.
    The orientation can be adjusted using the translation tool, then export a model when you have the orientation you want.
    When you have the yellow stuff positions sussed out, start a fresh MCX, merge the bits together, and export as a model, IE: 27C deck stuff, or 'kittyhawk deck stuff'. Pack up as a boat model using the usual file structure and the sim cfg speed/rate numbers
    In AICarriers, position your carrier in it's formation at 0, 0,
    Add an entry for the deck stuff model, also at 0,0.
    When you start AIC, the deck stuff model will behave like a boat, except superimposed on the carrier deck. You can add crew, parked aircraft &c. the same way.
    Or; merge the deck stuff model into the carrier and export.
    I prefer using the AICarriers hack, by the 'hard' merge is better for BGL routes.
    These can also be used as AI vehicles by repackaging as a 'ground vehicle'

Adding to AI carriers not working

I've thought I would try to add just the Huffer to an already established ai carrier cfg entry (adding huffer to deck of carrier) but it fails to show, I get failed to load entry.

I am familiar with some of the entry structure entry of AI.cfg entries but with three models of the huffer that you've made, I do not know which model to add to
    an established ai.cfg entry.

i.e.,

[formation.0]
    title=CVA-31_BON_HOMME_RICHARD
    unit.0=CVA-31_BON_HOMME_RICHARD, 0, 0
    unit.1=truck_ship, 0, 0
    unit.2=air_wing, 0, 0
    unit.3=USS_DLGN-25_Bainbridge, 3000, 400
    unit.4=USS_DD_963_SPRUANCE, 0, -1420
    unit.5=AO-107 USS Passumpsic, 1600, 20
    unit.6=DDG-17 USS Conyngham, 0, 2500
    unit.7= ? <<<< Just want the huffer >>>>>

So the next entry would be unit.7= ?

There are three models of the huffer and I have tried the different models listed in the sim cfg folder and none of em work

Could you be more lucid on what to do next ?

Can they be added as separate entries? If so, how?

I've thought I would try to add just the Huffer to an already established ai carrier cfg entry (adding huffer to deck of carrier) but it fails to show, I get failed to load entry.

I am familiar with some of the entry structure entry of AI.cfg entries but with three models of the huffer that you've made, I do not know which model to add to
    an established ai.cfg entry.

i.e.,

[formation.0]
    title=CVA-31_BON_HOMME_RICHARD
    unit.0=CVA-31_BON_HOMME_RICHARD, 0, 0
    unit.1=truck_ship, 0, 0
    unit.2=air_wing, 0, 0
    unit.3=USS_DLGN-25_Bainbridge, 3000, 400
    unit.4=USS_DD_963_SPRUANCE, 0, -1420
    unit.5=AO-107 USS Passumpsic, 1600, 20
    unit.6=DDG-17 USS Conyngham, 0, 2500
    unit.7= ? <<<< Just want the huffer >>>>>

So the next entry would be unit.7= ?

There are three models of the huffer and I have tried the different models listed in the sim cfg folder and none of em work

Could you be more lucid on what to do next ?

Can they be added as separate entries? If so, how?

For the error of "Failed to load" is the model placed in your SimObjects/Boats folder?
    Try adjusting the "static_cg_height=" position in the sim.cfg. ("0" is sea level in sim) So you will need to know the height of the carrier deck for it to show above it.
    Once you have that figured out you can use AiCarriers entry for it to move it on the deck to the position you want. But you will not be able to adjust its orientation
    doing it this way.
    The better way to set it where you want is with MCX and merge the model MDL with the carrier model's MDL. Doing it this way you can also adjust the orientation
    and position on the flight deck. This is more time consuming and you do need a little knowledge on using MCX.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post
    For the error of "Failed to load" is the model placed in your SimObjects/Boats folder?
    Try adjusting the "static_cg_height=" position in the sim.cfg. ("0" is sea level in sim) So you will need to know the height of the carrier deck for it to show above it.
    Once you have that figured out you can use AiCarriers entry for it to move it on the deck to the position you want. But you will not be able to adjust its orientation
    doing it this way.
    The better way to set it where you want is with MCX and merge the model MDL with the carrier model's MDL. Doing it this way you can also adjust the orientation
    and position on the flight deck. This is more time consuming and you do need a little knowledge on using MCX.

Joe
    I was hoping not getting involved with the minutia using MCX etc. Oh well, I tried.
    Thanks for the info.

It is rather easy once you know your way around MCX. Here is the Tilly added to Klaus's Midway just to show. I did not adjust its orientation, just it's height and position on the flight deck.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post
    It is rather easy once you know your way around MCX. Here is the Tilly added to Klaus's Midway just to show. I did not adjust its orientation, just it's height and position on the flight deck.

Joe

I have MCX and can open mdl's but not merge them. Need to find out more about that process.

Thanks

Members +
    Blog Entries
    I have MCX and can open mdl's but not merge them. Need to find out more about that process.

Thanks

Just play around with it. Things to know: You cannot screw up a model unless you overwrite with an export, so always change names and don't overwrite!
    So. To start. One thing I do to ease the process is make a dummy deck model by peeling everything off the ship except the deck, then rename (eg:cvn65deckmockup) and export. This can be done with the material editor.
    Load your dummy deck. Or, load, say a mule. Basically, all of these are at co-ordinates 0,0,0. Once you have a model loaded, look at the toolbar at the top of the MCX window. Third row down, under where it says wizards, there is a row of ikons; a globe, a blue box with an arrow in the corner, a pair of big balls, and one I call the trudeau schwanz: two tiny balls and a short arrow.
    So, lets change the orientation of the first mule. Click on the blue box with the corner arrow. This brings up the transform window, which is used to move the loaded object in three axis, or rotate the model in 3 axis, of scale up or down, which we do not need for this. Just play around with it, it's very intuitive.
    X= lateral movement, negative values move left, positive values move right. Y= longitudinal movement, and Z= vertical. Negative and positive values move fore/aft, up/down.
    To start, lets go with X=-4, y=4, z=0, click 'move'. Whirwhirgrindclunk. The mule moves. Now, click the trudeau ikon- the 2 little balls/short arrow ikon. This is the merge
    tool. A window pops up with X=,Y=,Z=. You can merge at any position, but just leave it at zero. Click the 'load object' button in the merge window, navigate to the model you wish to merge, click the object to open, click the merge button.
    That's it. Monkey around with it until you get the hang of it. Keep a text doc open to record positions as you get it worked out. When you have all the positions sorted, merge up your model and export when you're satisfied.
    This probably isn't the best explanation. The best way is to just load an object- a simple one so it's fast - and click on stuff, see what it does. And, nothing is carved in stone, as long as you do not overwrite when exporting.

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Roight, lads. Yew got a loicense fo' that newculer boat, bruv?

U/L'd the latest CVAN-65 with the latest updates, including the deck parks, aicarriers cfg &c. Give it a go, and you can see how the deckparks work.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/192I...ew?usp=sharing

Attachment 73492

Members who have read this thread: 1