PatchPack 1.1 for Virtavia FS9 Phantom II (FSX/P3D all versions).zip
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PatchPack 1.1 for Virtavia FS9 Phantom II (FSX/P3D all versions).zip

PatchPack 1.1 for Virtavia FS9 Phantom II (FSX/P3D all versions).zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military - Jets

Description: Updated standalone version 1.1 of the Phantom PatchPack.

You don't need version 1.

This PatchPack will make the Virtavia Phantom II compatible with FSX and all versions of P3D, including the 64 bit version 4.

I have strived to preserve all functionality and appearance as close to the original as possible, not add new stuff.

The original FS9 package (freeware) is required, download instructions are included in the readme file.

Version 1.1 notes:
    --------------------
    Corrected landing lights angle.

Added navigation and strobe lights to Pack 3.

Fixed airspeed gauge.

Made an additional "J" model in air-to-air configuration, with 2 Sidewinders, 2 Sparrows and center tank, included as "model.6" in Pack 1.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit PatchPack 1.1 for Virtavia FS9 Phantom II (FSX/P3D all versions).zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Sooooo, ........ is this similar to this one, (or based on this one) : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...4D-Phantom-zip , or ?

Lots of versions seem to be out there, hence, a bit confused.

Sorry, for the dumb question.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Sooooo, ........ is this similar to this one, (or based on this one) : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...4D-Phantom-zip , or ?

Lots of versions seem to be out there, hence, a bit confused.

Sorry, for the dumb question.
    That's not a dumb question at all MZee.

No, it's not in any way based on that mod, and is very different implementation-wise, but I guess you could say they are somewhat similar in intentions.

-JP
    Last edited by Penz; March 28th, 2020 at 21:57.
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Forgot to add that I am, of course, still grateful for all suggestions and input!

The models have been my main focus, so undoubtedly there is still room for improvement, both in cockpit instrumentation (as I have attempted a one-to-one adaptation of the original Virtavia instrumentation) and (maybe not least) in the flight model.

I for one would like to thank you for this pack and your efforts!

The only suggestion that I have is take make the models a bit more dull, not as shiny as they are now.

A matter of preference probably!

Thanks again!

Priller

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    I for one would like to thank you for this pack and your efforts!

The only suggestion that I have is take make the models a bit more dull, not as shiny as they are now.

A matter of preference probably!

Thanks again!

Priller
    Thank you Priller!

I have thought about that myself, I'd hate to lose all specularity, but I could experiment with "somewhere in between".

Definitely something I'll look into, thanks for the feedback.

DOH!

I just discovered that I forgot to add the brake chute to the new A-A model, so there will definitely be a "PatchPack-Patch" coming up.

I'll tone down the specularity as well, as suggested, while I'm at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Penz View Post
    DOH!

I just discovered that I forgot to add the brake chute to the new A-A model, so there will definitely be a "PatchPack-Patch" coming up.

I'll tone down the specularity as well, as suggested, while I'm at it.
    Brilliant! Thanks so much!!

I'll start looking for some repaints for these models. I've already added the latest F-4F scheme that served in the Luftwaffe.

BTW: on my install, the bombs still show on the new J-model. I must be doing something wrong... And on my rig (I fly Prepar3D v4.5 only) the engine smoke shows up on the left wingtip. Both of them.

Cheers,

Priller

BTW: on my install, the bombs still show on the new J-model. I must be doing something wrong... And on my rig (I fly Prepar3D v4.5 only) the engine smoke shows up on the left wingtip. Both of them.
    Great stuff Priller!

Re bombs: You probably haven't used the proper model then, the new model definitely has no bombs. It's model.6 in pack 1.
    Re smoke: Hehe, I hadn't noticed that! That's an easy fix, so that will be included in the "PatchPack-Patch" as well.

Thanks again, this kind of feedback is just what I need.

-JP
    Last edited by Penz; March 29th, 2020 at 08:40.

Forgot to add that I am, of course, still grateful for all suggestions and input!

The models have been my main focus, so undoubtedly there is still room for improvement, both in cockpit instrumentation (as I have attempted a one-to-one adaptation of the original Virtavia instrumentation) and (maybe not least) in the flight model.
    Thank you, Penz, for all your work!

Question: does the wingfold work in this model? Not able to get it, if so. Thanks, Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Question: does the wingfold work in this model? Not able to get it, if so.
    Thank you Navy Chief!

Yes, wingfold works for all the models, using the FS standard wingfold command. Note, that there is no default keyboard shortcut defined in FSX or P3D for this, but you can add one, if you want. I use a button on my Cougar HOTAS.

Wings out:

Wings in:

NOTE: Nav lights and strobes on the wing tips are not part of the model, so they won't move when you fold the wings. Turn them off before folding.

-JP

I just want to add that I'm very happy for all the input you guys are giving!

That could only work here at SOH, with the knowledgeable people around, imagine trying to do something similar on AVSIM.

(I love AVSIM for what is is, and visit it daily, so this should not be taken as criticism in any way, it's just a different "demographic"!).

Cheers,
    JP

Here is some graphic input:

Enjoying this bird immensely!

Priller

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    J-79 engine exhaust smoke only comes from the left wingtip in FSX, also. I also had thrust levers maxed out and no A/B flames.

Yes, you can dull down the shine some, i think you suggested "somewhere in-between" and I think you're right, worked around F-4Cs for about two years in USAF, the SEA camo had a dull shine to it but never a gloss. Applied your change pack 1 to orig packs 1, 2, 3 as I moved them into FSX, working perfectly. Many thanks.

Great screenies Priller!

The many awesome repaints made by very talented people was one of the reasons why I thought that it would be nice to update this package.
    Another is the fact that no other models exist for the recce aircraft.
    The third reason is this (the F4-K model):

"Look ma, standing tall on my front leg!":

-JP

(The most important reason was, of course, that I wanted it for myself, lol!).

Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    J-79 engine exhaust smoke only comes from the left wingtip in FSX, also. I also had thrust levers maxed out and no A/B flames.

Yes, you can dull down the shine some, i think you suggested "somewhere in-between" and I think you're right, worked around F-4Cs for about two years in USAF, the SEA camo had a dull shine to it but never a gloss. Applied your change pack 1 to orig packs 1, 2, 3 as I moved them into FSX, working perfectly. Many thanks.
    Thank you SSI01!

Alredy done the "toning down" of shine, thank you for confirming it's the right thing to do.

The stock AB effect is rather subtle, but is is there, if you copied the effects as described in the readme file.

-JP

For those of us looking for repaints and other mods to this model:

https://library.avsim.net/search.php...root&Go=Search

Cheers,

priller

PS: if you're looking for brilliant sounds for this bird: The sounds of the C9 Phantom are the best!!

I have just began to supplement this JP's FSX native version of the Virtavia FS9 Phantom II.
    I've attached some bump and metallic textures and converted the model to PBR P3Dv4.5.
    Attached the nav lights to the wingtips and added glass to the vc canopy and activated the mirrors .
    What's your opinion ?

Thanks Penz!

I had forgotten that there isn't a "assigned" keyboard command for Wingfold. But then again, there is a LOT I forget, nowadays. Anyway, I assigned a Hotas command, and all works as advertised! NC

Thank you Navy Chief!

Yes, wingfold works for all the models, using the FS standard wingfold command. Note, that there is no default keyboard shortcut defined in FSX or P3D for this, but you can add one, if you want. I use a button on my Cougar HOTAS.

Wings out:

Wings in:

NOTE: Nav lights and strobes on the wing tips are not part of the model, so they won't move when you fold the wings. Turn them off before folding.

-JP

Quote Originally Posted by Postbaer61 View Post
    I have just began to supplement this JP's FSX native version of the Virtavia FS9 Phantom II.
    I've attached some bump and metallic textures and converted the model to PBR P3Dv4.5.
    Attached the nav lights to the wingtips and added glass to the vc canopy and activated the mirrors .
    What's your opinion ?

Those shots and textures are beautiful!! Could you please share them?

Priller

What's your opinion ?
    Hi Postbaer!

My opinion is that is looks absolutely wonderful and will work in P3DV4, but not in any other of "my" target sims.

Also, your approach will pretty much invalidate all existing repaints, as they will need the extra textures required for PBR and bump.

But feel free to use my work as platform, I'm very happy that you have picked up the gauntlet, and yes, we want your supplement in P3DV4.

Cheers,
    JP

What's your opinion ?

Just a question: A German F-4D?

Priller

Those shots and textures are beautiful!! Could you please share them?

Priller

Sure, but have to ask JP and Virtavia for permission
    to do that.
    As i stated, i have just began and it's still w.i.p. and it
    would be a mount of work with all the models and repaints.

Ulrich

Just a question: A German F-4D?

Priller
    I've grab it from an existing package, not sure which would be the correct model.

It was only for testing.

Ulrich

Hi Postbaer!

My opinion is that is looks absolutely wonderful and will work in P3DV4, but not in any other of "my" target sims.

Also, your approach will pretty much invalidate all existing repaints, as they will need the extra textures required for PBR and bump.

But feel free to use my work as platform, I'm very happy that you have picked up the gauntlet, and yes, we want your supplement in P3DV4.

Cheers,
    JP
    Thanks a lot for your kinds words, JP.
    and thanks for the permission to use your great
    conversion as a base.

The most textures works as they are, i have added
    the bump and metallic texures in seperate folders.
    But i think i have to build a complet package with
    models an all textures folders.
    Will take a mount of time.

Cheers
    Ulrich

Members who have read this thread: 0