CH Combatstick

Thread: CH Combatstick

CH Combatstick

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience with the CH Combatstick or Fighterstick? I just ordered the Combatstick and I am hoping that I have not made a poor choice.

My X-52 started to give out after about a year, and I then replaced the stick with the Logitech 3D pro. After another year the Logitech stick went out. I continue to use the X-52 throttle without issue. I also use Saitek rudder pedals.

I would appreciate any comments from people who use the CH sticks.

Cheers,

Chris:salute:

For the price they charge, I'd return it and get a Hotas Cougar.

You can find them on Ebay or big PC stores.

I've used the CH stick, and it's WAY too loose!

Regards, Diego

Hello skyblazer3,

I've been using CH pedals, Quad throttle, yoke and Fighter Stick for years with out issue or qualification. You won't regret your purchase.

Boz.

Quote Originally Posted by MenendezDiego View Post
    For the price they charge, I'd return it and get a Hotas Cougar.

You can find them on Ebay or big PC stores.

I've used the CH stick, and it's WAY too loose!

Regards, Diego

I completely disagree. The light springs you get used to very quickly....the slop in the Cougar you won't.

I've had my CH Setup for years and never had an issue. I shelved my Cougar right after getting my CH gear. Haven't used it since.
    Ark
    --------------------------
    Win7 64-bit
    Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
    Core i7 920 @ 4.0
    6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Evga GTX 480 SC+
    SB X-FI Fatality
    640GB WD "Black"
    Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer H233H 23" LCD

Guess I'm just used to real world flying where it's all about the pressure you put into the control

Thank you all for responding. I'm sure that the CH stick will be great. I think that the long throw and light spring-tension will take a bit to get used to, but I'm sure it will also be very precise. What I most like about reviews of this stick is how durable it seems to be.

@Diego, thanks for your input on the TM Cougar -- that is a bit out of my price range at the moment. I understand that people either love or hate the Cougar -- but I think this might have something to do with changes at Thrustmaster over the years. I for one, could not find anyone but E-bay selling the cougar. I also understand that the TM Cougar with the force sensing modifications (about $500 worth) makes for an incredible stick.

I will be sure to let you guys know what I think of this CH Combatstick once it arrives on Saturday.

Thanks again,

Chris

The spring tension in my Fighterstick is fine. No, it's not the same as flying a real aircraft, but for that you need a force feedback stick. My Fighterstick has worked just fine for several years now, it's even on its second computer. Thankfully, with durability like that, I don't have to buy new controllers when I build a new computer.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I've had the CH (F-16) Combat Stick for years and have put it through a lot of rough use without any problems so far. Once in awhile I'll spray some silicon down and around the throttle wheel , base of the stick , and the trim wheels . I would not hesitate to buy another one if this one ever gave out . I paired it up with the CH Pro Pedals and have enjoyed years of use . Good luck with your choice .

Rich

Members who have read this thread: 0