Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 feedback and support topic
Page 1 of 17 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 feedback and support topic

Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 feedback and support topic

Please post any feedback or support questions here.
    Thanks.
    Regards,
    Nick

Ta- would it be possible to tie the center dot of the Artificial Horizon in with the wings, so that they are on the same plane (pun intended)? That would help with manual IFR.

Best- C

I did my first dawn flight in the Paratroop model and it looks like there is a bug in the panel lighting system. When the red cabin lights are on, the red and green jump switches are labeled correctly, but when the UV lights are turned on, the labels change to the usual passenger signs (No Smoking and Fasten Seat Belts).

Bill

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I've installed this updated aircraft, and have no problems activating the UV cockpit lights. What I'm stumped with are the red cockpit lights. I have found what looks like the appropriate rotating switch in the pilot's overhead panel, but turning this switch "on" with the battery active, or on ground power, produces no result.

Perhaps you did not yet add the effect fx_vclight_c47v3.fx to the Effects folder?
    You will find it and the engine start up effects included in an Effects folder in the download.
    Last edited by ncooper; February 26th, 2017 at 23:14.
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by billhuntsman View Post
    I did my first dawn flight in the Paratroop model and it looks like there is a bug in the panel lighting system. When the red cabin lights are on, the red and green jump switches are labeled correctly, but when the UV lights are turned on, the labels change to the usual passenger signs (No Smoking and Fasten Seat Belts).
    Bill
    Hello Bill,

It looks like you are right.
    I have made the correction and attached the two files which should be placed in
    Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14\texture.Paratrooper.
    They should be included in the next update.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ncooper; February 27th, 2017 at 03:37.
    Regards,
    Nick

Unable to remove chocks?

In some installations users find it impossible to remove chocks even though Monitor says they are off.

Has me totally puzzled atm, but let's investigate further. This happens with which FSX version? Consistently or intermittently? Could you try chocks ON/OFF with Parking Brake ON/OFF?

Edit: Does this (exclusively) happen when in multiplayer mode?

Thanks!
    Last edited by mjahn; February 27th, 2017 at 03:14.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    Perhaps you did not yet add the effect fx_vclight_c47v3.fx to the Effects folder?
    You will find it and the engine start up effects included in an Effects folder in the download.
    Thanks, I'll redownload that and install them in effects folder, then check.

Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    Thanks, I'll redownload that and install them in effects folder, then check.
    it is in the mainfolder of the plane were you also find the folder for manual,be sure to install the right for fsx or p3d

Thanks for starting this feedback thread. After the first few dozen flights I have one bug and one observation for improvement.

The bug is that the altimeter pressure setting appears to not work correctly. With a pressure of 30.2 when I set the field altitude the pressure reads 28.6. And the opposite with a pressure of 28.6 with the altitude set correctly the pressure reads 30.2. Check Makro Specials and Pick n Pay Specials. Therefore I can't set the altimeter manually while in flight except with the cheat key and then it reads wrong when I do.

The observation is that the RMI should not work unless the inverter is switched on, according to most DC-3 manuals I have read.

Thanks for all the hard work making this the most impressive freeware ever and flat one of the most impressive simulations for FSX/P3D EVER.

Dutch

Please post any feedback or support questions here.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    In some installations users find it impossible to remove chocks even though Monitor says they are off.

Has me totally puzzled atm, but let's investigate further. This happens with which FSX version? Consistently or intermittently? Could you try chocks ON/OFF with Parking Brake ON/OFF?

Thanks!
    I don't know if it will help but in my case with FSX-A boxed, this happens when I switch to a saved C&D C-47 v3.14 flight from any other aircraft. If I launch FSX and go straight to the saved C-47 flight the sticky chocks are not a problem. I don't use multiplayer. Thanks for your effort in looking into this further.

I have tried many times to save a long flight or even a landing with this plane however after loading the flight it is unresponsive. The throttles are unresponsive and the pop up windows have disappeared and are unable to get them back. Not the issue with any other plane.

any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post

Thanks!
    happens about every second flight with FSX...none multiplayer

Hello Bill,

It looks like you are right.
    I have made the correction and attached the two files which should be placed in
    Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14\texture.Paratrooper.
    They should be included in the next update.

Thanks, Nick. I appreciate the quick response/solution.

I have seen the instructions for installing the green or blue cockpit textures, but I have another question. What is the procedure for assigning the Paratrooper panel (with jump lights) to another repaing, such as Tico Belle?

Simply copy panel3.dds and the new panel_3_LM.dds that you will find attached to post 6
    into the repaint folder of your choice.
    Regards,
    Nick

Hiya,

[Automatic Checklist]

Don't know if it's intentional yet with version 3.14 it seems the cowl-flaps seems to be set by the pilot (co-pilot is not doing it for you as in 3.12).

Seems logical to me it's a co-pilot action because the switches are on the right co-pilot side?

Or did i miss something or did something wrong?

For the rest, loving this update! Thanks for all the work.

Regards,

Marcel

It's just the same, middle click on the cowl flap controls, they are set to trail and the copilot does the rest.

Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by ceo1944 View Post
    Thanks for starting this feedback thread. After the first few dozen flights I have one bug and one observation for improvement.

The bug is that the altimeter pressure setting appears to not work correctly. With a pressure of 30.2 when I set the field altitude the pressure reads 28.6. And the opposite with a pressure of 28.6 with the altitude set correctly the pressure reads 30.2. Therefore I can't set the altimeter manually while in flight except with the cheat key and then it reads wrong when I do.

The observation is that the RMI should not work unless the inverter is switched on, according to most DC-3 manuals I have read.

Thanks for all the hard work making this the most impressive freeware ever and flat one of the most impressive simulations for FSX/P3D EVER.

Dutch
    We'll take both issues along in the final update. Thanks for the tips !

Say, Dutch, any news on the Sperry AP ?....

cheers,
    jan

Simply copy panel3.dds and the new panel_3_LM.dds that you will find attached to post 6
    into the repaint folder of your choice.
    Thanks, Nick.

Regards.
    Bill

Another small issue for the update, as long as we are talking about instrument functions, is that the OFF switch for VOR2 (and possibly others) is only partially functional. If the switch is off, you cannot tune the frequencies, but the VOR2 needle remains active. In other words, if the VOR2 radio frequency is set to a VOR in range, the needle tracks that VOR even if the radio is turned to the OFF position.

Regards.

Bill

I just wanted to say what a fantastic freeware aircraft! Quite exceptional!

Hi Nick,

It's just the same, middle click on the cowl flap controls, they are set to trail and the copilot does the rest.
    Could be mistaken ofcourse yet in version 3.12, the co-pilot did ALL the settings of the cowl flap controls, including setting it to trail.

Just figured out that you mean the middle mouse-button, to set to trail. Proves then in version 3.12 i didn't need to know that because my co-pilot did it.

Marcel

PS
    Sorry if i miss the point yet i did now the following:
    - Press the cold and dark start
    - Set the cowl-flaps to trail
    - Then started the "before starting" checklist
    - With the item 15 "Cowl flaps" should be set to "open" yet nothing is done because they are already set to trail... starting up a engine with the cowl-flaps in trail is not a good thing? Confirm?

You can set the cowl flaps to trail at any point.
    I believe it is correct to set them fully open when on the ground?
    The trail setting might be best after take off but I assure you that
    the copilot never controlled them automatically, unless your copilot
    was much more capable than mine.
    Even in an A2A aircraft, he has to be asked......
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by mgr View Post
    PS
    Sorry if i miss the point yet i did now the following:
    - Press the cold and dark start
    - Set the cowl-flaps to trail
    - Then started the "before starting" checklist
    - With the item 15 "Cowl flaps" should be set to "open" yet nothing is done because they are already set to trail... starting up a engine with the cowl-flaps in trail is not a good thing? Confirm?
    After C&D you wouldn't normally set the cowl flaps to TRAIL, you would set them to full open (or make the checklist item 1.15 do it for you). Actually setting them to TRAIL in stationary condition will open them fully (value 8 in Monitor). This the checklist registers as correct, and respects your earlier decision and no harm done. The actual request to set cowl flaps to TRAIL comes at "Before Takeoff", p. 4.5., that's when it's really needed.

Members who have read this thread: 2