TA-4J Skyhawk Released - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: TA-4J Skyhawk Released

VA-212 and VA-56 Released?

Hi Matt,Have you released your VA-212 (NP521) or VA-56 (NG406) yet?Beautiful repaints!!Regards,Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    @Sundog

I'll see what I can do, but at the moment it is not a priority.

If you have the chance (and a powerful PC...sensor rendering takes its toll), try my payware F-35 with Tacpack - it really shines and gives you a glimpse into 5th gen fighters operation...
    Yes, I've been flying it with TacPack and it's a lot of fun. I'm still learning the systems. Having said that, I have a weird error with the panel, where both sides of the top section end up overlapped on the left side and the right side is just black in that top "main control" area.

@SunDogVery strange issue...and one unheard of.In any case, be sure you have the latest version installed (the PBR upgrade has the latest avionics)...

@RichardLouis

My apologies for the poor quality of the paintkit and the waste of time spent in locating the texture.
    Please see the location in the UWV mapping below.
    I'll try to find the time to improve the paintkit.

BTW cool repaint of the Draken jet!

Quote Originally Posted by RichardLouis View Post
    Hi Dino,
    Thank you for this little gem ! I have a lot of fun with it.
    I like it so much that I would like to do a bunch of repaints (Not as much as Matt !).
    I started with a plane which belongs to Draken International (N141EM).
    But I am bored by a detail. On the paint kit, I do no find the blade antenna which is situated just behind the second seat on the back of the plane. On the real plane that antenna is white, but mine appears green.
    Can you help me ? Where is it on the paint kit ?
    Thank you.
    Richard

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image1.jpg  

Icon26

@RichardLouis

My apologies for the poor quality of the paintkit and the waste of time spent in locating the texture.

Thank you for your quick reaction and your assistance Dino.
    (Please do not apologize, the paint kit it easy to use compare to others !).
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Gold View Post
    Hi Matt,Have you released your VA-212 (NP521) or VA-56 (NG406) yet?Beautiful repaints!!Regards,Bill
    Not yet i was only home 2 days before flying out, im currently working from a old laptop and mobile phone to post the new images

Im home saturday night for a few hrs before i fly out again early sunday, i will try and upload them then once the kids have gone to bed

Thank you Dino

@RichardLouis

Thanks to you Dino I finished my repaint.
    Thank you one more time.
    Richard

Fantastic repaint, Richard!

If anyone is curious, there are currently about 31 A-4 Skyhawks flying in the world, split between the US and Canada. Most are operated on military/government contracts, but several are operated as restored warbirds/airshow flyers (N128TA, N2262Z, N234LT, N49WH, N518TA, N524CF and N7051J).

Canada: 7 (C-FGZD, C-FGZE, C-FGZH, C-FGZI, C-FGZO, C-FGZS, C-FGZT)
    United States: 24 (N128TA, N146AT, N147AT, N141EM, N142EM, N143EM, N144EM, N145EM, N146EM, N147EM, N161EM, N162EM, N163EM, N164EM, N166EM, N167EM, N207AT, N2262Z, N234LT, N252WL, N49WH, N518TA, N524CF, N7051J)

(This list does not include the numerous other examples registered with the FAA that are not currently flyers/not active.)

Posted some pics of N518TA (which is also included in Dino's default paints) at the beginning of this topic. Such an awesome plane to see flying. Love the Draken repaint -- a bunch of Draken L-159s took off right before an FHCAM airshow in Everett, WA this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post

If anyone is curious, there are currently about 31 A-4 Skyhawks flying in the world, split between the US and Canada. Most are operated on military/government contracts, but several are operated as restored warbirds/airshow flyers (N128TA, N2262Z, N234LT, N49WH, N518TA, N524CF and N7051J).

United States: 24 (N128TA, N146AT, N147AT, N141EM, N142EM, N143EM, N144EM, N145EM, N146EM, N147EM, N161EM, N162EM, N163EM, N164EM, N166EM, N167EM, N207AT, N2262Z, N234LT, N252WL, N49WH, N518TA, N524CF, N7051J)

(This list does not include the numerous other examples registered with the FAA that are not currently flyers/not active.)
    Thanks Bomber 12th. That's interesting information. I like the Canadian Discovery Air/Top Aces company grey and off-white aggressor
    paints. I hope that when Dino releases his single seat A4, someone will decide to take one of them on (providing of course the company
    itself is willing; these days, a number of private companies don't seem to want their names used in flight sims, despite all the free
    advertising and good will it offers).

The company uses A4N's, so hopefully not too far different from one of Dino's planned versions.

-RobM

a shortfall of mine, i failed to install the PBR content update a while back and cant view PBR on this laptop, so Ive had to resort to sending the texture onto to Dino for a PBR screenshot

This Admiral's Ship has some chrome on it and took a bit longer than i expected

Screenshot from Dino's system

not having a dig at Dino, unfortunately there will be limitations on some schemes as there is some mirroring in the mapping that limit schemes that prevent hull bands that go over the canopy, as seen the section in yellow is mirrored in brown circle, ive been experimenting the several hours to no avail

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post

Thank you for this info. With more than 100 planes, Draken International is the private company that owns the most military jets (A4 - Mig 21 - Aero L159 - Aero L39 - Mirage F1 - Cheetah).
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    not having a dig at Dino, unfortunately there will be limitations on some schemes as there is some mirroring in the mapping that limit schemes that prevent hull bands that go over the canopy, as seen the section in yellow is mirrored in brown circle, ive been experimenting the several hours to no avail

I also noticed this effect when I wanted to represent the small hole on the right side just below the antenna. I was surprised to see the result, the hole also appeared on the left side in P3D.

I hope the single seater comes with its own sub

Dino, any report on the Altimeter "Kollsman" window not displaying a "3" for the 1st digit, as in "30.00" pressure setting?
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

@Victory103

No, but it seems you are right. Will check and fix that.

OA-4M model coming in the next update

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image3333.jpg   OAM4.jpg   Image2222.jpg  

Dino, please post when the latest release with the OA-4M is uploaded to Simmarket.com etc. I am looking forward to purchasing it. I have the beta testers complimentary copy, but look forward to compensating you for the awesome extra work you've done with all this.

Cheers sir.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by RichardLouis View Post
    Thanks to you Dino I finished my repaint.
    Thank you one more time.
    Richard
    Hello Richard lovely paint would you upload for us?

The above have been uploaded to www.avsim.com tonight

Quote Originally Posted by waka172rg View Post
    Hello Richard lovely paint would you upload for us?
    Hello Waka172rg, yes, the repaint will be available soon. But in the meantime I started a second skin. If it does not take too much time, I will upload both at the same time.
    Richard

Members who have read this thread: 2