New planes and repaints wishlist - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New planes and repaints wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by ksw1375 View Post
    hey!! Cessna 421 by either Alabeo or Just Flight and Noordyne UC-64A Norseman by Alabeo or Just Flight same....

Antonov An-12 by Dino Cattaneo
    Antonov An-70 by Dino Cattaneo
    Antonov An-140 by Dino Cattaneo
    Antonov An-178 by IRIS Simulations
    Vickers Varsity by Just Flight

British Aerospace ATP by MILVIZ

Dornier 328(Whatever -100/110/120/130 Turboprop and -300 Jet) by IRIS Simulations
    Embraer EMB 120 Brasilia by IRIS Simulations
    Fairchild Merlin IIIB by Carenado
    Xian MA60 by IRIS Simulations
    And none of those will happen for fs2004.
    All those developers threw fs2004 out like a worn out tyre once X came along, despite most people at the time being unable to run X becaause the system specs weren't there.
    P'raps you should ask in FSX forum.

Ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    ! wish I could finish the projects I'm already working on.

Wishlist for aircraft?

Hmmm...

Curtiss_SOC-1Seagull
    Gloster Gauntlet
    Fairey Swordfish
    de Havilland Vampire
    Handley Page Halifax

Anyone for a Sea Fury Pack inclusive of Reno Racer variants?

Thanks Nigel,

I really look forward to the Gauntlet. To fly, but also to paint it, as I love these interwar British Aircraft.

Cheers,
    Huub

! wish I could finish the projects I'm already working on.

Wishlist for aircraft?

Hmmm...

Curtiss_SOC-1Seagull
    Gloster Gauntlet
    Fairey Swordfish
    de Havilland Vampire
    Handley Page Halifax...

I wish you could too! I've wished for years that Paul's SOC had a wheels version, and his floatplane is old and not up to the state of the art today.

I've long wished for a really nice Swordfish on floats, and a new one on wheels would be nice too.

The others appeal to me too, so I hope you can get them finished.

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Thanks Nigel,

I really look forward to the Gauntlet. To fly, but also to paint it, as I love these interwar British Aircraft.

Cheers,
    Huub
    First I must finish what is in the pot. I heartily share your love of interwar aircraft, Huub - hopefully you'll like the AVRO series now moving towards finish Line.
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    Polair Tri-Trubo DC-3

DC-3 on floats

Ford tri-motor on floats

He51

and oh yeah on the YC-125

Waco SRE
    He51 been done by Craig Richardson (classicwings)... wayback machine has fs2004 version here ---> https://web.archive.org/web/20080616.../he51/he51.zip

FSX version on his site... https://www.classicwings.net/

ttfn

Pete

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    I wish you could too! I've wished for years that Paul's SOC had a wheels version, and his floatplane is old and not up to the state of the art today.

I've long wished for a really nice Swordfish on floats, and a new one on wheels would be nice too.

The others appeal to me too, so I hope you can get them finished.
    Well Mick - no harm in giving it our best.

Have always had a love affair with the Swordfish for some reason.

It's a massive machine - same height as a London double-decker would you believe.
    When I worked in London (many moons ago) I used to spend whole lunch breaks pawing over The Imperial War Museum's example.

Yet in the Air, its perceived clumsiness becomes agile and magestic grace.

Aahhhhhh!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Another plane to wish for.

I will also hope for a freeware grob g520 turboprop high altitude reconnaissance and surveillance plane.

Oh,just one last bird I forgot to put on my list: Stinson L-1.

Forgot to mention the Sherpa Turbine bush plane. Looks like a beast but fun to fly.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sherpa1.jpg  
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

Naturally, when I made my list, I couldn't think of the one plane that's been at or near the top of my wish list for as long as I've been in the hobby: a Vought Corsair.

No, not the famous F4U Corsair, which should have been called the Corsair II, or perhaps Corsair III, or maybe even Corsair IV.

I mean the original Vought Corsair from the late 1920s and early 1930s, and it would require a whole series of models to depict it properly. It started with the O2U-1 through O2U-4, then went to the O3U-1 through -6, and spawned a side branch of SU-1 through SU-4 with all but the SU's operated on both wheels and floats. Like the Spitfire, it evolved through a series of very gradual changes, so there was no point where a new name or designation was needed or even appropriate (though that didn't stop the Navy from giving it three different designations through the years) but after all of the many incremental changes, about all that was left of the O2U-1 in the O3U-6 was probably the pilot's seat and control column, and maybe the wheels and tires of the landplane and carrier variants.

Corsairs flew from Navy air fields, carriers, cruisers, battleships, reserve bases and Marine bases from the late 1920s through the mid-1930s with the fleet and the Corps, and to eve of WW2 with the reserves. They were the most numerous aircraft in the Navy until the big PBY production boom of the late 1930s.

Several years ago, before my hiatus from the hobby, I was involved in an abortive project to produce that whole series for FS9. Alas, we weren't even finished with the first version when the modeler retired from his job and found that his retirement was so busy that he no longer had time for any FS modeling. (I know that feeling; I had more time for FS before I retired too!)

There was an O2U-1 for an earlier FS version, I no longer remember which one, maybe FS98, but it was pretty crude, and it lost its prop in FS9. Otherwise, I don't believe there's ever been any version of any original Corsair for any version of FS.

Corsairs, Corsairs, Corsairs! We need Corsairs! If someone would make the models I'd be happy to supply the research and the paint brush.

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    I would like too see an Me 109 G12, for fs9.

SOH-CM-2020
    If I may suppose a wish: a Short Skyvan remake would be magnificent.

Best regards,
    Elmar

Blog Entries
    Naturally, when I made my list, I couldn't think of the one plane that's been at or near the top of my wish list for as long as I've been in the hobby: a Vought Corsair.

No, not the famous F4U Corsair, which should have been called the Corsair II, or perhaps Corsair III, or maybe even Corsair IV.

I mean the original Vought Corsair from the late 1920s and early 1930s, and it would require a whole series of models to depict it properly. It started with the O2U-1 through O2U-4, then went to the O3U-1 through -6, and spawned a side branch of SU-1 through SU-4 with all but the SU's operated on both wheels and floats. Like the Spitfire, it evolved through a series of very gradual changes, so there was no point where a new name or designation was needed or even appropriate (though that didn't stop the Navy from giving it three different designations through the years) but after all of the many incremental changes, about all that was left of the O2U-1 in the O3U-6 was probably the pilot's seat and control column, and maybe the wheels and tires of the landplane and carrier variants.

Corsairs flew from Navy air fields, carriers, cruisers, battleships, reserve bases and Marine bases from the late 1920s through the mid-1930s with the fleet and the Corps, and to eve of WW2 with the reserves. They were the most numerous aircraft in the Navy until the big PBY production boom of the late 1930s.

Several years ago, before my hiatus from the hobby, I was involved in an abortive project to produce that whole series for FS9. Alas, we weren't even finished with the first version when the modeler retired from his job and found that his retirement was so busy that he no longer had time for any FS modeling. (I know that feeling; I had more time for FS before I retired too!)

There was an O2U-1 for an earlier FS version, I no longer remember which one, maybe FS98, but it was pretty crude, and it lost its prop in FS9. Otherwise, I don't believe there's ever been any version of any original Corsair for any version of FS.

Corsairs, Corsairs, Corsairs! We need Corsairs! If someone would make the models I'd be happy to supply the research and the paint brush.
    Hmmm...Now that's awesome fresh food for thought, if ever I saw it.

Must have come in way below my personal radar - I must say, I like it, Mick!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6a00d834543b6069e200e54fa4a28e8833-800wi.jpg  

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Quote Originally Posted by Elmar View Post
    If I may suppose a wish: a Short Skyvan remake would be magnificent.

Best regards,
    Elmar
    http://secure.simmarket.com/virtualc...r-fs2004.phtml
    several Shorts included, don't have it though. (YET)

I wish for blank textures(paint kit)for maam sim c47 all theaters expansion pack.

Hey All,

A big big even bigly yes on the sherpa!!

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Hmmm...Now that's awesome fresh food for thought, if ever I saw it.

Must have come in way below my personal radar - I must say, I like it, Mick!

Oh, yes - I neglected to mention that some of 'em even had amphibious floats. And they operated from carriers on those too sometimes, though the one in the picture is from a battleship-based observation squadron.

If you feel like making the models, I'm ready with the reference material and the paint brush.

They went through two (or three? memory is fuzzy) upper wings, two or three lower wings, two fuselages, four vertical tails, two horizontal tails, and two different kinds of floats The final version even had an enclosed cockpit. It would be a fine project and the models would be wonderful to behold, especially in their amazing variety of colorful pre-war markings.

Blog Entries
    Oh, yes - I neglected to mention that some of 'em even had amphibious floats. And they operated from carriers on those too sometimes, though the one in the picture is from a battleship-based observation squadron.

If you feel like making the models, I'm ready with the reference material and the paint brush.

They went through two (or three? memory is fuzzy) upper wings, two or three lower wings, two fuselages, four vertical tails, two horizontal tails, and two different kinds of floats The final version even had an enclosed cockpit. It would be a fine project and the models would be wonderful to behold, especially in their amazing variety of colorful pre-war markings.
    I'd probably now put it above the Curtiss in my list of probables - the amphibious version clinches the deal.
    Biplanes really hog the polys - after the AVRO's, I reckon we'll have more insight towards more judicious use of them.

Teh Pratt & Whitney R-1690 Hornet would be an interesting modeling challenge - love the intricacies of radial engines.

Mick; on completion of what I have in the workshop (and boat shed), I'll be more specific of what's coming next.

For now: following a host of improvements and rebuilds, the Avro series is now happily nearing completion of VC. After that, Milton's Bounty Launch and accompanying scenery will be in for finals. At last I now have all my scenery progs working after a frustrating (emotional?) upgrade to Windows 7.0.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    All of the above at UKmil web-site.
    Granted one or two could do with updating.

Ttfn

Pete
    I knew I got my early model Harriers from someplace. The Jaguar on UKMil is a modification pre-Virtavia/Alphasim full release of their model as freeware so you can also get it from the Virtavia freeware page.

Alphasim/Virtavia Jaguar Set 1
    http://www.virtavia.com/Freeware/ALP...1_FS02_FS9.zip

Alphasim/Virtavia Jaguar Set 2
    http://www.virtavia.com/Freeware/ALP...2_FS02_FS9.zip

Frankly, I wouldn't mind seeing an updated F-35 since Iris' model is a little long in the tooth.

I'd probably now put it above the Curtiss in my list of probables ...
    OK, just remember that you have all the reference information and a skin painter ready to help. You know where to find me!

BTW, I've been using Win7Pro for more than five years now and I still don't like it. Getting old FS-relayed software to work in can be a bear sometimes. Running a program in XP compatibility mode doesn't always work as advertised, and the WinXP Virtual Machine that comes with 7Pro version isn't al it's cracked up to be either.

I'd have stuck with XP but when I got my last rig built up it was already too late to buy a copy of XP, and it couldn't be ripped it from the old rig because that confutor had crashed terminally and the OS couldn't be recovered intact. Bah! I hate M$!

In the hope of stoking interest in the Corsair, I can't resist a quick review of the type's versatility. It started as an observation (VO) type that flew from the battlewagons to spot the fall of shot. Then they equipped the cruiser scouting squadrons (VCS) for long range search. They served with all the carrier scouting squadrons (VS) where they helped pioneer US Navy carrier operations, and with all the Marine observation and scouting squadrons. Christian Schilt's Medal of Honor mission in Nicaragua was flown in a Corsair. Corsairs served as admiral's barges, and general utility planes. They flew with the Coast Guard on border patrol in Texas. They were in every Naval Air Reserve squadron. Those planes that went after King Kong were Corsairs from the reserve base in Brooklyn. Corsairs were everywhere, like seagulls around a fishing pier; they were the stalwarts of American naval aviation for many years and they were still around in second line duty for years more.

It's always been a mystery to me that modelers apparently haven't been interested in them. They were in King Kong twice, the 1933 original and Peter Jackson's remake; you'd think that would've gotten them noticed. Curious.

OK, I'll be quiet now.

I would like to add to the wish list:

1) More freeware modelers for FS2004

2) More freeware modelers for FS9 :-)

3) More people interested in learning gmax so they could fall into categories 1 and 2 :-)

I am trying to develop video tutorials (to supplement my C-162 graphic one) on YouTube to ease new modelers into gmax and get them productive.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    I am trying to develop video tutorials (to supplement my C-162 graphic one) on YouTube to ease new modelers into gmax and get them productive.
    C-162? has in Cessna SkyCatcher? Is it the one by Abacus? I think thats the only thing they ever put out that I liked.

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by jackryan172 View Post
    C-162? has in Cessna SkyCatcher? Is it the one by Abacus? I think thats the only thing they ever put out that I liked.

Sean
    Sean,

No, I used the C-162 Skycatcher as the example in the tutorial series. I did not release it. The one from Abacus is different.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    I would like to add to the wish list:

1) More freeware modelers for FS2004

2) More freeware modelers for FS9 :-)

3) More people interested in learning gmax so they could fall into categories 1 and 2 :-)

Milton's C - 162 is an exceptional tutorial that will put you comfortably into Gmax and exporting your first model.

The steps are beautifully clarified, and thoroughly explanatory.

Heartily recommended to anyone wishing to take the plunge.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Members who have read this thread: 0