MilViz F-86F Sabre Repaints
Page 1 of 13 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: MilViz F-86F Sabre Repaints

MilViz F-86F Sabre Repaints

Thought I would start a thread dedicated to repaints of the MilViz F-86F Sabre. Check the Add-Ons Library and if available a link for download.

Almost embarrassed to display my first creation with all the wonderful talent out there. Please keep them coming painters.

Here is Major James P. Hagerstrom's Mig Poison. The unit is the 67th FBS/18th FBG, Osan AB, May 1963. Download

Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Looks great Tom :salute:

And good idea to start a dedicated thread for all those lovely repaints ...

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk18 View Post

... And how about links for downloads (those that are available, of course) or statements from the posters for those that aren't.

Luftwaffe livery

Smaller adjustments still remains. I will make a notice when it is ready, and where to get

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

agree, sadly I can't contribute just yet as I'm sitting waiting for my plane to deploy

cant wait to see what's here when I log on next time

Be safe out there, Jeansy. Where ever that may take you. Nice work on the schemes. :salute:

well, you will have noticed these by now, all at OZx:

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

It'd be so cool to have a massive formation with each repaint!

Here's three I have in the works. Pretty much done, just a few details to work on. I 'm really enjoying this Sabre... great work Milviz!

Mike

Question Speedy.sh access is account only...

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Would it be possible to upload it at AVSIM or FlightSim.com or here at Sim-Outhouse ?

F-86F Mig Poison Pilot

If you would like to customize the F-86F Mig Poison pilot Maj. James P. Hagerstrom, install the attached file. Here is a pic of what he will look like.

Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Folks,

your repaint are excellent, thanks for your work & time.
    Have few good ones Folks,
    Yves

Firstly I have to say that the textures and the paint kit for this Sabre are masterpieces, and the results from the use of the paint kit by others are breath-taking. However, I've been working on trying to recreate an authentic metallic look without using shadowing for three weeks and I'm sure it won't appeal to all but this is what it looks like so far:-

Lt. Kermit Keeley's 'My Darling Patricia', 52-4392 of the 36th FBS, 8th FBW based at K-13 Suwon in the summer of 1953. Check Mitre 10 Catalogue and Officeworks Catalogue. Taken from photos on the Jet Pilots Overseas website and an unofficial 36th FBS website.

Still playing with this so I'll see how much better I can get it.

Regards

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Dave...I've actually been hoping that someone would take the paintkit and redo all the baremetal similiar to that of the WBS Mustangs. I've been trying to find some good reference material to attempt it myself....but I know it will also take working on the alpha channel too.

Dave, that repaint looks awesome, good work! :ernae:

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    Dave...I've actually been hoping that someone would take the paintkit and redo all the baremetal similiar to that of the WBS Mustangs. I've been trying to find some good reference material to attempt it myself....but I know it will also take working on the alpha channel too.
    There is no alpha; the model is non-reflective, which I guess is the reason that Gunnar has chosen the shadow route. What you see is the best I can do except for toning up or down the amount of random shading. I can't increase the specular shine too much either without the texture bleeds out altogether. The stencil font and some stencil positions have been changed as well - a matter of individual aircraft and taste, not a criticism at all.

DaveQ

Edit - I've spent 3 hours with MDLMatXX attempting to put reflection in to no avail. There again I'm not an expert!!
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

hmmmmm.........interesting

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    There is no alpha; the model is non-reflective, which I guess is the reason that Gunnar has chosen the shadow route. What you see is the best I can do except for toning up or down the amount of random shading. I can't increase the specular shine too much either without the texture bleeds out altogether. The stencil font and some stencil positions have been changed as well - a matter of individual aircraft and taste, not a criticism at all.

DaveQ
    We will have to do something to the specular files and their alpha channels.
    The textures looks great. If you send the livery to me, I'll see if I can get more (at least a little bit more) surface reflection to it.

Gunnar van der Meeren

Please enable alpha in the diffuse textures Gunnar. I will buy it then ;-)

Best
    DagR

We will have to do something to the specular files and their alpha channels.
    The textures looks great. If you send the livery to me, I'll see if I can get more (at least a little bit more) surface reflection to it.
    There was a comment on another post about why some texture repaints contained their own specular files and others not...

I guess the amount of reflectivity has to be worked on each texture and to the taste of the repainter himself.

If you look at the WIP of the base textures for Luftwaffe camouflaged liveries that I'm presently working on, I temporarily used the specular shines of my last posting (TAIWAN_1960) which represented the planes of a Gunnery meet between various air forces; I felt that it would have been shinier than usual as you wouldn't go to a party with your dirty jeans...
    As such, they are too shiny for a good camo texture but could probably give some shine on your model which has a bit of a sandblasted look presently (no offense meant).

Why not try them and see how it comes out and you can work it down from there ...

Good luck with your tweaking...

Fleurdelys