HU: Seems that Cerasim released new helicopter AS365N3 - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: HU: Seems that Cerasim released new helicopter AS365N3

Quote Originally Posted by RaFi View Post
    Don't know why you think the autopilot is not working, but rest assured, it is in fact working.

However, if you view the helicopter from the outside, it will interfere with the autopilot.

my concerns are that it is stated as in BETA, but could you elaborate on is all functions in the AP is working? I'm especially looking for nav, hdg, alt mode, IAS would be great but not essential

thanks in advance

SOH-CM-2018
    Quote Originally Posted by krazyj View Post
    my concerns are that it is stated as in BETA, but could you elaborate on is all functions in the AP is working? I'm especially looking for nav, hdg, alt mode, IAS would be great but not essential

thanks in advance
    I managed to hold heading, follow the GPS route( flight plan) and hold altitude. I did two flights, from Indianapolis to Elkhart County and back, testing this. It worked fine.

All in all, this is a rather nice helicopter add-on. I have the CeraSim 212 and 222 and this compare nicely with it.

My only problem is that it automatically activates auto-rudder, but that is a small gripe.

I just got it and I'm pleased with the AP except for the heading hold..

When in heading hold, rather than banking to the new heading it just puts in yaw ( with no input on the potentiometer I might add ) onto the new heading.

I will be doing a full detailed review on it in a few days

Hey Matt,

do you take requests on the repaints ?

if so could I ask for this one please but with OY-HMO instead and no Dancopter on the side as they are no more

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Danco...DzONG6fgEgry5S

Thanks ever so much in advance

Lightbulb

About the digital indications (N1, N2 and IAS), I propose to make them more easy to be read:

1. Open the folder CSAS365 (in the Panel folder)
    2. Make a backup of the files NG_eng1, NG_eng2 and disp_ias.xml – or a backup of the whole folder CSAS365

3. Open (with Notepad) the NG_eng1.xml
    4. Replace in each element the value Color="#252223" by Color="#25B223" - save
    5. Do the same for N2

6. Open the file disp_ias.xml and modify the lines :
      Position X="20" Y="0"/>
      Text X="200" Y="90" Length=………………..

<text x="<font color=" #ff3366"=""> Rem : IAS will be diplayed ONLY if IAS is called through the AP</text>

7. If you prefer the IAS to be displayed all the time then replace the line
      Visible>(L:ap_ias_m, bool)
      by <!--Visible>(L:ap_ias_m, bool)--> or erase that line

Pierre

Hi, I need help to painting. I can't color pilots in red. Everytime i get bright green. I use DXTBMP coupled with Gimp2.8. It's weird as with the others textures my procedure is fine..

Quote Originally Posted by sag75 View Post
    Hi, I need help to painting. I can't color pilots in red. Everytime i get bright green. I use DXTBMP coupled with Gimp2.8. It's weird as with the others textures my procedure is fine..
    It is a little bit tricky - you need to cutout the part with the suits, remove the vest and than bring the saturation down to zero in Gimp. If you have done that, use the first coloring-tool (the one from above) and add the color of your choice .

Or, that is the other way, use the one that i have done ....

Kind regards

Dirk
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you! I guess i'll follow your shorter way!
    I will try to have white helmets as well

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball6 View Post
    It is a little bit tricky - you need to cutout the part with the suits, remove the vest and than bring the saturation down to zero in Gimp. If you have done that, use the first coloring-tool (the one from above) and add the color of your choice .

Kind regards

Dirk

Hey Dirk, did you see my request ? thoughts on difficulty ?

would really appreciate some assistance on that

Thanks in advance

Morten

Hi Morton,

yes i see the request - but i must say that i would not try it as there are a lot of distorsions on the fuselage, based of the splitted parts in the paintkit.

Sorry

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball6 View Post

Kind regards

Dirk
    Hi Dirk I put your file as it is in my texture folder, but pilots are just black! What I did wrong? Thanks

Hi Dirk I put your file as it is in my texture folder, but pilots are just black! What I did wrong? Thanks
    Hi sag75, the file that i attached in the post above was only a bitmap, to use with the original Pilot-texture. Below you find a complete Pilots.dds. This one is reworked original .dds-file. Use that and have fun (Pilots have white helmets also)
    Attached Files Attached Files

This looks like a pretty nice helo... I prefer KDFW's mods in the VC especially. Thanks to all the painters!

Maybe I'll have to cough up the money for it! What's the max cruise speed?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

vne is around 150kts.

------------------------

for those using the HTR profile for the as365:

the model forces 'on' auto-coordination > 40kias and forces it 'off' <40kias. this results in abrupt yaw action at the transition point which is rather annoying and requires constant pedal input at slow speeds.

as this is an aircraft equipped with sas/afcs, it should be stable and hold heading without pedal input when main rotor torque is constant.

so, to get around this, you can edit the psystem.xml file in the \Panel\CSAS365\ folder.

*** make a backup or the original psystem.xml file before editing ***

1) open the psystem.xml using notepad
    2) do a string search on "(A:AIRSPEED INDICATED, knot) 40 >" this will be at the tail end of the file
    3) change the section

from

(A:AIRSPEED INDICATED, knot) 40 > if{ 1 (>L:autocord, bool) } els{ 0 (>L:autocord, bool) }
    (L:autocord, bool) if{ (A:AUTO COORDINATION, bool) ! if{ (>K:AUTORUDDER_TOGGLE) } }
    (L:autocord, bool) ! if{ (A:AUTO COORDINATION, bool) if{ (>K:AUTORUDDER_TOGGLE) } }

to

(A:AIRSPEED INDICATED, knot) 40 > if{ 1 (>L:autocord, bool) } } <!-- //els{ 1 (>L:autocord, bool) } // -->
    <!-- // (L:autocord, bool) if{ (A:AUTO COORDINATION, bool) ! if{ (>K:AUTORUDDER_TOGGLE) } }// -->
    <!-- // (L:autocord, bool) ! if{ (A:AUTO COORDINATION, bool) if{ (>K:AUTORUDDER_TOGGLE) } }// -->
    <!-- // (L:autocord, bool) if{ (A:AUTO COORDINATION, bool) ! if{ (>K:AUTORUDDER_TOGGLE) } }// -->
    <!-- // (L:autocord, bool) ! if{ (A:AUTO COORDINATION, bool) if{ (>K:AUTORUDDER_TOGGLE) } }// -->

then save the file.

this change will force auto-coordination 'on' only when ias is > 40kias but you can also turn 'on' auto-coordination with a key stroke (or key assigned to hotas) at lower speeds. as a bonus, HTR users can turn on autohover by turning on/off/on auto-coordination as described in the HTR manual.
    Last edited by kdfw; December 7th, 2016 at 20:36.

Wow - Martial Feron did some awesome repaints for the Dauphine - fantastic work Martial !!!!! (Look in the library, if you did not already)

In the meantime i did a few repaints for the Dauphine also - look at the shots below (nothing very special but maybe the one or other will like it).
    I'll try to pack and upload them in the next days - will keep you informed.

Dirk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2016_12_8_14_42_24.jpg   enb2016_12_8_14_43_1.jpg   enb2016_12_8_14_43_30.jpg   enb2016_12_8_14_44_0.jpg   enb2016_12_8_14_44_27.jpg   enb2016_12_8_14_45_2.jpg  

Great ! I particularly like the "pilote" one ! Thanks in advance !

Hepl, Startup problem with the Cera AS365

Guess I'm not reading between the lines or something. I just can't get this puppy to fire up. Even the "Ready to Fly" button on the animation panel doesn't work- turns everything on but engines did not come alive. Doing something wrong, or missing a step someplace.

While I'm carping. The manual shows a VIP panel but no instruction on how to activate it.
    Cheers,
    Tenpin

Hi did you check if engines are running but rotor is just not spinning? I asked you because I had a similar problem and i resolved it changing "engine type" from 5 to 3 (turboprop to helo-turbine) in aircraft.cfg file.
    It's weird, but probably the original setting didn't like to my Fsx installation!

any solution to not banking when turning on AP ?

Hi did you check if engines are running but rotor is just not spinning? I asked you because I had a similar problem and i resolved it changing "engine type" from 5 to 3 (turboprop to helo-turbine) in aircraft.cfg file.
    It's weird, but probably the original setting didn't like to my Fsx installation!
    Thanks Sag. No joy with that. Looking at the fine print again to see where I screwed up. Something is not right, that's for sure.
    Cheers,
    Tenpin

I have a feeling that the aircraft not banking while on AP is somewhere in this code

(A:AIRSPEED INDICATED, knot) 40 > if{ 1 (>L:autocord, bool) }}

(L: pfcs_l1_sw, bool) (L: pfcs_l2_sw, bool) || if{ 1 (>L:mast_ap_ch, bool) } els{ 0 (>L:mast_ap_ch, bool) }
    (L:mast_ap_ch, bool) (L:ap_cpl, bool) and (L:ShedBusDc, bool) and (L: pfcs_norturb_sw, bool) ! and if{ 1 (>L:mast_ap_pw, bool) } els{ 0 (>L:mast_ap_pw, bool) }

(A:Eng2 Combustion, bool) (A:Eng3 Combustion, bool) or if{ 1 (>L: pweng_ap, bool) } els{ 0 (>L: pweng_ap, bool) }

(A:AIRSPEED INDICATED, knot) 20 > (L: pweng_ap, bool) and (L:mast_ap_pw, bool) and (L:coll_ga_sw, bool) and if{ 1 (>L:ap_ga_m, bool) } els{ 0 (>L:ap_ga_m, bool) }

(A:AIRSPEED INDICATED, knot) 40 > (L:ap_alt, bool) and (L:mast_ap_pw, bool) and if{ 1 (>L:ap_alt_m, bool) } els{ 0 (>L:ap_alt_m, bool) }
    (A:AIRSPEED INDICATED, knot) 40 > (L: pweng_ap, bool) and (L:ap_ias, bool) and (L:mast_ap_pw, bool) and if{ 1 (>L:ap_ias_m, bool) } els{ 0 (>L:ap_ias_m, bool) }
    (A:AIRSPEED INDICATED, knot) 40 > (L:ap_hdg, bool) and (L:mast_ap_pw, bool) and if{ 1 (>L:ap_hdg_m, bool) } els{ 0 (>L:ap_hdg_m, bool) }
    (A:AIRSPEED INDICATED, knot) 40 > (L: pweng_ap, bool) and (L:ap_vs, bool) and (L:mast_ap_pw, bool) and if{ 1 (>L:ap_vs_m, bool) } els{ 0 (>L:ap_vs_m, bool) }
    (A:AIRSPEED INDICATED, knot) 40 > (L:mast_ap_pw, bool) and (L:ap_vor_cap, bool) and if{ 1 (>L:ap_vor_m, bool) } els{ 0 (>L:ap_vor_m, bool) }
    (A:AIRSPEED INDICATED, knot) 40 > (L:mast_ap_pw, bool) and (L:ap_loc_cap, bool) and if{ 1 (>L:ap_loc_m, bool) } els{ 0 (>L:ap_loc_m, bool) }
    (A:AIRSPEED INDICATED, knot) 40 > (L:mast_ap_pw, bool) and (L:ap_nav_cap, bool) and if{ 1 (>L:ap_nav_m, bool) } els{ 0 (>L:ap_nav_m, bool) }
    (A:AIRSPEED INDICATED, knot) 40 > (L: pweng_ap, bool) and (L:mast_ap_pw, bool) and (L:ap_gs_cap, bool) and if{ 1 (>L:ap_gs_m, bool) } els{ 0 (>L:ap_gs_m, bool) }

(A:NAV TOFROM:1, enum) 0 == (L:ap_vor, bool) and if{ 1 (>L:ap_vor_arm, bool) } els{ 0 (>L:ap_vor_arm, bool) }
    (A:NAV TOFROM:1, enum) 0 != (L:ap_vor, bool) and if{ 1 (>L:ap_vor_cap, bool) } els{ 0 (>L:ap_vor_cap, bool) }

(A:GPS IS ACTIVE WAY POINT, bool) ! (L:ap_nav, bool) and if{ 1 (>L:ap_nav_arm, bool) } els{ 0 (>L:ap_nav_arm, bool) }
    (A:GPS IS ACTIVE WAY POINT, bool) (L:ap_nav, bool) and if{ 1 (>L:ap_nav_cap, bool) } els{ 0 (>L:ap_nav_cap, bool) }

(A:NAV HAS LOCALIZER:1, bool) ! (L:ap_loc, bool) and if{ 1 (>L:ap_loc_arm, bool) } els{ 0 (>L:ap_loc_arm, bool) }
    (A:NAV HAS LOCALIZER:1, bool) (L:ap_loc, bool) and if{ 1 (>L:ap_loc_cap, bool) } els{ 0 (>L:ap_loc_cap, bool) }

(A:NAV HAS GLIDE SLOPE:1, bool) ! (L:ap_gs, bool) and if{ 1 (>L:ap_gs_arm, bool) } els{ 0 (>L:ap_gs_arm, bool) }
    (A:NAV HAS GLIDE SLOPE:1, bool) (L:ap_gs, bool) and if{ 1 (>L:ap_gs_cap, bool) } els{ 0 (>L:ap_gs_cap, bool) }

(L:ap_ga_m, bool) (L:ap_nav_m, bool) || (L:ap_loc_m, bool) || (L:ap_vor_m, bool) || (L:ap_hdg_m, bool) || if{ 1 (>L:ap_rtrim, bool) } els{ 0 (>L:ap_rtrim, bool) }
    (L:ap_hdg_m, bool) (L:ap_vor_m, bool) || (L:ap_nav_m, bool) || (L:ap_loc_m, bool) || (L:ap_ga_m, bool) || if{ 1 (>L:ap_rctrim, bool) } els{ 0 (>L:ap_rctrim, bool) }
    (L:ap_ga_m, bool) (L:ap_ias_m, bool) || if{ 1 (>L:ap_astrim, bool) } els{ 0 (>L:ap_astrim, bool) }
    (L:ap_alt_m, bool) (L:ap_vs_m, bool) || if{ 1 (>L:ap_coltrim, bool) } els{ 0 (>L:ap_coltrim, bool) }

I am however no wizz on it so if someone could advise that would be great

thanks in advance

or perhaps this section

(A:Autopilot flight director bank, degrees) (A:Attitude indicator bank degrees:1, degrees) - dnor
    s1 180 &gt; l1 360 &lt; and if{ l1 360 - } els{ l1 } -35 max 35 min 35 + 3.6285714 *
    (>L:adi fd roll,enum)

(A:Autopilot flight director pitch, degrees) (A:Attitude indicator pitch degrees:1, degrees) - dnor
    s1 180 &gt; l1 360 &lt; and if{ l1 360 - } els{ l1 } -20 max 20 min 20 + 5.95 *
    (>L:adi fd pitch,enum)
    </Value>

Quote Originally Posted by Timber View Post
    Thanks Sag. No joy with that. Looking at the fine print again to see where I screwed up. Something is not right, that's for sure.
    Hi did you check wind speed? Cerasim support suggested me to set it below 5 kts.

Could you please tell me better about the problem? So you turn on battery, generators, inverters.. and switch yellow engines levers on Flt.. but engines (watch engines' panel) are not starting up? Did you try pressing Ctrl+E continuosly?

Members who have read this thread: 8