Beaufort Torpedo attack
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beaufort Torpedo attack

Beaufort Torpedo attack

When I do torpedo missions with the Beaufort the AI crash into the ocean.Attacking with bombs works fine.
    Anyone else have this problem?

Never mind,I did some editing and they work fine now.

Yes, same problem for me but most of CFS3 have the same issue. If I remember well, you have corrected this problem by tweaking the XDP file on some aircrafts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Quote Originally Posted by Talon View Post
    Never mind,I did some editing and they work fine now.
    What changes did you make to get it working properly?

Quote Originally Posted by gosd View Post
    It still needs some work but I'm getting there.

I fixed the B-25 and B-17 years ago so they could skipbomb and the fixes were used in the PTO Rising Sun. I just want to check them and see if those fixes work.

When I do torpedo missions with the Beaufort the AI crash into the ocean.Attacking with bombs works fine.
    Anyone else have this problem?
    My problem with other aircraft was that they were hitting the water when losing altitude in the final bank to the target.
    I believe that I circumvented the issue by not sending the "Attack" order to the AI wingmen until I had already brought them down low to the water and was in the final level torpedo run with the entire formation.

Quote Originally Posted by swpierce View Post
    My problem with other aircraft was that they were hitting the water when losing altitude in the final bank to the target.
    I believe that I circumvented the issue by not sending the "Attack" order to the AI wingmen until I had already brought them down low to the water and was in the final level torpedo run with the entire formation.
    I find the multi engine planes tend to crash into the water more often,single engine planes usually attack fine.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    I have the skipbomb missions from PTO I don't remember any problems..
    Will have to check this..

Quote Originally Posted by HouseHobbit View Post
    I have the skipbomb missions from PTO I don't remember any problems..
    Will have to check this..
    That's because the bombers were already fixed before the missions were done.

my issue simple flys great torepdo loaded , but wont release ........lol

just looked at the torpedo Beau....and even though there are no bomb bay doors apparent.....try hitting shift-B first and then see if your torpedo will release

Quote Originally Posted by gosd View Post
    gosd,

I'm waiting for your reply if the changes worked for you.

Be patient.....
    I tried the A/C with and without the fixes and did not see much difference except I did not need to open the bomb doors to release the torpedo.
    In wich mission should I test the plane to really get to notice the fixes?

gosd,

I'm waiting for your reply if the changes worked for you.
    Tried sending a private message but the door is closed.

SOH-CM-2020
    I've noticed the aircraft crashing in the final turn when loaded with a torpedo or two. One thing I wonder is if tweaking the "min alt" setting would help? IIRC it is at the bottom of the xdp file - don't know if there is an equivalent in the .cfg or .air file?

If the minimum altitude were a bit higher for problem aircraft then they would not hit the water in that last steep turn they seem to do just above the water before commencing the attack run.

OK, I know it's an old thread, but has there been any solution so far?

Have been playing around with the MinAlt in the *.xdp, but didn't notice no difference....

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by italflyer View Post
    OK, I know it's an old thread, but has there been any solution so far?

Have been playing around with the MinAlt in the *.xdp, but didn't notice no difference....
    Hi Italflyer, thanks for the update. I would love to know what Talon's xdp tweaks were.

Recently I've been flying an FW 190_a5 from Calais in a campaign. Th eloadout for antiship missions is the torpedo. The AI 190 is quite prone to crashing on the final turn, I developed the same solution as mentioned in this thread, of leading the formation down to attack level and waiting until about 3NM out on final approach to issue orders to attack. Most wingmen then proceed straight in to their assigned targets (although there are always a few mavericks).

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    Hi Italflyer, thanks for the update. I would love to know what Talon's xdp tweaks were.
    I did tweaks to the air file and cfg file to make it work.After I did that no more crashes during torpedo attacks.Since I'm away until Sepember and don't have MAW on my boats computer I can't tell you exactiy what I did.When I get back home I'll be able to post what I did.

I did tweaks to the air file and cfg file to make it work.After I did that no more crashes during torpedo attacks.Since I'm away until Sepember and don't have MAW on my boats computer I can't tell you exactiy what I did.When I get back home I'll be able to post what I did.
    Thanks for the reply! I'll be patient then.

Hope the bad weather over here doesn't last too long, so I'm getting other ideas then firing up my flightsim....

SOH-CM-2020
    That would be great, thanks Talon!

SOH-CM-2020

Beaufort testing

Hi Talon,

I tried the Beaufort IIT flying out of Malta on QC ground attack mission, using a torpedo as loadout, with 3 wingmen. The ground.spawns file generated enemy ship convoys within 5 minutes every time.

Unfortunately my AI wingmen failed the job and crashed on that tight turn they do before lining up for the final approach. Attached are some screenies:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bfort 3.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	10120Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bfort 2.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	10121Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bfort 1.jpg 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	10122Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bfort.jpg 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	10123

The successful ones are mine. One screenshot shows an AI wingman crashing mid-turn. Another is a random shot of a landing when damaged.

I've played round with a few settings - in the .cfg file there is a parameter for flaps up stall speed, and in the airfile primary aerodynamics there is a stall warning speed which I tried setting a bit higher than the flaps up stall speed. However thus far no luck - I could trying hopping out mid-game and tweaking the QC mission file in the App Data pathway, to give AI wingment a Skill=3 level, but that would be admitting defeat

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    Hi Talon,

I tried the Beaufort IIT flying out of Malta on QC ground attack mission, using a torpedo as loadout, with 3 wingmen. The ground.spawns file generated enemy ship convoys within 5 minutes every time.

Unfortunately my AI wingmen failed the job and crashed on that tight turn they do before lining up for the final approach. Attached are some screenies:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bfort 3.jpg 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	10120Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bfort 2.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	10121Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bfort 1.jpg 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	10122Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bfort.jpg 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	10123

The successful ones are mine. One screenshot shows an AI wingman crashing mid-turn. Another is a random shot of a landing when damaged.

I've played round with a few settings - in the .cfg file there is a parameter for flaps up stall speed, and in the airfile primary aerodynamics there is a stall warning speed which I tried setting a bit higher than the flaps up stall speed. However thus far no luck - I could trying hopping out mid-game and tweaking the QC mission file in the App Data pathway, to give AI wingment a Skill=3 level, but that would be admitting defeat
    Very strange Daiwillet,

Mine work fine.I used the same QC as you and here are pics or results.Did you delete the bdp?

2 of them are the AI dropping torpedoes.The others are the AI torpedoes hitting the Target
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beau Torpedo 002.jpg   Beau Torpedo 003.jpg   Beau Torpedo 004.jpg   Beau Torpedo 001.jpg  

I have tested Talon's fixes also and they work great for me. He even sent me some spawn files with a mission and the convoy takes a beating by the AI planes.

SOH-CM-2020
    Very strange Daiwillet,

Mine work fine.I used the same QC as you and here are pics or results.Did you delete the bdp?

2 of them are the AI dropping torpedoes.The others are the AI torpedoes hitting the Target
    yep deleted bdp. I'll get on to some more testing hopefully today. Wish I could get the ship spawns in QC mode to shoot back at me....

Liked your screenies Talon!

Finally did a test with the new .xdp and .air - files. Works like a charm, not one AI wingman crashing into the wate, all delivered their torpedos, 4 ships sunk!

Thanks Talon, works great now.....