Prepar3D v4.3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prepar3D v4.3

Prepar3D v4.3

Prepar3D v4.3 is up at LM

Dick

Wow - does anybody know anything about the C-130 model, please? Who's the developer? What interesting news, Dick! Thank you....
    Best regards, Manfred.

Really appreciate these features:

• Added Scenery Library and Add-ons to the Startup Screen.
    • Added interactive Map to the Airport Selection Screen.

Now then, how to install? Do I need to completely uninstall V4.2? Thanks, NC

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Wow - does anybody know anything about the C-130 model, please? Who's the developer? What interesting news, Dick! Thank you....
    Based on a screenshot at Avsim, it looks like the Captain Sim C-130 series.

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Now then, how to install? Do I need to completely uninstall V4.2? Thanks, NC
    No you don't need to completely uninstall at all.
    You just need to uninstall the "client" part of P3D.
    You go into the windows control panel -> Programs (where you get the list of programs to uninstall).
    Scroll down, you'll find several lines for P3D. One of them concerns the "client" (others are for scenery or content, for example).
    Just uninstall the 4.2 client.
    Then, install the 4.3 client.
    That's all.

Actually, you also have to reinstall the Objects to get the new planes, and the Scenery to get the scenery fixes.

However, to keep all your settings, etc, this is what I did and it worked fine:
    1) Uninstall Prepar3D 4.2 client. Install 4.3 Client
    2) Uninstall Prepar3D 4.2 Objects. Install 4.3 Objects
    3) Uninstall Prepar3D 4.2 Scenery. Install 4.3 Scenery

Right now Ultimate Traffic Live works fine, but ActiveSky does a version check and shuts down. I'm sure they'll have it patched in a jiffy.

The C-130 is an updated version of the Captain Sim plane. H and J models only, but KC-, AC- and HC-130 varieties included. Still would love to to see the Captain Sim version made P3D 4 compatible, as it was fun to fly the older and odder models too.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018-6-25_16-0-36-50.jpg   2018-6-25_16-4-20-334.jpg   2018-6-25_15-41-38-618.jpg   2018-6-25_15-52-44-275.jpg  

Well, I got it all updated. Seems to be working ok so far, except right off the bat, Tacpack is not compatible with it. Here we go again. NC

P3D is now entering the Combat sim world in a totally new way. Natively.

SDK now includes:

"Added damage state variable to ModuleSim. Variable can be set via scenario, PDK, or SimVar and will be serialized in multiplayer. Developers can use this variable to control model appearances."
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

The C-130 has some texture problem. You can see it in my screen shot and the one above on the United States Coast Guard screen shot above. Look at the drop tanks. It's on all the C-130's with the update.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 130.jpg  
    Greg :USA-flag:

Has anyone tried ORBX or Active sky with the new version?

Since CaptianSim has updated there C-130 enough to put a free version into base sim, hopefully they will soon release the full package as V4 compatible, but of course I hoped JF would do that with there connie, and that did not happen.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Not for certain of course, but this may sound the death knell for Instant Scenery 3 and P3D_V4 and beyond. After waiting over a year now for V4.2 compatibility. . .now V4.3 is released. . .
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    I am assuming that the Objects is contained in the Content download.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Well, I got it all updated. Seems to be working ok so far, except right off the bat, Tacpack is not compatible with it. Here we go again. NC
    NC, yes I guess one has to wait for all to catch up, but hey one less FSX model I have to port over as a Herc fan. I was just getting used to 4.2 and just got Activesky running.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    While LM have "fixed" the problem with panning using the numeric keypad it is now like a sea sick sailor's breakfast. The 4 key pans down the 2 key pans left the 8 key is pot luck. The only key to work properly is the 6 key. I am going to do a full install to se if that fixes the problem.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

shouldn't you just check the key assignments in the controls options before uninstalling everything ?

Thank you all - will give it a try next days, especially because of the CS C-130. Regarding the textures, hopefully the original paints will work.
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Thank you all - will give it a try next days, especially because of the CS C-130. Regarding the textures, hopefully the original paints will work.

Yes they work (as long as they are in the DDS file type) but you will still have the texture problem on the external fuel tank.
    Greg :USA-flag:

I managed to summon the courage to upgrade from v4.0 to 4.1 last year, but have refrained from moving to 4.2 for fear - again - of messing something up, based on confusing discussions about having to save or risk losing parts of your P3D install. Last time I think I just reinstalled the "client" and one "content" download. I have "outsourced" parts of my install (e.g. Simobjects, Addon scenery) to a different drive than the one which my core P3D resides.

Question: to upgrade to 4.3 (with the C-130) without having to save anything or do any more risky extra re-install dance - which of the 13 different components do I need to just download, uninstall and then reinstall? Like before, I don't think I need any of the scenery files (that correct more obscure scenery bugs).

I reckon I need the first four listed and the last setup exe. I don't see anything saying "Objects" as mentioned by DennyA above.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled.jpg  
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Not moving from 4.2 just yet, I'll give LM some time to fix the niggles.
    And I'm going to check out the ORBX forums to see what their situation on 4.3 is.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Not moving from 4.2 just yet, I'll give LM some time to fix the niggles.
    And I'm going to check out the ORBX forums to see what their situation on 4.3 is.
    ORBX has updated FTX Central for v3 compatibility. Active Sky has a v3 beta available on their website. I'm currently in the process of adding in ORBX Global.
    LM is aware of the texture issues on the C130 and have stated in the forums that it will be repaired in the next update.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=120861

LM's instructions for client, content, and/or scenery updates. Page down for the content upgrade install.

When I asked in the Orbx forums for the 4.2 update about installing the 4.2 scenery component, it was recommended
    not to, as this might overwrite a number of Orbx entries, in particular FTX Global.

Hope that helps.

- RobM

Here's what I did and things are looking solid with no issues from 4.2 despite having Ultimate Traffic Live, OrbX, and ActiveSky installed:

1) Uninstall Prepar3D 4.2 client. Install 4.3 Client
    2) Uninstall Prepar3D 4.2 Content. Install 4.3 Content.
    3) Uninstall Prepar3D 4.2 Scenery. Install 4.3 Scenery
    4) Update ActiveSky to the new beta.
    5) Update FTX Central 3 and reinstall FTX Global (because I was getting some texture issues due to the scenery reinstall)

You could probably ignore the scenery update if you don't fly in any of these areas and don't care about the tree updates:
    Prepar3D Scenery Fixes and Improvements
    Fixed scenery errors causing trenches to appear along Cyprus.
    Fixed elevation and exclusion issues at YBUD.
    Fixed elevation issues in Guam.
    Added American Elm and Acacia mild winter SpeedTree variations

Last edited by DennyA; June 26th, 2018 at 12:16.

Never a good idea to jump right in and install these updates until all the addons have been updated too. It’s usually weeks before the vrs super bug and tacpac are compatible. Let alone active sky and orbx.
    What’s the rush? I’ll bet anything LM will tweet it some more. Those of you that can’t wait are the 1st to complain it doesn’t work right.
    Three great things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life where you get to experience all three at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Not for certain of course, but this may sound the death knell for Instant Scenery 3 and P3D_V4 and beyond. After waiting over a year now for V4.2 compatibility. . .now V4.3 is released. . .
    Really going to miss IS3 for sure . Used it quite often to spruce up several airports . I still have FSX Steam but rarely use it . Seriously thinging of doing a complete clean install of P3D v4.3. and then selectively add AC and scenery here and there . Biggest time consumer ORBX on a clean install .

Rich
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

Members who have read this thread: 0