deHavilland Dash 7
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: deHavilland Dash 7

deHavilland Dash 7

It's been a long time coming and will be a bit longer while the remaining textures are completed.

Mike Kelly has been diligently after the intricate details and we are trying to get this to fruition. But patience is yet required.

There are 5 more liveries in progress to complement these three.

Maybe we can get this out by Christmas.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

The quad Otter was my first Captains ride and my first Milton Airplane. A great niche airplane for more than average adventure flying!

T

Thanks Milton for continuing with this one...!! i-ve been watching this for awhile now..

rgds
    t creed

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    :salute: Sounds will be ready by Christmas Milton.
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

DHC-7 RE-BORN

Milton,

Your Dash 7 has always been a favourite of mine - now you have made a very good model excellent. What with the new sound decibels being cooked up by sound-meister Nigel, Christmas is looking very rosy indeed.

Thanks for your amazing commitment to FS free-ware and your un-ending excellence!

Rgds Mal

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    The quad Otter was my first Captains ride and my first Milton Airplane. A great niche airplane for more than average adventure flying!T
    Heh... what, a Quotter, then??

The very best kind of re-work: an already excellent model being burnished with the Full Monty...
    I am very patient, and have just the place for it:

Come Christmas, there will be lots of lovely snow here, too.

Thanks to the team on the updated Dash 7.

I flew in Dash Sevens a few times in the 80s. It'll be fun to duplicate some of those flights in and around the Rocky Mountains.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Looking forward to this one for sure!!!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Looking forward to this one for sure!!!
    Me too. Thanks for keeping it going, Milton.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Thank you Milton for the Dash7 update status. Looking forward to her. I remember flying seval times on Air Tindi's Dash7 out YZF to many remote communities.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

For this particular project, it has been harder than pushing a rope to make progress.
    Fortunately Mike Kelly inspired me to totally remap the aircraft for lots of details so that unbound a lot of constraints for me.

In addition to the 3 liveries posted in the original post, Mike Kelly is working on the following:

London City Airways
    Eurocity Express
    Allegheny Commuter
    DeHavilland Dash 7 factory scheme
    Gronlandsfly
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Excellent Milton:salute: I just got news Air Tindi purchased another Dash 7 recently, they now have three Dash 7's. Seems there is a call for Dash 7 Combi's.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire

The combi's were a godsend to many remote villages. The aft baggage on this sized plane was just not big enough for any cargo in addition to pax dunnage and a lot of things had to be ordered and shipped in. Usually a decent crowd to meet the "mail plane"! It would get into many tight places in bad conditions that would defeat other planes.

On the downside, a four holer cost more to operate, it wasn't that fast and was probably over engineered, requiring a lot of maintainance. But I always enjoyed flying it and found it challenging as an airman!

T

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    The combi's were a godsend to many remote villages. The aft baggage on this sized plane was just not big enough for any cargo in addition to pax dunnage and a lot of things had to be ordered and shipped in. Usually a decent crowd to meet the "mail plane"! It would get into many tight places in bad conditions that would defeat other planes.

On the downside, a four holer cost more to operate, it wasn't that fast and was probably over engineered, requiring a lot of maintainance. But I always enjoyed flying it and found it challenging as an airman!

T
    Tom,

The Dash 7's in my view were an engineering marvel for exactly the kind of purposes that Canada, Greenland, and Austria needed, not forgetting those small island airports either. Somebody has to address these remote places of civilization and no one does it better than the old de Havilland.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

The most memorable moment i had with the Dash 7 was flying into Polaris on Little Cornwallis Island in the dead of winter midnight sun and a phase 2 blow. If there was a aircraft I trust with my life in Phase 2 blow conditions it is the Dash 7. She is a critical element of the Canadian Arctic Lifeline to communities and mining operations and NWS stations. It's also the reason why on my Virtual Airline I keep the Dash 7 in the Fleet.

The Cargo version was the first to get done, now the all-passenger version is reconstructed and ready for Mike Kelly to do his magic. Next up is the "Combi" and I hope to have that ready this weekend for Mike. Textures already in progress for all of them.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I rode the Rio Airways Dash 7 from Dallas to Texarkana and back a couple of times. We called it the "Flying Banana" because of the bright yellow paint.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

And just today I was using your Dash 7 in Tindi colors constructing Port Radium CYIX Scenery and CYLT Alert and converting Sid and Pete's CYCB. dont worry CYIX will come in Fs9 flaver too. Cant fork over CYLT, FS9 makes the runway go goofy and nails,and Duck tape don't work to hold it down. I'm licking my chops for the Combi

Hi,
    @ Milton,

I downloaded the Dash 7 from your site yesterday after reading this post about it and am amazed to think that you are re-doing it....it's a beauty as it is!
    In 2013 the Flight Sim Community ought to allow you a day off from all this creative work . Well, maybe a couple of hours anyway.

Thank you and the Team for all your magnificent aircraft, textures, sounds and panels that together make such a fascinating experience for us in the virtual skies

Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonadedrinker View Post
    Hi,
    @ Milton,

I downloaded the Dash 7 from your site yesterday after reading this post about it and am amazed to think that you are re-doing it....it's a beauty as it is!
    In 2013 the Flight Sim Community ought to allow you a day off from all this creative work . Well, maybe a couple of hours anyway.

Thank you and the Team for all your magnificent aircraft, textures, sounds and panels that together make such a fascinating experience for us in the virtual skies

Andy.
    Well, thank you Andy. The pleasure is ours to give.

The new release Dash 7 is all new except the panel and gauges. The refreshing was neccessary to improve the model accuracy and details, the flight model, and the to give painters more flexibility in their work.

The project current includes the following models:

1) Passenger only version
    2) Cargo only version
    3) "Combi" passenger seats and cargo
    4) An Empty cabin version
    5) The Canadian Ice Recon version

It is good that the older release is still well liked and used as there are over 100 repaints done for those models.

The new release requires an all new paint kit with lots more details and therefore the older repaints are not compatible. It is being developed and tested on both sides of FS9 and FSX (as a portover). Nothing fancy here, just another basic Shupe team package.

Yes, we have put out a few aircraft this year ... actually had to summarize for myself last week as I lost track of the things I released and that are a WIP now. Here is what I came up with but I may have overlooked a few, and did not include assistance for other projects in tutorials, flight models, or panel/gauge works.

Retirement really is treating me well. :-)

EDIT: I really should try to list all the SOH contributors that made this possible. There are so many involved and it is what makes it so much fun and varied. The involvement and enthusiasm by SOH members is truly what makes it possible.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Oh! I forgot a version .... "Drone".
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

That Combi is calling me and Yellowknife and Dew line stations.

Ha! I am sure you are happily expecting this one. It should work well for you. The STOL characteristics are awesome.

Here is an old TWE paint scheme that is a "fav" of mine on the older version, and was done for the original project back in 2002-3 and worked on the FS9 version as well. I cannot find now who did it but I loved the work.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Not sure on the TWE, but at flightsim.com a painter named Chris Dietz has done several paints on your Dash 7 including a TWE and fictional Buffalo Airways. I have Markus Hellwig's Air Tindi paint as my personal faverite.

Yes I saw Chris' TWE paint scheme but it was a different era and scheme than this one. He may have done the earlier on back in 02-03 but I could not find it.

I agree, Markus is missed and I do not know why he left. Such a talent!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here