HDE - High Definition Environment - V2.0

Thread: HDE - High Definition Environment - V2.0

HDE - High Definition Environment - V2.0

Hi there.

Pablo Diaz has released his second version of the HDE for FS2004. The first version had several textures that could be used in FSX, and looked fantastic. Has anyone downloaded this yet?

<table align="center" bgcolor="#cceeff" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2" align="left">Category: Flight Simulator 2004 - Miscellaneous Files </td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" width="*"> HDE - High Definition Environment, v2.0 </td> <td nowrap="nowrap" align="right"> <!-- --> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> Images related to this file:

<table border="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td> </td> <td width="*"> File Description:
    Photorealistic texture pack that will change the aspect of your Clouds (cumulus, stratus, cirrus), sky color, aircraft reflections and ground detail.

What's new in V2.0? - New and better photorealistic cumulus, better sky colors, some new cirrus, ENBseries.ini (Bloom effect with great performance). HDE v2 is compatible with your favorite weather engine and environment software. Check Repco Catalogue and Autobarn Catalogue.

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

<table align="center" bgcolor="#cceeff" border="0" width="50%"><tbody><tr> <td width="25%">Filename:</td> <td width="75%">hdev2.zip</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="25%">License:</td> <td width="75%">Freeware</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="25%">Added:</td> <td width="75%">9th April 2010</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="25%">Downloads:</td> <td width="75%">6028</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="25%">Author:</td> <td width="75%">Pablo Diaz</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="25%">Size:</td> <td width="75%">24180kb</td></tr></tbody></table>

Looks very good.
    SYSTEM: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit |PSU - CoolMaster 1000Watt Gold edition |MoBo - Asus Sabertooth X79 |CPU - Intel i7 3930K OC (4.6 GHz) |Display - ATI Gigabyte 7970 HD |3X4GB G.Skill |Controls - TM HOTAS WARTHOG (Serial No. 4523) Saitek Rudder Pedals |TrackIR 4 Pro

Looks good indeed. Would certainly be getting it if I didn't have REX.

cloud textures will work perfect other textures I think will NOT at least that what I know

BR
    Tom

Be careful with the cirrus textures. They may crash FSX.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Be careful with the cirrus textures. They may crash FSX.
    thanks for the warning
    making a backup of textures folder is actually a good idea and should be standard when installing third party textures to FSX texture folder

BR
    Tom

I got around to downloading this earlier and I had a quick play.

I think the cirrus textures are stunning. Really really nice. The cumulus textures are really fluffy but I'm not actually a huge fan. The ENB mod makes them a little too bright, and whilst I'm aware the ENB can be modified (and I have done so) I'm still not too fond of them. I'm going to stick with the cumulus from HDE V1 and the cirrus from HDE V2.

A quick photo of the cirrus clouds, from the A2A mustang (bought the WW2 fighters pack and LOVE it). You can see the cumulus at the bottom of the screen.

Attachment 5010

Edit: Compression definately hasn't done it any favours. It looks very lifeless here. In game it looks ten times better.

Edit 2: How very odd! My cumulus textures have just stopped working! I have blocks all over the sky. The cirrus are still fine though. I suspect that my distaste for the cumulus is that in fact FSX cannot display them - at least not consistently. Perhaps I have made a mistake in the installation though. I will have a look.

Edit 3: Ohhh this is a bit of a mess. I think I've mixed by backups with the HDE ones by accident, now I don't know which ones work and which ones don't....

The one thing I know for sure is that the cirrus texture works and it looks great.

Now, has anyone got a copy of the default FSX texture files they could give me!? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Skittles View Post
    The one thing I know for sure is that the cirrus texture works and it looks great.
    Hm. Weird. Cirrus cloud textures pulled from FS Skyworld's old packages refused to work in FSX for me.

SOH-CM-2024
    I have REX in both sims and I have no qualms over their cloud textures. But HDE is excellent freeware and I sure enjoyed it in FS2004 until REX-2004 came along. I am sure version 2.0 is every bit as good as version oine and I shall download it for postarity, I never know when I may want to use it.

Thanks for the HU.

Caz

Hm. Weird. Cirrus cloud textures pulled from FS Skyworld's old packages refused to work in FSX for me.
    Did you take the textures directly out of the FS Skyworld folder, or did you use the FS Skyworld installer ?

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Did you take the textures directly out of the FS Skyworld folder, or did you use the FS Skyworld installer ?
    Directly from the folder.
    If my memory doesn't fail me you had the same problems back then, didn't you?

Directly from the folder.
    If my memory doesn't fail me you had the same problems back then, didn't you?
    Absolutely Bjoern.
    The mistake was indeed taking the texture directly out of the FS SKyworld installation folder. The textures there are not in a usable format yet. The user has to go through the FS Skyworld installer program, to choose a pack and install it into a dummy destination folder (containing a copy of FS9.exe I believe). The installer will convert the textures before placing them into that dummy destination folder, and only then you can transfer those texture into your sim.

I did that mistake with the Cumulus clouds some months ago, then I realized with DXTBMP that the textures in the installation folder are completely messed up (strange colors etc...).

The sky texture remain incompatible no matter what, however. Just like this HDE package, only the clouds textures will work.
    I like the FS Skyworld cumulus textures, they are FPS friendly and they already look very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    The sky texture remain incompatible no matter what, however. Just like this HDE package, only the clouds textures will work.
    Ah. I'll give 'em a try then.
    The sky textures from that "XPlor environment" set look nice enough anyways, so no need for an immediate replacement.