A Miles M14 Magister RAF basic trainer for Fs9.

Thread: A Miles M14 Magister RAF basic trainer for Fs9.

A Miles M14 Magister RAF basic trainer for Fs9.

Hi Folks,

An early Christmas present for you. A Miles M14 Magister RAF basic trainer for the sims. Along with 19(!) textures for it. I put in some nice animations and varied the pilots flying kit, along with some new detailed pilots heads etc. Please do read the README, thanks. With the testers at the moment, but soon .

Cheers

Shessi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mag P4640 Fs9 1.jpg   Mag Eire Fs9 2.jpg   Mag L5933 Fs9 3.jpg   Mag L5933-2 Fs9 4.jpg   Mag LW 1941 Fs9 5.jpg   Mag LW 1942 Fs9 6.jpg  

Mag P2378 Fs9 7.jpg   Mag P2399 Fs9 8.jpg   Mag P2449 Fs9 9.jpg   Mag P6374 Fs9 10.jpg   Mag P6382 Fs9 11.jpg   Mag R1883 Fs9 12.jpg  

Mag R1918 Fs9 13.jpg   Mag R1944 Fs9 14.jpg   Mag Rumania Fs9 15.jpg   Mag Russia Fs9 16.jpg  

And.......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mag SAAF Fs9 17.jpg   Mag T9883 Fs9 18.jpg   Mag V1075 Fs9 19.jpg   Mag VC.jpg   Mag Blind flying.jpg  

Very nice Shessi! Is the model related to the one by Ted Cook? In normal language, do the textures for the Ted Cook version fit? Or can they be adapted in a simple way? Or is this a complete new model?

I already see it has different pilots.

Cheers,
    Huub

Hi Huub,
    No, this is a completely new model converted and remodelled from IL-2. I only put Ted Cook's Magister's VC in it, as it was more accurate than the IL-2 one.

I have also included a blank void tex for people who want to have a go at new texs. You can use it to fit your texs on easier, or do some new ones.

Cheers

Shessi

Stunning, as ever, Shessi. I look forward to this early Christmas pressie with all the patience of a 4 year old seeing the gifts under the tree.
    Andy

Nice one Shess.

I have Uncle Ted's and this will fit in really nicely.

If I could make a suggestion,how about a Master II,you know the Mercury engined one?,Ted's is a Master III with
    the P&W Wasp in it.

I have some line drawings I could send you if it would help at all(if you fancy doing one that is).

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Hi Huub,
    No, this is a completely new model converted and remodelled from IL-2. I only put Ted Cook's Magister's VC in it, as it was more accurate than the IL-2 one.

I have also included a blank void tex for people who want to have a go at new texs. You can use it to fit your texs on easier, or do some new ones.

Cheers

Shessi
    Thanks for your reply. Definitely another model to look forward for. Normally IL2 models are quite easy to paint as they only use one texture, so it might be easier to just do a new repaint instead of trying to cut and past an existing livery.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by Miggers View Post
    If I could make a suggestion,how about a Master II,you know the Mercury engined one?,Ted's is a Master III with
    the P&W Wasp in it.
    Or the Master I with the Kestrel .....

Quote Originally Posted by SPman View Post
    Or the Master I with the Kestrel .....
    The Miles M9A Master Mk.1a (with Kestrel engine) by Ed Cook is available at Flightsim.com. Just search for the file m9a_v02.zip.

But I actually thought this thread was about the Miles Magister........

Cheers,
    Huub

Shessi,
    Thanks for another great model. Looking forward to trying it. A general question to all modelers and paint folks: How many hours do you estimate it takes you to make one of these models? It's amazing to me how many are shared with the community freely.

thanks again
    normb

Hi Folks,
    Just uploaded the model to the library.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=205&id=29640

Cheers

Shessi

p.s Hi normb...how long is a piece of string?...lol. I'm cheating somewhat (still takes a lot of time and effort to get them into our sims though!!), but it depends on how intricate the model is and how detailed do you want it to be ie a simple P-51 against a complex B-17. After the model, is the skin or textures, then the flight dynamics and ac config. And how proficient you are with a modelling prog..Blender, Gmax, FSDS et al? If you're starting from scratch then you have to learn the modelling prog as well, and start with simple things. A simple ac model could take you several months. If you're very proficient, and working on a simple-ish model, say a P-51, then possibly it may take you a couple of weeks to a month, depending how much time you spend each day on it. People such Milton Shupe, Team Daedalus or Captain Kurt would be good people to speak to.

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Hi Folks,
    Just uploaded the model to the library.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=205&id=29640

Cheers

Shessi
    Sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you.

How long is a piece of string? Apparently the average is 38cm, according to the UK's National Physics Laboratory; I bet their Christmas parties must be a laugh a minute.
    Andy

Andy,
    Ha ha ha..that made me larf!

Enjoy.

Cheers

Shessi

Miles M14A Magister Fs9

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military - Props

Description: A new model of the WWII RAF basic trainer a Miles M14A Magister. With 19 various textures.

Shessi

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Miles M14A Magister Fs9
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Thanks Shessi, very nicely detailed!

Cheers mav

Many thanks Shessi, a must have for me, love them. Have Uncle Ted's and the FCS rendition, can never have to many.

Cheers Folks, really enjoyed doing this one.

Wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the IL-2 guys!

Shessi

Thanks Shessi, I'm sure we will enjoy it as much, as you did while doing this one.

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 2