Prepar3D v3 Screenshots - Page 3
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Prepar3D v3 Screenshots

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xpelekis View Post
    BTW : Do you know of a way to transfer the native planes of FSX boxed version into P3D ?...
    I'm interested for the DC3 and the sailplane of FSX.

I do really want to make a thermal flight over this photoreal environment !...
    You can port FSX planes into P3Dv3 without problems that I am aware of.
    Copy and paste the airplane in it's folder into P3D, also you will need to copy effects and gauges as well. The best way is to make a backup of your P3D effects and gauges folders. Copy your gauges and effects from FSX into your P3Dv3 folders without overwriting existing files. This will only place the FSX effects not included in P3D into the working folder.

Important: do not copy the .cfg file from FSX effects into P3D.

BTW: Minden, NV KMEV Minden/Tahoe will be included in the scenery set. Great soaring from there.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

I might have overwritten the cfg file in the effects folder when copying over files. Any advice?..

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    I might have overwritten the cfg file in the effects folder when copying over files. Any advice?..
    PM me...I'll help you straighten it out.

FYI, I installed the FSX DG808S in P3Dv3 and it worked fine...tow plane...thermal graphics...all good. Did a long flight from Minden NV to KMMH.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    A road trip would be great...I have one or two usual stops right out in your neighborhood. I wouldn't mind shaking hands with some friends.

Scenery thread..? Hmmm, maybe a thread for everyone to post their work and techniques would be nice. I'd be interested in some other opinions.

Actually your friend was not too far off with her oil painting observation. Most designers use photos of plants for their vegetation. I begin with photos for reference, but all of my vegetation are made by first hand painting the individual trees, grass or brush. A lot of guys don't care about scenery and ambiance, but I think it brings the sim to an entirely new level.

This is an example of what is possible in P3D DX10+, and to a lesser extent FSX that is slightly restricted with DX9. From one of my beta test "plots".

Your scenery has that CBB7 - Tipella feel... a no longer ORBX downloadable freeware scenery...gorgeous!!! Was that your scenery?

Hey Daveroo...I'm still working off that great meal, thank you buddy!!!

Greg

Best airshow/rock concert ever!
    First flight game/sim...Atari 8 bit USAFF text based WWII bombing game!
    i7 6700k @ 4.675 ghz | Asus Maximus VIII Formula Mother Board | 500 gig Samsung EVO 950 M.2 for OS | Crucial 500 gig SSD dedicated to P3D | 16 gigs Corsair Dominator DDR4@3200 | Corsair H115i AIO 280mm | GTX Asus Strix 1080 GPU | 4K 49" LG Monitor | Windows 10 64 bit

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RockStarofRust View Post
    Your scenery has that [FONT=Roboto]CBB7 - Tipella feel... a no longer ORBX downloadable freeware scenery...gorgeous!!! Was that your scenery?
    Yes, I did CBB7 Tipella for ORBX. That project utilized their vegetation libraries and FSX autogen, but I have since created my own comprehensive library of vegetation and models. The veggies in the screens above are from those new libs.

When I left that group it was, unfortunately, removed from the lineup. No worries...I'm working on new projects that will be very similar but will utilize the newer objects and vegetation.
    Last edited by gman5250; November 29th, 2015 at 19:52.
    Thomas Jefferson

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Beautiful shots!
    Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Short video of MJ C-117D

Very cool to see shadows on the pilots and inside the cowls!!!

Superb shots TuFun, as usual
    Yes, the P3D shadows really had something to the "consistency" of the view, and yes it's especially valid for shadows inside the plane. I noticed that when I did the screenshots of the Beaver.

On a side note, did you notice there's a newer version of the Solenzara airbase ? They added some more details to it (and AI traffic as well)

Thanks for reminding me about Tipella.
    In FSX I couldn't use it so much, because it had too much impact on the FPS. But in P3D, it's smooth as silk

Funny thing is: I triggered the avatar mode and I appeared swimming in the water... so I went to the ramp, and started walking it up

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Thanks for reminding me about Tipella.
    In FSX I couldn't use it so much, because it had too much impact on the FPS. But in P3D, it's smooth as silk

Funny thing is: I triggered the avatar mode and I appeared swimming in the water... so I went to the ramp, and started walking it up
    Yeah...that water is freaking cold. lol

Agreed P3D has smoothed things out tremendously. I design to maximize current technology, but accommodate the less capable systems. Tippela was a push for FSX for sure.

Tipella P3D is absolutely on my to do list. I still have all of the modeling I created for the project, I still own the IP and my new vegetation libs work extremely well in P3D and FSX. In addition, all of the modeling and autogen are already done for Little Harrison lake, which is the only real world spot you can land a float plane.

Tipella has also expanded quite a bit since I released the freeware. The new version will include the new infrastructure.

Of course, the best aspect of CBB7 is landing without wadding up your equipment. lol
    Thomas Jefferson

Hey G,

Do you need Orbx to use the freeware CBB7? In the video below it looks gorgeous.

Edit: I installed this scenery in FSX without PNW and the water at the logging camp is gone. SO it looks like this is not a standalone;I think PNW is needed to draw the missing water and whatever else
    is needed.
    Last edited by gray eagle; December 12th, 2015 at 09:54.

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Yeah...that water is freaking cold. lol

Agreed P3D has smoothed things out tremendously. I design to maximize current technology, but accommodate the less capable systems. Tippela was a push for FSX for sure.

Tipella P3D is absolutely on my to do list. I still have all of the modeling I created for the project, I still own the IP and my new vegetation libs work extremely well in P3D and FSX. In addition, all of the modeling and autogen are already done for Little Harrison lake, which is the only real world spot you can land a float plane.

Tipella has also expanded quite a bit since I released the freeware. The new version will include the new infrastructure.

Of course, the best aspect of CBB7 is landing without wadding up your equipment. lol
    Cool to have it eventually in P3D! Did some crazy (exploding Jeep) videos of that scenery!!!

Awaiting Squamish updates to P3Dv3. Want to see how smooth that one will be on my rig.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Hey G,

Do you need Orbx to use the freeware CBB7? In the video below it looks gorgeous.
    You will need ORBX PNW if you are using the original freeware version of CBB7 Tipella. The shorelines are very different from stock FSX and will display much of the scenery intended for water incorrectly on the land.
    Thomas Jefferson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Cool to have it eventually in P3D! Did some crazy (exploding Jeep) videos of that scenery!!!

Awaiting Squamish updates to P3Dv3. Want to see how smooth that one will be on my rig.
    I've still got that vid TF....makes me laugh every time I watch it.

Not sure how long it will take them to release the CYSE upgrade.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Superb shots TuFun, as usual
    Yes, the P3D shadows really had something to the "consistency" of the view, and yes it's especially valid for shadows inside the plane. I noticed that when I did the screenshots of the Beaver.

On a side note, did you notice there's a newer version of the Solenzara airbase ? They added some more details to it (and AI traffic as well)
    Hi Daube,
    Please would you tell me where to find this newer version of Solenzara AB - neither the virtualcorsair.fr version nor the payware Skydesigners one seems to have been updated......thanks
    best regards

Rick Canham
    Australia/Sweden

Members who have read this thread: 1