FR North Star / Argonaut Released - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FR North Star / Argonaut Released

Blog Entries
    Thanks Nick...downloading!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Thanks Nick, always like a little variety between the different types, military and civil which was the norm then. As I spend more time with this model the more impressed I am, the attention to details is just great, like the Heron really sets the standard for FSX.

Addendum - Maximum crosswind for the Argonaut is 30 knots. Interesting early accident of a Canadian military version at Shemya in Alaska, basically lost control on landing, seems the wind was all crosswind and blowing greater than 50 knots, typical Aleutian weather.

I thought this was interesting... ripples in the skin due to the aircraft was pressurized done by Chock over at Avsim.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Thanks again, another beauty indeed.
    Regards,
    Nick

JEANSY - Thanks for this one. I downloaded and installed but I seem to be getting a funny mottled or almost speckled effect when FSX is running (FSX.cfg is set to display 4096 size textures), you will see that it is only the fuselage not the engine nacelles and it was the same on the runway as in the air. Any ideas what may be making this happen? Oh the scenery is ORBX AU - Avalon area.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tn_2017-3-20_23-2-26-198.jpg  

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    G'day Mike,

Wanted to send this via PM but there is nothing for attachments.

On a recent flight using one of Matt's repaints I noticed that something seemed to be different with a particular set of switches. To me they seemed to be transparent. Below is a screenshot of the switches in question. Can't believe I missed it earlier.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Argonaut upper panel.jpg  

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    JEANSY - Thanks for this one. I downloaded and installed but I seem to be getting a funny mottled or almost speckled effect when FSX is running (FSX.cfg is set to display 4096 size textures), you will see that it is only the fuselage not the engine nacelles and it was the same on the runway as in the air. Any ideas what may be making this happen? Oh the scenery is ORBX AU - Avalon area.

sorry mate I cant see it to well in your screen shot, and i have no idea as I use P3D, if you do a close up of the area if concern i may know the problem and or the fix

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    G'day Mike,

Wanted to send this via PM but there is nothing for attachments.

On a recent flight using one of Matt's repaints I noticed that something seemed to be different with a particular set of switches. To me they seemed to be transparent. Below is a screenshot of the switches in question. Can't believe I missed it earlier.

Hello Pat,

I have both the repaints and neither of them has any VC repainting in them.
    Looking at your picture, it all looks very bright indeed, does it not look the same
    in the VC of the default repaints?
    I don't think what you are seeing has anything to do with the textures but perhaps
    with your settings?
    Regards,
    Nick

Nick I checked several models including the default repaints. In fact the VC is original.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Pat, are you familiar with these typical transparent switch guards ? I believe the're made out of perspex. Usually they cover the whole switch from the sides. Made of metal often too and painted in a striking color. Like in your screenie you'll usually see the switches thru the sides of the transparent perspex guards, might give you the idea of the switches being transparent...

Compare them with the unguarded switches at the right... They don't look much different, do they..

http://skyviking.net/svwp/?p=604

Interesting article about North Star/Argonaut. Especially about Merlins cooling during ground running and take-off.

Thanks, please see post 12
    Still interesting though.
    Regards,
    Nick

Avionics/Radio Master

Hi all,

fantastic airplane :-)

I seem to be unable to find the avionics/radio master. The Radios stay off until I use an assigned hotkey to switch the avionics on.
    What am I doing wrong?

-Don

To the best of my knowledge Don, the North Star didn't (and doesn't) have one. Do you have the generators turned on? Been a while since I've flown it but having the battery turned on (if the engines aren't running and generators on) should give you power to the radios. I'll have to install it again to check further.

ATB
    DaveB

Have you used the 'A' key to cycle through the various overhead panels? You will find all the necessary switches there including the Master Battery Switch.

Cheers
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    To the best of my knowledge Don, the North Star didn't (and doesn't) have one. Do you have the generators turned on? Been a while since I've flown it but having the battery turned on (if the engines aren't running and generators on) should give you power to the radios. I'll have to install it again to check further.

ATB
    DaveB
    Thanks, it was my bad. I had a cold&dark save state where somehow the avionics master variable was set to "off".
    I loaded the plane again - avionics/radios are on as soon as battery master is set to on.

I did a shutdown by the book and now have a correct cold&dark save state.

-Don

Excellent Don.. glad you're sorted

ATB
    DaveB

A couple more

Regards,
    Nick

Members who have read this thread: 0