Black Pearl Repaint for Milton's HMS Bounty
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Black Pearl Repaint for Milton's HMS Bounty

Black Pearl Repaint for Milton's HMS Bounty

As you may or may not know, the Bounty played the part of pirate Captain Jack Sparrow's ship 'The Black Pearl' in the 2003 movie 'Pirates of the Caribbean - Curse of the Black Pearl'.
    This repaint is a small tribute to the Bounty and the two crew who perished when the Bounty was lost off the coast of North Carolina in Hurricane Sandy in 2012.

The repaint for the UI and AI Bounty will be uploaded here at SOH today.

Arrrhhh........

Nice looking ship.... ye old seadog.

Avast ye landlubber, Thar she blows and all that rot. Looking forward to the repaint. Looks fantastic!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Worst Pirate I've ever seen.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Members +
    Any chance of converting the Black Pearl repaint to FS2004?

(Pretty please???)

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Any chance of converting the Black Pearl repaint to FS2004?

(Pretty please???)
    Will upload a FS2004 (FS9) later today.
    Right now am trying to find my FS9 installation

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Worst Pirate I've ever seen.
    Like the 'readme' says, there's always the DELETE key.

Now all we need is HMS Interceptor to go with it...

Ttfn

Pete

Black Pearl for FS9

Hi Friends,
    here she is rounding Groix on my good old FS2004
    It was not difficult to convert the textures
    Yours
    Papi

First of all, I managed to save the AI Carrierscfg entries.txt as Sparrow.cfg and saved it in my AI Carriers/Confg folder. I numbered the entries:

[formation.0]
    title=Black Pearl
    unit.0=AI_Black_Pearl, 0, 0

[formation.1]
    title=Black Pearl - anchored
    unit.0=AI_Black_Pearl_anchored, 0, 0

[formation.2]
    title=Black Pearl w launch
    unit.1=HMS Bounty Launch, 15, 0

Next, I copied the texture.AI_black_pearl to the AI_HMSBounty folder.

Now the titles show in the AI carriers menu but I get a failed to load objects in upper left corner of the screen (no show)

What did I do wrong or not do?

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    First of all, I managed to save the AI Carrierscfg entries.txt as Sparrow.cfg and saved it in my AI Carriers/Confg folder. I numbered the entries:

[formation.0]
    title=Black Pearl

[formation.1]
    unit.0=AI_Black_Pearl_anchored, 0, 0

[formation.2]

Next, I copied the texture.AI_black_pearl to the AI_HMSBounty folder.

Now the titles show in the AI carriers menu but I get a failed to load objects in upper left corner of the screen (no show)

What did I do wrong or not do?
    Did you add the AI config entries to your AI HMSBounty folder ?

Did you add the Black Pearl entries to the AI_HMSBounty Sim.cfg file properly?

The AICarriers config entries must match the Sim.cfg's title=XXXXXX entries exactly.
    An example:
    Code:
    [fltsim.0]
    title=HMS Bounty Static No Sails

model=static
    texture=
    Is a [fltsim.X] entry from the latest AI_HMSBounty . The AICarriers file you use to get the Bounty to show should look like this:
    Let's say it's called Bounty.cfg.
    Code:
    [formation.1]
    title=AC_Unit_sm
    unit.0=HMS Bounty Static No Sails, 0, 15
    It's the unit.X= line that matters. Notice it's an exact match for the Sim.cfg Title= line. To avoid typo's, I personally use cut-n-paste to copy from the Sim.cfg file to the AICarriers file. You could put anything you want into the Bounty.cfg file's title= line.
    The first entry in the Bounty.cfg file must be [formation.0], as must the AICarriers.cfg entry.
    HOWEVER there must be an entry at the top of the AICarriers.cfg file that looks like this:
    Code:
    [base]
    throttle=60
    menu_shortcut=shift+j
    confdir=conf.d
    The Bounty.cfg should be located in ...\AICarriers\conf.d folder. Ensure that the original AICarriers.cfg file, that came with the program, is still there and located in ...\AICarriers folder.

I've found that it's best to place added formations in the conf.d folder. It's also best to keep the number of additional .cfg files in the conf.d folder to a minimum, and not to add entries directly to the original AICarriers.cfg file. This keeps the number of entries you need to search through to find the formation you desire to utilize short. You don't want to search through page after page after page of SHFT+J menu entries to find the formation you want.
    As you get more and more add on AI ships, place their included (if any) *.cfg files into a storage folder. I use ...\AICarriers\conf.d\BAXX for mine. I have a lot of .cfg files in there, but only one, or at most two, .cfg files in the conf.d folder.

SO:
    1) The AICarriers.cfg is still there, still relatively pristine, and located in ...\AICarriers
    2) Your Sparrow.cfg file is located in ...\AICarriers\conf.d, but alone, or at least there aren't a ton of other .cfg files there.
    3) The Unit.X= lines in the Sparrow.cfg file match the Title= lines in the AI_HMSBounty's Sim.cfg file. Exactly.
    4) You did add the correct Black Pearl entries in the AI_HMSBounty's sim.cfg file. NOT it's aircraft.cfg file.

I hope something in all this may help...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Here's a small extra update to the pilotable Black Pearl. It is not necessary, but for total immersion sailing the Pearl you may desire it.

Pearl_panel.zip
    Use the zip file a few entries below.
    Also have uploaded the FS2004 (FS9) Black Pearl textures (this panel is already part of the FS2004 upload)..

EDIT: Also if you search the ship you will find the reason Captain Jack Sparrow can appear exactly where he wants.
    Last edited by jmbiii; January 9th, 2019 at 13:45.

Got the Pearl Paintjob and tried her out. Nice 24Knot breeze on a Beam Reach. Had a problem with the pearl panel.zip. 7zip would not unzip or copy the files to my desktop.

The error read....An attempt was made to move the file pointer before the beginning of the file. Never saw that before and I have use 7zip most of the day with some aircraft downloads...all worked fine!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Black Pearl.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	66353
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Got the Pearl Paintjob and tried her out. Nice 24Knot breeze on a Beam Reach. Had a problem with the pearl panel.zip. 7zip would not unzip or copy the files to my desktop.

The error read....An attempt was made to move the file pointer before the beginning of the file. Never saw that before and I have use 7zip most of the day with some aircraft downloads...all worked fine!

Pearl_panel.zip

Zippy See if this one works. I've had trouble attaching in this forum.
    Joe

Thanks Miton Shupe for the Bounty and jmbill for the pearl, Now all we have to do is find Captain Jack Sparrow
    For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    Did you add the AI config entries to your AI HMSBounty folder ?
    I made a cfg file named Sparrow and it is in my AI Carriers/Config folder contents:

[formation.0]
    title=Black Pearl

[formation.1]

[formation.2]

I have another folder in AI Carriers/Config :
    USS Bounty - Contents:
    [formation.0]
    unit.0=static,1,0,0

[formation.1]
    title=HMS Bounty AI with Sails
    unit.0=model_2, 0,0

In the Boats folder :

I have a separate confg "Bounty" - contents:
    [formation.0]
    unit.0=static,1,0,0

[formation.1]
    unit.0=model_2, 0,0

Here are folders in Boats section:

All I want was to use this in AI mode only not driveable - I don't see the little rowboat either.

Butch,

I'll give your post a look when I get home.

The launch is a separate "boat". See post #35 in the FSX Bounty thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post

Zippy See if this one works. I've had trouble attaching in this forum.
    Joe
    Worked fine! Thanks

Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    Did you add the Black Pearl entries to the AI_HMSBounty Sim.cfg file properly?

The AICarriers config entries must match the Sim.cfg's title=XXXXXX entries exactly.
    An example:
    Code:
    [fltsim.0]

model=static
    texture=
    Is a [fltsim.X] entry from the latest AI_HMSBounty . The AICarriers file you use to get the Bounty to show should look like this:
    Let's say it's called Bounty.cfg.
    Code:
    [formation.1]
    title=AC_Unit_sm
    unit.0=HMS Bounty Static No Sails, 0, 15
    It's the unit.X= line that matters. Notice it's an exact match for the Sim.cfg Title= line. To avoid typo's, I personally use cut-n-paste to copy from the Sim.cfg file to the AICarriers file. You could put anything you want into the Bounty.cfg file's title= line.
    The first entry in the Bounty.cfg file must be [formation.0], as must the AICarriers.cfg entry.
    HOWEVER there must be an entry at the top of the AICarriers.cfg file that looks like this:
    Code:
    [base]
    throttle=60
    menu_shortcut=shift+j
    confdir=conf.d
    The Bounty.cfg should be located in ...\AICarriers\conf.d folder. Ensure that the original AICarriers.cfg file, that came with the program, is still there and located in ...\AICarriers folder.

I've found that it's best to place added formations in the conf.d folder. It's also best to keep the number of additional .cfg files in the conf.d folder to a minimum, and not to add entries directly to the original AICarriers.cfg file. This keeps the number of entries you need to search through to find the formation you desire to utilize short. You don't want to search through page after page after page of SHFT+J menu entries to find the formation you want.
    As you get more and more add on AI ships, place their included (if any) *.cfg files into a storage folder. I use ...\AICarriers\conf.d\BAXX for mine. I have a lot of .cfg files in there, but only one, or at most two, .cfg files in the conf.d folder.

SO:
    1) The AICarriers.cfg is still there, still relatively pristine, and located in ...\AICarriers
    2) Your Sparrow.cfg file is located in ...\AICarriers\conf.d, but alone, or at least there aren't a ton of other .cfg files there.
    3) The Unit.X= lines in the Sparrow.cfg file match the Title= lines in the AI_HMSBounty's Sim.cfg file. Exactly.
    4) You did add the correct Black Pearl entries in the AI_HMSBounty's sim.cfg file. NOT it's aircraft.cfg file.

I hope something in all this may help...
    Pat☺
    The Bounty works just fine. It's getting the black pearl to show in AI. The pearl with/with out show in the AI menu screen but not on the water.

What I guess I meant to ask was: when you added the Black Pearl textures to the AI_HMS Bounty folder, did you add the correct entries into the sim.cfg file in there? You seem to utilize the words "file" and "folder" interchangeably. Two entirely different animals, really they are.

The sim.cfg file is what is needed for AI ships. The one that comes with the Bounty looks like this at the top. :
    Code:
    [fltsim.0]

model=static
    texture=

[fltsim.1]

model=sails
    texture=
    Did you add one that may look something like this:
    Code:
    [fltsim.2]
    title=HMS Black Pearl AI with Sails

model=sails
    texture=Ai_Black_Pearl
    That's what you need to add to the sim.cfg file.

Your "folder" structuring in AICarriers confuses me. There shouldn't BE an ...\AICarriers\Config folder. There should be an ...\AICarriers\conf.d, but no others unless you make one to store various .cfg files.

You have shown 3 of the .cfg files for AICarriers. It will only use files that end in .cfg IF they're in the ...\AICarriers\conf.d folder. The other it will use is the AICarriers.cfg file that came with AICarriers. I strongly suggest leaving that one alone entirely, and only making your own .cfg files in the conf.d folder.

SO: If you want to use a file you showed, Sparrow.cfg, place it in the ...\AICarriers\conf.d folder. Forget all the other files you showed me for now. Let's just stick to the following files: ...\AICarriers\AICarriers.cfg, ...\AICarriers\conf.d\Sparrow.cfg, and the file ...\Boats\AI_HMSBounty\sim.cfg
    Also, add the entry I showed to the file named sim.cfg in the folder ...\Boats\AI_HMSBounty.

This should make the Black Pearl show up in the SHFT+J menu, and in the world when selected.

Let me know if this helps at all...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Members +
    Many thanks for the FS2004 version...
    How about a black launch?

Regards,
    Robin

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    What I guess I meant to ask was: when you added the Black Pearl textures to the AI_HMS Bounty folder, did you add the correct entries into the sim.cfg file in there? You seem to utilize the words "file" and "folder" interchangeably. Two entirely different animals, really they are.

The sim.cfg file is what is needed for AI ships. The one that comes with the Bounty looks like this at the top. :
    Code:
    [fltsim.0]

model=static
    texture=

[fltsim.1]

model=sails
    texture=
    Did you add one that may look something like this:
    Code:
    [fltsim.2]
    title=HMS Black Pearl AI with Sails

model=sails
    texture=Ai_Black_Pearl
    That's what you need to add to the sim.cfg file.

Your "folder" structuring in AICarriers confuses me. There shouldn't BE an ...\AICarriers\Config folder. There should be an ...\AICarriers\conf.d, but no others unless you make one to store various .cfg files.

You have shown 3 of the .cfg files for AICarriers. It will only use files that end in .cfg IF they're in the ...\AICarriers\conf.d folder. The other it will use is the AICarriers.cfg file that came with AICarriers. I strongly suggest leaving that one alone entirely, and only making your own .cfg files in the conf.d folder.

SO: If you want to use a file you showed, Sparrow.cfg, place it in the ...\AICarriers\conf.d folder. Forget all the other files you showed me for now. Let's just stick to the following files: ...\AICarriers\AICarriers.cfg, ...\AICarriers\conf.d\Sparrow.cfg, and the file ...\Boats\AI_HMSBounty\sim.cfg
    Also, add the entry I showed to the file named sim.cfg in the folder ...\Boats\AI_HMSBounty.

This should make the Black Pearl show up in the SHFT+J menu, and in the world when selected.

Let me know if this helps at all...
    Pat☺
    Hopefully these pictures will revel a bit more:
    As you can see I do have a FOLDER named conf.d and in it you can see the FILES.

This is the contents of the USS bounty FILE:

THis is the contents of the Sparrow.cfg FILE

Refer ^ to #17 for the folders (textures) added to the USS Bounty FOLDER

Right now, all I've got is the sparrow (Black ship) showing in AI Carriers MENU only - no ships show;
    the Bounty is both in the Menu and is visible in P3D

AIBTC and AICarriers

Okay, I have been doing some testing with AIBTC (AI Boat Traffic Compiler) and AICarriers, and have some interesting findings.

CAVEAT: This testing was done using P3Dv3, Win10, all model versions of the Bounty and many other AI ships/boats.

The main one is that it appears both AIBTC and AICarriers do not recognize ship/boat titles in the 'Aircraft.cfg' files. But there are exceptions.

In AICarriers some ships/boats with only the 'Aircraft.cfg' will show up and run properly if it is the only 'unit.x'. If another 'unit.x' is in the formation
    it may sit still or back up.
    In AIBTC I have observed ship/boats with only the 'Aircraft.cfg' show up but perform great leaps and dives looking like a Porpoise!

For most ships the 'Aircraft.cfg' file title appears to be only recognized when using an aircraft AI traffic compiler such as TTools or AIFP3.

If a ship/boat has both files in their folder, AIBTC and AICarriers will find the sim.cfg and recognize the ship title.
    When both titles are the same it will still use the sim.cfg title. I think this is why sometime ships do not show as expected.

If you look at all the AI ships that Henrik Nielsen has produced, none have the 'Aircraft.cfg' file, just the 'sim.cfg'. The same
    applies to all the ships in the Haze Gray payware package.

I have taken a ship with only the 'Aircraft.cfg' and stripped the .cfg file of all but the items found in a sim.cfg file and renamed it to sim.cfg
    and successfully turned it into an AI.

Pretty much confusing. Still working on it and will post the traffic file I promised later.

Shouldn't there be some model files with the black pearl -I know with the bounty there are.
    Trying to figure out why the Black pearl isn't showing up on the water.

I think, for now, I will just delete the Pearl and work with known/working entity - Bounty.

That's a shame, nice looking boat too.

Members who have read this thread: 0