SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer - Page 36
Page 36 of 119 FirstFirst ... 2628293031323334353637383940414243444686 ... LastLast

Thread: SOH Team Project - Grumman Tracker, Trader, Tracer

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    Hi Milt,

Just send me the textures or tell me where to download them and I can do it...
    "mgr" volunteered to do the exterior model so I put you in the interior textures slot.

Thank you for taking this one on gaucho; I look forward to your work.

We still have slots open for the exterior and interior work on the S2T-military variant (gaucho?) and the S2T-CDF variant (tankerguy?), and the interior textures for the S2F-3 and S2F-1.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Why are the passenger seats in the C-1A facing backwards?
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    I suspect it has to do with the capture forces on deck when landing.

That's the way all the pictures show them, except for the 9th seat.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Two words - carrier landings. The sudden stop would be enough to cause neck injuries if the seats faced forward.

Edit - Milton beat me to it while I was typing!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    "mgr" volunteered to do the exterior model so I put you in the interior textures slot.

We still have slots open for the exterior and interior work on the S2T-military variant (gaucho?) and the S2T-CDF variant (tankerguy?), and the interior textures for the S2F-3 and S2F-1.
    Ill give the CDF textures a shot but Im not a texture artist like some of these guys
    Attachment 50539

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    Ill give the CDF textures a shot but Im not a texture artist like some of these guys
    Attachment 50539
    Thank TG.

Can you do a paint kit? If not, maybe someone will step up for that.

EDIT: TG, I notice there is an error in the mapping for that right wing near the flap. I will correct that and send you a new model file.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Milton I'd be intered in taking a peek and run around on the S2Turbo (Military variant) if possible please?

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    I suspect it has to do with the capture forces on deck when landing.
    Makes sense; thanks Milton and Tom!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Hi Milt,

Just send me the textures or tell me where to download them and I can do it...
    Yes Sir; stuff sent. I was hoping that you would jump in.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thank TG.

Can you do a paint kit? If not, maybe someone will step up for that.

EDIT: TG, I notice there is an error in the mapping for that right wing near the flap. I will correct that and send you a new model file.
    Not sure how to do one, I never have.

Blog Entries

Exterior work

Can do... very interested in the exterior work.. btw... is there a texture map for the folded wing sections? (to detail wiring, valves, hydraulic levers, etc.)

Not sure how to do one, I never have.
    Me either, but not a problem. I feel certain that someone will step up.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Can do... very interested in the exterior work.. btw... is there a texture map for the folded wing sections? (to detail wiring, valves, hydraulic levers, etc.)
    Exterior work is available. Look at the Assignments spreadsheet I posted on the previous page for available slots of work.

I used a real world texture for the wing fold joints. There are hinges and the actuating mechanisms modeled and animated.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Exterior work is available. Look at the Assignments spreadsheet I posted on the previous page for available slots of work.

I used a real world texture for the wing fold joints. There are hinges and the actuating mechanisms modeled and animated.
    Just look at that detail!!! .................................................. .................................................. ..................................

...and not for the first time, I just can't find the words............................................. ...................................speechless!
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Adds some excitment to this project when im working on the CAL FIRE repaint and the real aircraft are flying on a fire in my area also

Attachment 50544Attachment 50545Attachment 50543

Blog Entries
    Adds some excitment to this project when im working on the CAL FIRE repaint and the real aircraft are flying on a fire in my area also

Attachment 50544Attachment 50545Attachment 50543
    Jeremy, you certainly know how to get us fired up buddy! Jealous? Yup! Just so long as those fires don't out of hand.
    But I guess that's why you're teasing all us poor folk LOL! ...How could they get out of control with all that hardware around?

I always get funny looks when all our local hardware show up...3-4 Canadair cl-215's on a good day, winging in low low LOW!...(people here think I'm some kind of freak or such; "what's he so chirpy about?" they whisper.

6-8 Pratt & Whitney R-2800's thumping out the horses, props vibrating the very air you breathe...then I get those funny little men in white coats who want to have "a word with you sir"!

But I just tell them I'm on a special 'assignment' for a famous, well-connected American gentleman by the name of Milton Shupe!
    Always works, they buy it every time; so they get to keep the straightjacket - I get the airshow.
    Good arrangement huh?

I suppose I could actually try telling them I was Milton Shupe, but these guys can be slick; they'd probably end up putting me through some kind of competence test in Gmax and find out the truth!...

...and Milton will have me in front of a firing squad.

It's all your fault Jeremy! I'm never, ever, ever going to look at any of your photos again.

Ever!

edit: Milton will probably put me in front of a firing squad anyway...

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Enjoying the sounds! They add a lot to the whole package. In Anchorage we still comonly hear the R-2800's blasting down the runway. Since the retirement of many of the fire bombers such as the PB4Y, I don't get to hear them rumbling over the house any more.

Cheers: T

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    Enjoying the sounds! They add a lot to the whole package. In Anchorage we still comonly hear the R-2800's blasting down the runway. Since the retirement of many of the fire bombers such as the PB4Y, I don't get to hear them rumbling over the house any more.

Thanks Tom.

Yup! The R-2800 is one mighty engine! Pity about the PB4Y, awesome aircraft indeed.

Well Sir, if you liked the present sounds, wait till you hear the new ones I sent to Milton last night.
    As he's very much up to his elbows getting this show on the road, I doubt if he's had time to take the brand new R_1820's out of their shipping crates yet.

Everything from startup to shutdown has been painstakingly put together from scratch! Going that extra mile as they say.

I rather enjoyed the way you described your working methods. I totally agree that there's no substitute for hands-on work, and use exactly the same hand editing approach with sounds, preferring to calculate the values exactly where I want them.

Cheers,
    Nigel

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Looking great as always, what can I say?

I'd like to offer my services to paint anything, but unfortunately I can't. I upgraded my Norton IS (never had any problems with it, still no probs), but got a deal on Norton utilities. Sounded good, NO!! I can't run many of my programs, can't roll back as the processes all froze and required hard reboot. My recovery program won't even work to roll-back to factory fresh. Right now I'm stuck with very limited resources. Windows recovery/rollback freezes, ah, Sh!t3 with it all is what I'm thinking right now, allthis after my X52 profiler going screwy and causing BSOD, too much to cope with right now. Ready to jack it all in.

On the plus side, I did order a book on Amazon on The DH.88 Comet. 28p plus a couple of bucks postage for the hardback, can't say fairer than that. Specially seeing as it's out of print.

If I ever get things going again, looking forward to this one (4,5?).

regards,
    Jamie

Blog Entries

Interior work

Marcel contacted me and we are in communication now...
    I got going on the interior and here is the progress so far... need to see something on the "French doors" hinges and locking handle...

Attachment 50553

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post

Man is the PB4Y loud or what? I rode in Tanker 121 from Hemet, CA to Casa Grande, AZ earlier this year and even got some stick time. She is a beauty and one of the few if only PB4Y-2 still flying.

Blog Entries

Facing backwards...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Almost all USAF and USN aircraft that carry either passenger pallets or have built in seats face toward the tail...
    It is judged safter for take-off and landing accidents...
    the passenger compartment on the C-5s faces the tail for example... all the pallets on a C-141... idem
    Only exception are the executive jets and prop and turboprops... in the US Army.... at least
    Have no idea about USAF or USN... I am a retired Army officer and never really hopped a ride on their smaller aircraft
    Flew many duty times from Dal Mulin (Vicenza, Italy) to Athens and Istambul and Erzerum in Turkey... on Army C-9s and C-12s

Back in 1960.. USAF C-118s and Constellations had seat pallets facing forward... but from about 1966 or 7.. the seating
    has always been backwards... (the right way.. as far as the guys in the know think... lol)

Marcel contacted me and we are in communication now...
    I got going on the interior and here is the progress so far... need to see something on the "French doors" hinges and locking handle...

Attachment 50553
    WOW! Awesome work; awesome quick!

Here is the only thing I have at the moment but seems you have it already.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

The Grumman Five

On August 1st, the SOH Team Members (all of you), started this project (first gmax poly to get laid) and now on October 23rd, we have some great contributors working hard to bring this to fruition. Most of the modeling is now done except for a few tweaks here and there. Painters are busy in the UK, maybe Greece, California and Florida, panel and gauge design is rushing along behind the scenes in N. Carolina, (thank you Scott Thomas), sounds have been vibrating windows from Greece to Alaska (thank you Nigel), and the flight models have been developed all over the world from Alaska to Singapore and points in between (thank you Fliger747).

The pilots were "born" in the Netherlands (thank you Javis) and the first paint kit in the UK (or was that Greece then) (thank you Matt and simkid22). Lots of assistance came quietly from behind the scenes in the forms of drawings, manuals, and pictures. Thank you guys; you know who you are. Some of you trekked back and forth to/from the airports or museums to get reference pictures. All of this was key in getting as realistic as possible within the constraints.

Let's not forget the S2F-1! That will be the creme de la creme! It will come a little bit later as Javis does his magic as only he can do. I am really looking forward to that one.

Now that I am not holding up progress with modeling, things are poppin'. We should see some amazing stuff s........... in a while.

We are not close to beta yet. That will come once we have the final flight models, panels, gauges, textures, effects and some basic docs in place; maybe a month. {shrug}

Meanwhile, this may be my last chance to show off the five models in their mapped colors. Every model is of course unique. Although they look similar, I assure you that each wing, tail, fuselage, interior, belly and flight models are different. If you do painting for more than one model, you will see that each has its own character. Also throwing in one for interest.

Thanks everyone for helping to get this far, this fast.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Another month or so isn't that far down the road. Thanks one and all.

Pat