Savioa Marchetti SM73 v2.1 by Stefano Meneghini - UT

Thread: Savioa Marchetti SM73 v2.1 by Stefano Meneghini - UT

Icon22 Savioa Marchetti SM73 v2.1 by Stefano Meneghini - UT

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - Italian

Description:
    1. Savoia Marchetti SM73v2.1 converted by UncleTgt

This is a conversion of Stefano Meneghini's FS2004 Savioa Marchetti SM73 for use in CFS 2. This is a collection of several complete aircraft, giving a total of 8 textures & 7 different aircraft models.

For ease of installation I have separated out each engine/airframe combination.

The repaints are all as per the original FS9, apart from a new 271 Squadron RAF texture for the SABENA aircraft by me. The only other changes is to the bitmap formats to make them compatible with CFS 2, & new propeller disk bitmaps (courtesy of Kelticheart).

The airfile uses some elements from the SM81 AI airfiles developed by Bearcat241. I have tried to approximate the characteristics for all the different engine/propeller combinations within the limitations of CFS 2. They have not been exhaustively tested across all ranges and altitudes.

The new 2D panel & VC panels are WIN 7 friendly. They make extensive use of Kelticheart & Manuele Villa's new Italian aircraft gauges, available separately at SOH. I make no claims regarding the accuracy of the layout, & positively encourage people to improve upon my attempts.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Thanks to: Stefano Meneghini for a great aircraft, & for his permission to convert version 2.1 for use in CFS 2.

Manuele Villa & Kelticheart for the new Italian gauges, making an approximation of the aircraft cockpit panels a possibility.

RMPropWash for his conversion of version 2.0, which was the start point for making this fly within CFS 2.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions.

UncleTgT,

OCT 2015

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Savioa Marchetti SM73 v2.1 by Stefano Meneghini - UT.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Wow! Thank you Stefano Meneghini for a great model and Thank you UncleTgt for taking the time to convert into CFS2 and then sharing with us. Our lucky day.

msfossey

Very nice John.

Some real beauties there! Many thanks.

Cheers

Shessi

Icon22 Reply...

John,

You did a fabulous job on this, thank you to you and all other folks involved!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Blog Entries

Nice job

Nice job UT, thank you to you and all other people involved

Beepee

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Icon14 UncleTgt's Opus Magnus!

WOW, John, this is indeed a monumental project!

From the pictures you posted (I still have to download and install her), the liveries are to me the top ranking repaints I ever saw for WWII Regia Aeronautica aircraft, together with MVG3d's, Morton's and Gius' works of art.

The right fading touch, the soft contrast between one camo colour and the next, all contributes to make this model soooo close to the real thing!

Thank you and Stefano Meneghini both!
    KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Stef,

Manuel Vila takes the lion's share, I only did the RAF camo repaint. All the others are from the original FS2004 package, all I did was convert & provide glossy or almost matt finish models to put them on...

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Stef,

Manuel Vila takes the lion's share, I only did the RAF camo repaint. All the others are from the original FS2004 package, all I did was convert & provide glossy or almost matt finish models to put them on...
    Well,

I think the RAF camo repaint fits among the all of the others almost as if it were drawn by the same hand. Therefore, take your well deserved credits too.... ... ...

Cheers!
    KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Members who have read this thread: 1